Calling all real TW Players and STAFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all real TW Players and STAFF

Theres endless possibilities involving what staff could do in terms of hosting,events,leagues,ideas,fun stuff,random stuff,weekend things,nightly stuff and etc... Now with both players and staffs help, I would like to open up a discussion on what you , the players, the REAL People who play daily want to do. Give staff some ideas to run with cause most of them are too much newbies to think for themselves. To Staff, let's see if we can come up with some competings ideas and show off the real potential in this zone. I'm not asking for settings changes. I want to see who can come up with ideas on anything mentioned in my first sentence. Events,stuff to be hosted, things to be done. Be creative. See stuff in other zones and think it could work here? Explain.. Most of all I'd like to see if staff is up to the monumental(i hope) task and to keep the players entertained. An example of an idea: host round robin strikeball games once a week(like say, bring ur own team to play in our weekly round robin speedball). Other ideas include ways to imrove the leagues. Trench center was one but something in terms of that? These are my shitty ideas but I think you guys can do way better. Serious responses only please. Thanks and let the games begin!

Pure_Luck

Well, I personally think that TW should answer ?help calls to host an event more often. And also, maybe have it so that if ER's are afk for extended amounts of time, that they don't sit in a public arena somewhere so I think that theyre not doing anything. I realize that they can't host all thie time, but sometimes when theres absolutely nothing going on, it makes them seem lazy.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Hey DO HOCKEY LEAGUE PERIOD. (I agree with Bioture. )
      Last edited by Hungery; 04-13-2006, 02:12 AM.
      AvenDragon> ur mom retires
      Hungery> which one?
      AvenDragon> both
      Hungery> bad i only hv 1
      AvenDragon> why did u ask which then O_O
      Hungery> i wanna c if ur smart
      AvenDragon> fuk u, u hv 2 moms because ur dad is a pu$$y
      Hungery> which one?
      AvenDragon> both
      Hungery> damn sry i only hv 1
      AvenDragon> u need to talk to ur mother cause ur wrong on that one
      AvenDragon> im ur daddy
      Hungery> but my dad is a pussy, so ur a pussy
      AvenDragon> damn
      AvenDragon> ok lets end this conversation

Comment

Lots of new events being worked on in dev zone at the moment. Some need testing with groups of players aka basing events or dm style or conquer style events. Perhaps there can be a forums for schedualing test of these new events so they can be ready for TW faster. It took me a while to get ppl to test coffee only to find out I had to edit the settings.
        ?find dads revenge

Comment

I think there should be:

?Host-command - staff would see what events people like hosted etc, then decide on what to host. (If this is possible)

Ask people if there are enough players for TWHL (Hockey League - I've been talking with Wark about this a while back) - and other kind of Leagues. - This requires a website maker and a botprogrammer.

More event-marathons by ER's.

Tournaments of many days, such as ?go tournament at:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - All the winners play against eachother on Sunday and the event referee advertizes who wins it. This would make a bit of fun, since not all can play week-end events, and for example ?go tourny - the arenas where you play, are way too small to show actual skill, all it is, is spinning around rushing eachother.
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Some ideas that could go into more depth:

1) Having days for ?go base where "base" is a different or alternative map -- like boki or whatever.

2) Totally overhauling SDs and making it into a turf battle for flags or something.

3) Changing the ship settings of: lanc, weasel, and levi to balance them out for actual basing.
            3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW!
              Some ideas that could go into more depth:

1) Having days for ?go base where "base" is a different or alternative map -- like boki or whatever.

2) Totally overhauling SDs and making it into a turf battle for flags or something.

3) Changing the ship settings of: lanc, weasel, and levi to balance them out for actual basing.
              1) Perhaps just change ?go base2 into some map, and then just kill ?go base and get people to play base2 ? - Would make it annoying in the end for a map uploader to upload the ?go base map into another, and back again every week or every second week.

2) Didnt understand but hmm )

3) If you didnt read P_Ls post correctly it said no setting changes.

Originally posted by Dads Revenge
              Perhaps there can be a forums for schedualing test of these new events so they can be ready for TW faster.
              Yes this would be fun. You could ask for people to test the events, and ask for their oppinions about them. This would make them more quickly ready for TW and more like the way TW people want them to be.
              Last edited by Shadowmere; 04-13-2006, 02:25 AM.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi.
                Ask people if there are enough players for TWHL (Hockey League - I've been talking with Wark about this a while back) - and other kind of Leagues. - This requires a website maker and a botprogrammer.
                stfu you hockey zone wanna be.
                AvenDragon> ur mom retires
                Hungery> which one?
                AvenDragon> both
                Hungery> bad i only hv 1
                AvenDragon> why did u ask which then O_O
                Hungery> i wanna c if ur smart
                AvenDragon> fuk u, u hv 2 moms because ur dad is a pu$$y
                Hungery> which one?
                AvenDragon> both
                Hungery> damn sry i only hv 1
                AvenDragon> u need to talk to ur mother cause ur wrong on that one
                AvenDragon> im ur daddy
                Hungery> but my dad is a pussy, so ur a pussy
                AvenDragon> damn
                AvenDragon> ok lets end this conversation

Comment

Lancaster duel would be a good idea. It takes alot more skill than the old lanc, and it's fun to play. Also I think the jav and wb tournys need to take place in separate arenas, instead of being cluttered into one.
                  Last edited by Ward; 04-13-2006, 02:38 AM.
                  1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                  1:Cower> Sword
                  1:Kthx> ok
                  1:Cower> Axe
                  1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                  1:Cower> ?
                  1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

An idea i was just thinking about...

Maybe a tournament with usage restrictions hosted once in awhile?

also, uh maybe a huge game of hunt played through the pubs and played even if people are offline(maybe with the help of the bots to make u lose if u are offline for a certain period of time)
                    Last edited by Pure_Luck; 04-13-2006, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Couple things... going to try to leave it open-ended.

1) I agree with dads. Just out of curiosity, sometimes I drop into dev zone to see what's going on, and often they need people to help test. A lot of the time it's nothing that spamming chats can't solve, but like when we tested ?go coffee, that required around 20 people.

2) Set up some kind of weekly voting for the weekend events. Vary the choices... have about 5-ish choices. If there's say 2 each week... either Sat or Sun can be for the event voted upon, and the other day can be for the predetermined one. I don't know how big the voting turnout will be initially, but maybe (actually not maybe, DEFINITELY) more players will show up if it's actually them who've chosen the event... in order to make the most of every single weekend event.

That's all for now, an impatient someone cut me short :P

Comment

I am not a vet. I am not a newbie. I am in the middle.

Can i first say everyone posting in this thread is pretty much new, thus far. And while they have decent advice, I want them to read this.

First start off by hosting events like Vets vs. world in any arenas possible. Javtourny, Rabbit, these kind of events. Use known-people to make advertisements better. ie....when i see DangerGirl <ER> say "Newbie134 wants to play Rabbit....Come play to see if you can beat him". These kind of ads make me not want to play. Say something like "Blood (who used to be sick at rabbit) says he can beat anyone in Rabbit....come play", I garentee you would get 20 more people playing this game or event. All I am saying is make the zone more vet-based. This makes events more competative and they are, for the most part, the most exciting people in this zone. Hosting strikeball is good idea.

To everyone's amazment, .?go base is killing this zone. There are hundreds of games played per week, and it kinda gets repeatative. Not saying to get rid of it.....but every once in a while when TW has a lot of people....get a staff member to HOST a base event manually, captaining vets....Just to spice up the competition and have a fun game to watch, if you don't get in. Because we all know, getting chosen in .?go base is not hard.

if anyone remembers Mr. 420 <ER>....Do you remember how many guys he used to average every event he hosted? Jeez....he was just a fun guy to be around. And he actually took the time to manually host things. Like I said before....here is an example i am talking about: When your computer messes up, and you call your computer service for help.....Would you rather get a person to talk to RIGHT away to direct you to the correct deptarment to fix your problem? Or would you want to sit through 3 minutes of "Push 1 if it is a Pc, Push 2 if it is a labtop", etc. Get rid of all these fucking bots.....get some originality in tw and personality. You can host an event in this zone, and not even speak a word. Hell, give Necro and sika staff.....wouldn't make a difference. Personality = people interact with each other. Robots = no one has to talk. Be unique in this zone. Speak up, make things lively. I hope you don't just bash this post with "genes your a newbie" because you obviously don't see my point. Go check out another zone, people call each other by real names and laugh at things that happen irl to them that they all talk about. Not sayin we have to do that, but TW, as a zone is very not community-oriented. Everyone just does their own thing. Bring it together staff. If this post gets some spice in people to agree and understand what exactly I am talking about, I will post some more on it and about the things that need help.

-genes
                        lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                        1:sleuth> sup
                        1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                        1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                        1:sleuth> ?
                        1:revolt> rofl
                        1:revolt> ur so bad
                        1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                        1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                        1:sleuth> i dont get it
                        1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Wow genes, very nice post. I agree with everything you said.

I think tw has improved alot. [IE: Javduel,wbduel,duel, etc.]
                          but, I don't see ZH's hosting turretwarz or racing.. etc
                          when I use to host turretwarz I'd get atleast 50 ppl.. everyone looked forward to it, I made it fun for the players..
                          Some staff members are complete asses, example: Evasive
                          I asked him how he was hosting Javs, and he said STFU
                          ... Staff members are losing respect, which affects everything.
                          I don't know what to say about that..

Pure, That hunt idea sounds amazing. Also the tourny with usage restrictions sounds good too. I would def get into pubbing if we had a hunt thing going on, the bots keeping track of the scores and etc made pubbing more goal oriented and fun, which was a plus but got old fast.

And yea it would be good if Staff hosted boki and other basing maps.
                          and
                          no one hosts Waldo anymore, that was a big hit. I use to look forward to that.

About the testing,
                          I'm in twdev, I just came back after a break but..
                          What happend to TwBeta? . . . that's what we did was test..
                          It kind of fell apart, they even took down the twbeta website I made
                          Also, Baseelim is going downhill. What happend? Any ideas?

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                          ---
                          5:waven> freeze
                          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                          5:Freeze> LOL
                          5:waven> that's how things work around here
                          --
                          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Two Words: Wrestling League (basically a revamp of the dueling league)

Now, I'm not saying we all get greased up and play grabass infront of a crowd (I'm sorry Div, but no.) But, I'm thinking it would be a change to the TWEL system. Instead of having a ladder and yearly tournament, I'm thinking of a more TV Wrestling/UFC/Pride/Boxing/etc* approach to it.

We'll have a champion in each league. Then each week, every player is alloted 3 games a day to play against anyone of their choosing (excluding the champion himself). Then, at the end of that week, the player in the #1 Contender spot would fight in a hosted event for the Dueling/Javing/Spider title(s). If the contender wins, they become the champion and the champion goes back to the #2 spot. And to prevent anyone from whoring a spot w/o defending their spot, you will drop 1 rank per day you don't duel.

Rules of Engagement: Duel to 10, warp on. Every day you can challenge up to 3 players, you can be challenged by an infinite amount. If you do not duel at least once during a day (12:00 midnight to 11:59pm), you will be dropped 1 spot in the rankings (ie: from #2 to #3).

Title Bouts will be Duel to 10, warp on, win by 2. Games done on Saturday Nights 3:00pst. And to get a large population of spectators, people can vote on who they think will win the title bout. If your fighter wins, you'll gain a +3 rank bonus at the end of that day.

And, yes, I know, you'd need alot of bot work on this, but that's just my idea.
                            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                              Two Words: Wrestling League (basically a revamp of the dueling league)

Now, I'm not saying we all get greased up and play grabass infront of a crowd (I'm sorry Div, but no.) But, I'm thinking it would be a change to the TWEL system. Instead of having a ladder and yearly tournament, I'm thinking of a more TV Wrestling/UFC/Pride/Boxing/etc* approach to it.

We'll have a champion in each league. Then each week, every player is alloted 3 games a day to play against anyone of their choosing (excluding the champion himself). Then, at the end of that week, the player in the #1 Contender spot would fight in a hosted event for the Dueling/Javing/Spider title(s). If the contender wins, they become the champion and the champion goes back to the #2 spot. And to prevent anyone from whoring a spot w/o defending their spot, you will drop 1 rank per day you don't duel.

Rules of Engagement: Duel to 10, warp on. Every day you can challenge up to 3 players, you can be challenged by an infinite amount. If you do not duel at least once during a day (12:00 midnight to 11:59pm), you will be dropped 1 spot in the rankings (ie: from #2 to #3).

Title Bouts will be Duel to 10, warp on, win by 2. Games done on Saturday Nights 3:00pst. And to get a large population of spectators, people can vote on who they think will win the title bout. If your fighter wins, you'll gain a +3 rank bonus at the end of that day.

And, yes, I know, you'd need alot of bot work on this, but that's just my idea.
                              I'd make a bot for it, or atleast help make it.
                              That sounds very cool, very good idea.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                              1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                              1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                              ---
                              5:waven> freeze
                              5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                              5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                              5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                              5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                              5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                              5:Freeze> LOL
                              5:waven> that's how things work around here
                              --
                              1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Working...
                              X