Screen Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Resolution

Just curious as to why the max resolution in TW is 1024x1024, or whatever it is.

I use a dual display, and when I tried to take advantage of a 2054x1024 window, I wasn't allowed in game. I was allowed to sit in spec with that resolution, but not play.

I'm not complaining, I am just curious as to why.

Priitk put the restriction in TW some time ago so everyone would be on a level playing feild.

Edit: BTW you can complain about it or anything else if you wish just not about specific staffers or personal issues.
    Last edited by Kolar; 03-28-2006, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I can't use my 1920x1200 either, it kicks me from the server
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

javs allows
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Well I can only go up to 1280x800 with this machine so it's not really a problem for me. :P
          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Why
            -Kawrae

Comment

You have a wider field of view with higher resolutions. It could give you an unfair advantage over others

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                You have a wider field of view with higher resolutions. It could give you an unfair advantage over others
                trying too look smart hmm? That's just what kolar said

Comment

Originally posted by InCure.
                  trying too look smart hmm? That's just what kolar said
                  Kawrae asked why, he just explained it to him, he can't help it Kawrae didn't read it.
                  Kakka> <3333333333
                  missa> do i want to <3 you after you banged a donkey?

Comment

Basically means that even if u are rich and can afford s 120" moniter with a res of 8264 x 8264 - you still will suck in continum

I play in 800x600 windowed neways
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

My monitor's max res is 1280x1024x16, but it gets the fps to run in the low 50s instead of at 60 all the time.

So I just run 1152x864x16
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I thought the resolution was set because that's what the settings were intended for in the first place.

Comment

No, the community complained a long time ago about the richies having a big, unfair advantage with their 21" monitor with 1900 resolution back around 2000. Thus, they put a cap of 1280x1024. It is a good idea, in my opinion.

Comment

So they thought that being able to see more of the map = more skill?

Because that only increases accuracy (knowing exactly where to point your ship)
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I guess it would level the playing field somewhat. After all, what is a radar shot to one person wouldn't be a radar shot to someone with dual monitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X