YouTube advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube advertisement

I'm sure most of you guys know by now the popularity of YouTube, and what better than knowing about it than to actually take advantage of it to the best of our capabilities. If we can get some guerilla advertisement in there, it would do our population some good. Some ideas that could link back to TW / continuum in general would be to incorporate our spaceship graphics (take the coolest bits with tons of explosions) and mix it with a very contemporary and hit music chart topper that would get people to search for it. Post your ideas or comments right here, and lets get this goin on! I always see people talking about how the zone is dying and that the population is on a steep decline. Well here's the chance to do something about it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

This is actually a pretty good idea. I'm sure there's someone out there with the skills to make a really neat advertisement. Maybe it would be worth posting about this on other zone's boards as well?
    sdg

Comment

Smong put together a sample clip from SSCB Paintball Reloaded, which he uploaded to his site. Maybe you should get in touch with him.
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

....do we want to get people to play Paintball or TW?
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
          ....do we want to get people to play Paintball or TW?
          If he can make a short movie about PB he can about TW.
          Think?

Comment

Awesome idea, Kim.
            We just need someone who can make a decent ad
            ?
            ¿

Comment

Nice pictures on ur sig Kim.

Oh and this is a good idea. :fear:

Comment

No.
                We do not need more retards.
                sage

Comment

I agree with Richard. We have to fix a lot of stuff before we should think of trying to draw more people. Right now we have too many javs, weasels and levis causing problems, and if we draw new people in, those are the ships they'll likely turn to. We need to start creating a basing mentality in pubs, so that even if there are other playing styles, newcomers would be encouraged to go to the base. You said it yourself in the opening post, Kim, that this zone is dying. It's not dying because of a lack of new players so much as it is because of a dropoff from players no longer wanting to play because of those problems. Without addressing these issues first, drawing new people in would just be adding to the problems.

Comment

If they wanna lev let em lev, just not in Pub 0, if we got more people in TW more people will play the events. The more souls the more fun.

Besides eventually (granted if they keep playing) they will join a squad run into a dd and from there on..

Edit: Not really arguing about the thread-subject.

Good idea tho

Comment

Face it, a 2d multiplayer game can't compete with the more modern games available. Yes, advertising would attract more visitors, but in the long run wouldn't do much difference between now and then. There are still problems with the zone itself, and maybe we should focus on that before anything else.

However, it could help with some stuff and bring back some more fun in playing. It's worth a try at least.
                      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                      -Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                        I agree with Richard. We have to fix a lot of stuff before we should think of trying to draw more people. Right now we have too many javs, weasels and levis causing problems, and if we draw new people in, those are the ships they'll likely turn to. We need to start creating a basing mentality in pubs, so that even if there are other playing styles, newcomers would be encouraged to go to the base. You said it yourself in the opening post, Kim, that this zone is dying. It's not dying because of a lack of new players so much as it is because of a dropoff from players no longer wanting to play because of those problems. Without addressing these issues first, drawing new people in would just be adding to the problems.
                        However, the problem of not having enough players in the zone in itself causes a self-perpetuating problem for the players and staff of the zone. TWL is not as competitive as voiced by many, arenas are left unplayed in, and staff don't feel the urgency to be online at the ready to take calls with the population as low as 190's in the night time and only 450 on Sunday, which was once our peak population day.
                        Last edited by Kim; 05-29-2006, 05:28 PM.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Continuum has been removed from many online game directories I think something else that would help to boost the population would be to get voting in the ones its left in.

TW isnt the only zone that needs more players. They ALL do. the zones need to get together on this.

We just need to get more people playing continuum. Doesnt matter if TW sucks because of too many javs -_- they can play other zone. I keep looking at the zone list and the numbers seem to be gettting smaller and smaller in all the zones....

What has really damanged continuum is the subspace.net domain name being taken away. So many sites link to that...

And for people who say no one wants to play 2d games anymore...They do, just because a game is 2d doesnt mean people dont play it...Millions of people play solitare...
                          Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-29-2006, 05:55 PM.
                          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                            However, the problem of not having enough players in the zone in itself causes a self-perpetuating problem for the players and staff of the zone. TWL is not as competitive as voiced by many, arenas are left unplayed in, and staff don't feel the urgency to be online at the ready to take calls with the population as low as 190's in the night time and only 450 on Sunday, which was once our peak population day.
                            The "problem" of not having enough players in the zone isn't the problem itself but a symptom of a bigger problem. TWL not being as competive is a problem in the quality of players, not the quantity. Adding more people would not add more experienced players. It would be adding new players, and this zone already has a lot of new players who aren't on TWL squads. I also don't think you can blame staff's inability to take calls on the small size of the zone's population; it's more likely that, if you suddenly get an influx of new players, staff won't be able to keep up with the calls. If they can't handle things now, I don't see how they can handle it if their workload is increased.

There is some validity to your points, but like I said, it's a matter of quality rather than quantity. Those problems you stated are problems of quality. If the zone is losing players like you're saying, then that's a sign that something is wrong with the zone itself. Pulling in more people without fixing those problems isn't a solution, it's just another band-aid.

Comment

If you want to get people to view this add you have to get it to be in the top videos for that day. That means getting every person to link to it in every forum they know and everyone viewing it multiple times to get its viewings up so it gets in the top 20 of that day.

Mix it with a song like Gnarls Barkley Crazy. Show off the best bits of TW. IE Squads all with the same banner fighting other Squads. Hardcore FR battls the fun events. Sumpson has made ss videos before of Leitz in base, maybe speak to him. Id be willing to help with advertising.

Or:

Everyone knows the usual sites people go to. www.miniclip.com www.i-am-bored.com Lets get an add up there? Or pay for some fucking decent advertising i mean comon guys.
                              Makelele> whos camping
                              Sumpson> mitch
                              KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                              Lemar> mitch
                              Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Working...
                              X