Calling all real TW Players and STAFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sertifi.
    We can only expect that you werent there when they yet were having shraps in belim B)
    I remember when there were bouncing bombs in belim ^-^
    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

• honestly, the biggest thing tw staff could do to improve the zone is develop better relations with the tw population.

Comment

• that won't happen imo
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

• Host zombies in a small arena, fast/fun/exciting
          ie. Javufc
          3:Amputate> ok why the hell is everett in my afk arena again
          3:Amputate> wtf is this
          3:Amputate> fukin sharing this arena with him
          3:PhizeY> LOL
          3:PhizeY> GONNA AFK HEERE MORE OFTEN

Comment

• Originally posted by PolluX
            no seriously, isn't it possible to set up an agenda of things that will be hosted with date and hour?
            it would be nice to have a place where staffers could post about events they want to host and when, it doesnt have to to absolute accurate.

a web interface or an ingame bot that a player can message with !events <number> and it returns the next <number> events with: already running flag, eta, possible delay in minutes(+/-), arena, staffer, zoner, text

staffers could do !register <eta>, <zoner>, <+/->, <text> and !launch which makes the bot ad with the registered zone message if the time has come and switsched the running flag. staffers can only register 1 event per time +/- delay window. the bot would also notify the staffer so he doesnt forget. if the staffer still doesnt host within the given delay the bot deletes the record. if they !register with eta 0 the bot ads instantly. if the event is over the staffer can message !done and the event doesnt get distributed to players as running anymore. if he forgets the bot removes the record automatically 20 mins after the !lauch command.

so i never miss starcon again. will also get more people into events if it gets used by all staffers. but than you would have to code and use that :/ i think that would be a quite nice feature tho

Comment

• Stop banning me for sending ?help messages, especially when I send a valid one
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• I just have to echo the sentiment for more event refs. It seems like events are hosted so much more infrequently than they used to be. Even when they are, I'm a little tired of zombies in 8 different arenas. If somebody is given the position of <ER>, then their job is to host events. You'd think that would be the funnest staff position there is, schmooz with the players and run all the crazy subarenas of the zone. But it's been said that many ERs lack the gusto and hosting frequency and diversity that people expect from them. That shouldn't happen if the people appointed to ER positions really wanted and enjoyed having their position.
                Hello.

Comment

• Three things that should be done:
                  1. New pubs. In my opinion, playing on the same map 80% of the time I'm playing gets kind of boring after awhile (awhile being about a year). Possibly have a different map for each one, with incentives for winning (such as requesting an event for a specific timeslot).
                  2. More events. As it stands now, the hosting of events is inconsistent (some days many willl be hosted, most other days almost none will be). I suggest that more staff be hired. Also, institute a system where an event would be hosted every half hour or so, and make this list viewable in an arena. During the times that staff isn't avaliable, a bot would do the hosting.
                  3. Variety. It seems like that the same types of events are always hosted. To solve this, make a bot that counts how many times an event or event type is hosted, and set limits to encourage the use of other arenas.

Comment

• idea

^
                    you just gave me an idea, how about if the pubs maps changed every round?
                    It could be more entartaining that way, make a pub with pub 0s rules but always changing maps every round, please.
                    My Signature Is Better Than Yours B)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sertifi.
                      We can only expect that you werent there when they yet were having shraps in belim B)
                      Those were the days.. Good old belim! allways like 30-40 players. allways some1 to break 30 kills. or even magical 40 (blood)
                      Well, cant get those days back. nowadays its weird if even 10 players plays belim.
                      Result of grenade vs. Disabled: 50 - 34
                      lukas93> we do good game now or i leave squad

(RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Falk <ER>:
                      (RoboHelp)>Please do not be rude to the staff.

Skildu

Comment

• Originally posted by Superted
                        Fewer zombie-related games hosted and decent ones that aren't hosted that often put in it's place
                        yea i think zombie has been played in every arena a million fucking times

Comment

• decoy limit

I got an idea: How about raising the decoy limit from 3 to a lot more the last few days before score reset?? Could be fun! :grin:

Comment

• what about paying attention to the pubs?

catching the "basers" befoe they tk?

i realize that u protect the tkers in the lev free zones buy letting them tk at will.

how about trying the same for a lev friendly zone?

oh thats right. since the game came to united states levs are evil.

facist unite

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                            Theres endless possibilities involving what staff could do in terms of hosting,events,leagues,ideas,fun stuff,random stuff,weekend things,nightly stuff and etc... Now with both players and staffs help, I would like to open up a discussion on what you , the players, the REAL People who play daily want to do. Give staff some ideas to run with cause most of them are too much newbies to think for themselves. To Staff, let's see if we can come up with some competings ideas and show off the real potential in this zone. I'm not asking for settings changes. I want to see who can come up with ideas on anything mentioned in my first sentence. Events,stuff to be hosted, things to be done. Be creative. See stuff in other zones and think it could work here? Explain.. Most of all I'd like to see if staff is up to the monumental(i hope) task and to keep the players entertained. An example of an idea: host round robin strikeball games once a week(like say, bring ur own team to play in our weekly round robin speedball). Other ideas include ways to imrove the leagues. Trench center was one but something in terms of that? These are my shitty ideas but I think you guys can do way better. Serious responses only please. Thanks and let the games begin!

Pure_Luck

Comment

• show my video review to the world! how could that NOT help triple the players!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8U6FDFPPcQ

annoying = win
                              LOLZ

Comment

• oh ya! and seperate jav/wb tourny!! (as stated)
                                LOLZ

Comment

Working...
                                X