Javs and X Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javs and X Radar

Basically, all I have to say is: Why did you take X Radar from javs in pub?

I understand the rationalization behind giving lancasters X Radar so they can hunt cloakers and what not. But that still doesn't justify why there was a reaso n to take X Radar from javelins. As the settings currently stand, there is no plausible way a jav can roof, because the second said jav kills anyone, a weasel will come and kill said jav. This is atrocious.

I understand attempting to balance the settings to allow cloakers to still be a viable ship but warbirds, spiders, levithans, and sharks do not have X Radar, and last time I checked warbirds are the primary ship that you'll find in spawn. This gives peolpe who play weasel ample killing oppritunities.

Also, if you give javs energy depleting x radar, a cloaker can still easily kill a jav, so at least the playing field is pretty much even.

So basically, whoever decided to take x radar from javs and to eliminate an entire subcommunity of roofers, please don't rain on my mother fucking parade and give x radar back.
    Last edited by Vehicle; 03-12-2006, 05:18 PM.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

back to the normal settings 2years ago, fuck.
    the price is right, bitch.

Comment

cloakers [...] a viable ship
      Lol.

if you give javs energy depleting x radar, a cloaker can still easily kill a jav
      Obviously you never saw cloakers' attempts to kill me on roof two years ago.

So you took X-Radar away to try to curb teamkilling. Guess what? The teamkilling situation is WORSE now. Somebody calls "x" and javs start firing at every hole, missing more often than not, and teamkilling each other. Because they CAN'T FUCKING SEE WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO SHOOT AT.

Hero is right, go back to the old settings. That way, if I get bored fucking shit up in jav I can fuck shit up in the big weasel and have the entire enemy freq threatening to report me for "cheating". Ah, memories.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i loved the old cloaker, however the new one works too. fuck javs. make their attach bounty 20 i dont want to see them in base

Comment

I agree, give Jav back its X radar!
          -Bubbles
          Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
          Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

For clarification, when i say weasel, it means no cloaking/stealth. When i say x, it means a cloaked/stealthed weasel.

Has any of you ever tried flying a weasle? There is no way a jav can kill a good weasel. I fly weasle consistantly and i don't need to x to clear roof. having energy depleting xradars certainly won't help you against an x. A good weasel can kill pretty much any ship except for spid, and maybe lanc/wb.

Comment

I say:

1. Give jav back xradar
              2. Take away lancaster radar
              3. Make cloak take away more energy for weasel

this way weasel won't stay cloaked as long, and it'll give terrs a purpose
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

yeah this has came up before and i still think javs should have their x radar by defualt and not greened

the fact is

1) most javs never used it cuase its a big drain so its only used in short bursts giving x's the ability to sneak up on unwary javs anyway and most javs to lazy to hit the button:P
                2) javs still bomb x's like crazy since often x's don't have stealth on cuase of its increased drain with cloak
                3) x radar wasn't why there was so many javs in base, and the lack of it has not decreased their population .
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

i agree
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

yep i agree as well, taking x radar away from javs was stupid and pointless
                    Strid3r> We dont have enough players..
                    Da Man> Spec
                    A2m> alright all spec!
                    Strid3r> thanks bro
                    Strid3r in for Idoneus
                    ------- GAME OVER -------
                    Idoneus vs. Shriek: 1 - 0
                    Idoneus wins this game!

Do Eht!

Comment

There are fewer javs on the roof now, because it's so easy for someone in the FR to shipchange to x, and kill the roofer. And since it takes so long to motor up there in a jav, it's more of a hassle with less chance of a reward. And fewer lamers on roof indirectly encourages basing. That's the only reason I think the settings change has helped basing.

But I agree that taking away the xradar has made zero-impact on the amount of jTK's in the flag room. There are just as many javs defending the flagroom now than there were a year ago.

It's too much to expect everyone to do the right thing and balance out the amount of javs in the FR. And when newblets see KontroLz hitting bank-shot 4fers, all of a sudden everyone wants to be a cool guy. The only thing that would reduce the amount of TK's would be to take away the jav bomb, and that's not gonna happen. It's fine the way it is.

Comment

I've not played for a while, but pub javs do need x-radar.

If there's a problem with too many javs on your freq then learn to talk to them and sort it out. The people who screwed with these settings are largely the reason I stopped playing.

Is wadi back? :shock1:
                        Last edited by GoldenPlums; 03-12-2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnidaLife
                          There is no way a jav can kill a good weasel.
                          BLASPHEMY!

A good jav, or atleast one that someone that jds often and can evade and use bullets, can easily take a weasel. Meet me at high noon in public 35. :cowboy:

Comment

Anida, lone is right. With energy depleting x radar, a jav can still beat a weasel a lot of the time. So long as a jav doesn't get close enough to be thrust bulleted, he's fine. The problem is, most javs get close enough to be thrusted upon.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Im with Vehicle - Bring back x-radar for javs!!

PS: Bring back levis in pubs
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                              X