No announcement yet.

Calling all real TW Players and STAFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should just recruit me to staff so I can go on hosting sprees.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi.
      I think there should be:

?Host-command - staff would see what events people like hosted etc, then decide on what to host. (If this is possible)

great idea!!!

Originally posted by Bioture
      Well, I personally think that TW should answer ?help calls to host an event more often. And also, maybe have it so that if ER's are afk for extended amounts of time, that they don't sit in a public arena somewhere so I think that theyre not doing anything. I realize that they can't host all thie time, but sometimes when theres absolutely nothing going on, it makes them seem lazy.
      nice said!!

and I'm not being sarcastic, I mean this

Comment

Tugawar! It never get's hosted anymore and to be honest, it's the second best event in TW, right after hockey.
        Regency> not in for dd lol
        Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

Balanceout / Hockey / Strikeball

Comment

Originally posted by Barton

the prob with belim is ?go javs always +20 javs in it. if we kill ?go javs we get more ppl for ?go belim...
            javs vs. belim

javs is the same arena as twjd, good way to get really familiar with the map
            in javs you can work on your teaming

in belim people try more since it's a "rec-place"

I personally dislike the belim arena since it's too crowded, too many walls, twjd is not about "nice shots" where in belim that's what alot of people try to do.

solution?

?go baseelim3?
            fixed site?

or should we just ditch both and use ?go javduel
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
              An idea i was just thinking about...

Maybe a tournament with usage restrictions hosted once in awhile?

also, uh maybe a huge game of hunt played through the pubs and played even if people are offline(maybe with the help of the bots to make u lose if u are offline for a certain period of time)

there you saying something usage events.

and not 36 hours and go.

Comment

TrenchWars Radio.

:greedy:
                TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                4:vys> know it for sure
                4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi.
                  I think there should be:

?Host-command - staff would see what events people like hosted etc, then decide on what to host. (If this is possible)

Ask people if there are enough players for TWHL (Hockey League - I've been talking with Wark about this a while back) - and other kind of Leagues. - This requires a website maker and a botprogrammer.

More event-marathons by ER's.

Tournaments of many days, such as ?go tournament at:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - All the winners play against eachother on Sunday and the event referee advertizes who wins it. This would make a bit of fun, since not all can play week-end events, and for example ?go tourny - the arenas where you play, are way too small to show actual skill, all it is, is spinning around rushing eachother.

The ?host command used to be available, but was removed.. Perhaps theres a reason behind it such as spam, i think it should be brought back as-well.

For the tournaments of many days, i remember Cylor hosting his Annual Warbird Tournament or called it something like that, that was really fun...even though i got knocked out. It gave many chances to qualify (a few tournaments where the top people got qualified or w/e) Some older players should know what i mean.

Overall i believe more active <ER>'s are needed.. Some planning on the staff end would also help. Perhaps scheduling planned events for the day or something, may be difficult at first but would help effectively hosting events for a day by planning on hosting 1 event every hour or something. Just don't let the public know about it incase something comes up and you can't showup, you don't want to make anyone sad.. Plus this would help other staff members know what was (probably) hosted that day, to prevent overhosting an event.

Edit: I forgot who was talking about it, but staff should interact more in hosted events with the people to make it funner. Its normal to go to a hosted event, see the rules, and the game starts.. Then the game ends and the winner is announced. The End. I remember staff used to trash eachother jokingly in events and staff used to add comments on things. It makes it so much funner.
                  Last edited by Killer Soldier; 04-13-2006, 10:36 AM.
                  Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

i dont know how staff or the bots in particular manage the adverts in trench wars. though, i think it would be a good idea to add the !spam command to the bots at wbduel, javduel and base. it works damn fine in other zones and i bet it would here as well.

some people may not be aware of what i am talking right now so i will explain:

at the 4v4pracs at chaos league zone for example the people in these arenas are able to type a !spam command to the bots hosting those events. then, via an advertisment, the players in the whole zone are told that this or that number of players is still needed to start the game. then a timer is started to make sure that people dont abuse the !spam command and spam the zone.

if its not possible to do this using advertisemts its maybe possible to use the alerts chat.

NOTE: the main idea behind this command is not to notify people that a game is starting, but to get people to play if there are still some needed. im tired of people coming to random arenas who spam that people should come to base and stuff.

thinking about wbduel and stuff it maybe would be a good idea to add a captain queue. generally it is a good idea in my opinion to have a look at the bots at chaos league zone to improve the zone.
                    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                    \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                    << evoce >>
                    /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                    TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                    TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                      ?squadowner let me back in staff

That's all I have to say.
                      Yea my names got stolen,
                      or wax considering he knows all my passwords went on it and changed everying
                      I don't have the pass to those names.
                      See this is what im talking about, look how staff is now?
                      and think of how it use to be

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                      ---
                      5:waven> freeze
                      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                      5:Freeze> LOL
                      5:waven> that's how things work around here
                      --
                      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I just think we need some more <ER>s with more imagination.

Too many events are so souless now. They might as well be run by bots the <ER>s dont add anything to them...

Not all <ER>s are like this of course but i just wonder why some people wanted to become ER cos it should be about hosting some good shit, and mixing it up.

No one experiments in events nemore, well at least not in my timezone if i get drunk and play late at night dr. coiff is sometimes hosting and his events rox. No one else hosts anything like them.

Thats what i mean by <ER>s needing some personalilty. cos theres not many other <er>s i could name apart from barton <er> cos hes the only person who seems to host in euro timezone
                        Last edited by Doc Flabby; 04-13-2006, 10:54 AM.
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

There was a bot created not long ago that would record what players wanted hosted but the uppers at the time killed the idea because they felt ERs would only focus on those arenas.

Staff Vs. World DM, more base games, public play tests in TWDev zone of new content. Add an auto zoner about basing starting without the ?go part also.

I'm not looking to get anyone fired or pissed off but the PR Smod position is a stepping stone for getting into upper staff. I was a major pusher of getting it created but it hasn't worked the way it should. That position was meant to be doing things like this; getting people involved, being at the center of discussions and major issues.

I'll try to host a game or two in before the weekend.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

meh i read the first few posts and stopped after dameons cause that was a cool idea. so heres my 2 cents.

make same events that we play everyday or once a week such and such more interesting. i like to see the host get more involved in the event than just sitting there waiting till game is over while speccing those who are to be specced...
                            add some specials, throw some crazy stuff, keep the ppl playing the game guessing.

use the zombie maps for different purposes than zombies. like do a little hide and seek (use hints to help the person find them, granted this might be ruined by those who tell them where they are in spec but still thats them, i want to see it be done by staff). and other ideas like hunt, dm, etc etc. all im saying is use these maps for different purposes as well as what it is designed for.
                            ^^^
                            CHANGE IT UP!

i liked that thing that coiff did where u had to find him in some private arena.
                            i use to play this game called guess (no not the ?go guess arena) with jeenyuss, dads revenge, dark moogoo, and lot of ppl from teks and such. it was a game where we gave each other a trivia question where the answer was in the private arena. now if you take that idea and then change it up like make it more exciting. the host makes u come to one arena and once everyone is in he will put a trivia question. and once you solved it you go to the private arena the answer was (like if the answer was cookies, then you go #cookies). then put a bot in each of those arenas that was an answer and everytime a person got in there, the bot would tell them a letter. like ?go #whatever (as soon as you entered you see a message) first letter is A, pm me for next trivia question. then it continues on till the last bot says last letter is Z i dont know im just throwing out letters right now. once you got all the letters, put it together to see the word it makes then you ?go #az and there is the host waiting for you. first three ppl to arrive gets to get the event they wanted hosted. first person gets zombies if they wanted. second deathmatch watever they want i dont know, and third hockey. do this once a week, it would be a fun event...well i would look forward to it.

EDIT: if the three ppl say the same event it cant be done they have to have separate ideas. and after a while, do one thats really complicated that really challenges the players minds with the trivia questions. first couple ones should be ez trivia questions that way ppl wont get turned off by it.

thats my...erm...25 cents...
                            Last edited by gran guerrero; 04-13-2006, 12:35 PM.
                            sigpic
                            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Well first of all, I think staff has steadily gone downhill from when i first started playing.

Back then, I would get on after school every day, and within 20 minutes I would be playing a hosted event, usually warzone, dodgeball, racing2, hosted basing, or other similar events. those things never get hosted any more. they gave me a chance to shine.

here is what i think is wrong with staff right now. i dont think the hosts are as active as they used to be in hosting fun and different events. i am not sure why. i dont think staff is quite as looked up to any more. i think that if more events were hosted, people would start looking up to staff more, and staff would become a valued position once again. hosting is key, and it has to have a personal aspect to it. there used to be some great hosts. cpt guano used to be really fun with his hosting. and whatever happened to those noises when staff did a zoner? they were funny and they attracted attention. maybe staff should give a zoner saying hello and goodbye when they come and go. the more prominent staff is, the better the zone and participation will be.

these forums are slowly going downhill too. we need new blood here. some people may say that newbies aren't wanted, but in the end they make it more fun. forums should be more emphasized by staff. there should be a zone entrance message giving a link to the forums and explaining a little about them.

finally, automated events need work. there should be sites for belim, elim, and ?go base statistics. this would really encourage play and activity.

To sum it up: i think that there are PLENTY of creative events that can be utilized. i think that any deterioration of the zone is caused by deterioration of community. host more events more often, and a wider variety. increase the prominence of staff. give players a chance to get their names out there. people will try harder for success if people can actually see it when they succeed. they want power. i know i did. that's why i played all those hosted events. i wanted to beat people, and i wanted them to know how i beat them. i wanted to rise to fame. events gave me that opportunity.

it's almost like a cycle. people come to this zone, they slowly rise to fame, and then they slowly go inactive once they have achieved fame. we arent providing enough opportunity or motivation to rise to fame any more. this means that the famous crowd is slowly going stale. let's get staff active again, and help new squads rise instead of hurt them.
                              Last edited by za gophar; 04-13-2006, 12:43 PM.
                              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                              apt>yes u can wtf
                              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                              apt>na
                              apt>ill show you pictures
                              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

-more staffERs
                                -more events!
                                -more anti TK actions
                                -more anti specers actions
                                -rethink cloaker and levi change
                                -pub bots in all pubs
                                -gimmik bots with minigames cycling trough pubs
                                -pub map changes
                                -graphic update
                                -possibility to ?buy outside save with more stuff to buy too

Comment

Working...
                                X