YouTube advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    If the zone is losing players like you're saying, then that's a sign that something is wrong with the zone itself. Pulling in more people without fixing those problems isn't a solution, it's just another band-aid.
    All the zones populations are falling... Its a continuum problem not a zone specfic one...And it just down to lack of advertising...

Most of the links to subspace where potential new players would go. like http://beginners.subspace.net which is where i downloaded subspace for the first time. Are no longer there.

So people who want to play cant find the game get frustrated and give up. Losing the "offical" website i think has caused far more damange than most people realise....

We need the subspace.net site back up!

Code:
    DOMAIN STATISTICS:  
    Unique Visitors per month*: 8,366   
    * Data from the previous 32 days  
    Previous Offers for this Domain: 5
    The site gets 8000 visits (not hits) a month. Thats 8000 potential new players that dont find the game and give up.
    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-30-2006, 07:59 AM.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

bring more peeps in, even if there are alredy too many newbs thts wot pub is for

Comment

I am not sure as to what would bring life back to SS, yet, keep in mind that it is the end of the school year for quite a few players, as well as vacation & summer work obligations that can add to a drop in the masses.

Making a new ad is only a small part of attempting to market this game back to a popular download.

I can honestly say that I rarely play the actual game anymore and really have no interest in doing so currently in the way the game has evolved. I am always on the forum, but there is absolutely nothing that draws me to a specific arena or zone anymore. autosb is usually empty, base is usually full of the same ppl that only pick the same players game after game after game. If your a newb, this arena is a complete waste of time IMHO, so if your new, your stuck with pub or a different zone.

TW is a bore on a pub perspective. 1st pub is usually always full...Why? because there is actually a point as to why the game is played!!! timed events draw people to play! The rest of the pubs have people lurking in them just waiting for an open spot in the 1st arena or an advertisment for a hosted event. I personally do not even know why there are other pub arenas....they are there for those that want to screw around?....and if so, that gets boring pretty quick!

I do not see any popularity gained from TW's arenas....well at least not in the summer. Summer has always been a time of decline in SS. People are away or outside and are not playing this game as much as some would think.

Organization is one thing, but if there is no reason to keep people coming back and playing, then this is doomed to slowly die, except for the few loyals that will remain. Make the second Pub a timed arena as well, but allow the levi again, and perhaps make the setting for the weasel like tha days of old...and limit the numbers of Jav's!!! Jav's are a great reason for why people who once played, do not like to play anymore. There should be no warning on the TK's....only allow new players to use certain ships until they have enough hours played in the arena like elim has! would create a reason for them to continue to play, so that they can get to the next level! After all, when we play other video games....what's the objective? to get to the next level? This is not a part of this game anymore. I remember putting in time just to get out of Alpha East back in the day. Had to have so many hours under your belt. Same went for Elim....I was totally into playing and getting my hours up, as there was a reward for the players that did this.

Just my two cents for what it's worth, but I tend to agree with Troll King & Hakaku.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The timer needs to be in ALL the pubs...

The large weasel brought back. It will discorage the use of javs... trust me...

The problem is the new weasel is retarded now as it cant cloak forever so newbs cant play it, so they pick jav instead...I think we would all prefer a few lame cloak kills to that of 10+ javs in the FR...

My first ship was weasel (with infinate cloak) in pub because it was the only ship i kill people in. If i had to pick now it would be javs because the kills are ez, i mean your own team dont expect u too shoot them :fear:

keep pub 0 levi free. (pure pub) (i've changed my mind on this/seen the light/whatever)

Rest of the pubs are free pick of ships.

Most important thing is timer in all the pubs, thats means whatever pub u play there is a point to it. In EG you can play any pub and the aim is the same collect 30 flags. It should be like that in TW.

do this and pub is saved

TW however is not the only zone.

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM
          =====================

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ubspace.net%22

Results 1 - 10 of about 13,400 for "subspace.net". (0.16 seconds)

over 13,000 sites reference subspace.net

subspace.net get 8000 visits (not hits) a month.

All of these never to get to see what this game is like. That is what has caused the most damange to subspace so many sites link to it....and they never get to even try the game
          Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-30-2006, 04:49 PM.

Kitty> true

Comment

This kind of thing should have been done years ago anyway. There are innumerable choices to pick from as to what to make a worthwile video of. This coupled with that catchy music and a good beginners page should then be spammed across the most popular gaming forums/sites/magazines (think about it...why not ask for a free advertisement where it is possible, subspace IS the oldest running online game after all, and free. It could be a great interview topic, with our deans of staff and some of the oldest players. I can't think of any other games that would display similar characteristics to SS) by a person tha is both versed in the english language and has enough time to keep those threads running. The chances are many, but the time is running out for all of us. Whether that is a bad or a good thing (for those among us that are students), decide for yourself.
            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Wether it's useless or not, this is the main point:
              1. fix the zone(s) first vs. fix population

It's true that Trench Wars has many problems on its own and some other zones aren't as organized and this hurts gameplay. There are many problems involving gameplay (repetitive), limitations, staff, bots, graphics/maps, language issues, etc. Creativity is at a loss and this draws people away. Many good players that have contributed to the game are gone due to RL wonders. All in all, these problems are highly limited by Continuum and its servers (maybe asss will help in the future).

However, we still can fix the settings in TW in addition to fixing population. Many links mislead to the old subspace website and should be updated. Advertisement would be great, maybe not for TW (w/e, so much controverse), but for other zones that aren't able to get a good kick-start. It's too late now to go back on our steps, so let's just get this thing done.

The other thing is, other than Smong, who can make a video for TW/Subspace in general?
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

who has the subspace remix song? its basically a bunch of %# thingys put together with various ship sounds with %100 in the background.

sounded kickass
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Howabout we just lose all of the shitties first so those of us who still play CAN play while enjoying it, this will probably lead to the return of non shithead ex-players and additions to the population that doesn't consist of people who come from Gaia or Maplegay.
                  Also with a much smaller population (ie less fuckers who seem to have some backwards ass notion that this zone isn't 100% built upon the premise of basing) making much MUCH needed changes to shipsettings and the map would become RIDICULOUSLY easier and not the senselessly difficult all around complete hassle and anti-progressive aspect that it currently is.
                  sage

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku
                    The other thing is, other than Smong, who can make a video for TW/Subspace in general?
                    Someone on Teks maybe?
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

make one for Continuum In General, TW will look like a boring zone at first site, get some EG flagging in there or something, jump zone to zone mix it up, then just have TW the percentage of it
                      Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                        Someone on Teks maybe?
                        or maybe an EX pallies member? their always good with this kinda stuff.
                        TWLD Champion 2014
                        TWDTB Champion 2013
                        TWDTB Champion 2016
                        TWDTB Champion 2017
                        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          Howabout we just lose all of the shitties first so those of us who still play CAN play while enjoying it, this will probably lead to the return of non shithead ex-players and additions to the population that doesn't consist of people who come from Gaia or Maplegay.
                          Also with a much smaller population (ie less fuckers who seem to have some backwards ass notion that this zone isn't 100% built upon the premise of basing) making much MUCH needed changes to shipsettings and the map would become RIDICULOUSLY easier and not the senselessly difficult all around complete hassle and anti-progressive aspect that it currently is.
                          The result of which would leave the population of TW standing at.....1

I should have recorded a video of the game of hunt crazi hosted in #mod yesterday. If ever there was a selling point for TW that was it. Mindless fun

Kitty> true

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                            The timer needs to be in ALL the pubs...

Most important thing is timer in all the pubs, thats means whatever pub u play there is a point to it. In EG you can play any pub and the aim is the same collect 30 flags. It should be like that in TW.

do this and pub is saved
                            I agree...any Pub under the the 1st on the arena listing is useless....nothing like seeing 1/2 to 3/4 of the players in the other Pubs sitting in Spec.

If I cannot get into the 1st Pub, then you look to see what else is going on. If nothing really grabs you, then I leave. I think this happens to many players. I just do not understand the point of not having all the arenas as a timed event. There is no purpose to these arenas.

So on the flip side, you have elim....of which is fun to play unless you just entered the arena and the game just started prior to your arrival. This will then make you look for other arenas....hoping that a spot in the 1st pub opens.

I personally think that an easy fix as well as a means to generate interest in playing in the TW arena would be to make the pubs have some meaning to them. Nothing like playing a game and there is no point as to what your playing for. If all games online had this problem, there wouldn;t be online gaming.

This is an easy fix. We have the bot for pub 1, why not just do the same for all the pubs?

Wanna make the other pubs interesting? Make it a challenge to players and limit certain ships that can play. We have the No Levi rule in the 1st pub, why not have a no weasel or old weasel setting for another.

So many things that could be done, yet the point of keeping useless pubs open is not helping create any interest for someone that would be new as well as seasoned in playing TW.

Just was on to check the arena list and this was up for the pubs:

Pub 0
                            Pub 2
                            Pub 53?

Whats with the 53? hehehe
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                              I agree with Richard. We have to fix a lot of stuff before we should think of trying to draw more people. Right now we have too many javs, weasels and levis causing problems, and if we draw new people in, those are the ships they'll likely turn to. We need to start creating a basing mentality in pubs, so that even if there are other playing styles, newcomers would be encouraged to go to the base. You said it yourself in the opening post, Kim, that this zone is dying. It's not dying because of a lack of new players so much as it is because of a dropoff from players no longer wanting to play because of those problems. Without addressing these issues first, drawing new people in would just be adding to the problems.
                              i completely 100% disagree with that, there is no way we can put a basing mentality on the new comers its impossible to do this even to the newest ones. all the staffers need to do is figure out a way to solve this problem and make everyone happy not bitch about the problems. gl its impossible. maybe as more people come the answer will be more obvious to us, keeping things as they are just means a steep decline for the zone itself. 1) first save the declining population 2) ideas start to come 3) then fix the problem.
                              4:BigKing> xD
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

There is plenty that can be done but has yet to be tried. Adding more new people will not really stop the "declining population". The people that are leaving will continue to leave; the new people will just replace them. Not only that, but an influx of newbies would be yet another reason why older players might want to leave. Add to the fact that the players leaving are the ones more likely to base while new players are least likely to base, even if the total new players is larger than those leaving, the total amount of basing will decrease. That just takes an existing problem and makes it worse. You think that it would be easier to make changes once we get more new people. I think it will actually be harder because, for those new players, what they are entering is their status quo. They have nothing to compare it to so they won't see the need for improvement.

Adding more new players might stablize the numbers in the short term and thus give people the illusion that the zone doesn't have any problems that need fixing. A lot of the problems we face today are the same ones that existed when TW had its peak population. We just never addressed them because we thought things were all right. They weren't, and now we're forced to play catch-up. Adding a bunch of new players right now won't fix anything, it'll just put the problems off farther down the road yet again and we will eventually be at the same point later on. It might actually be worse down the road because we will be replacing older players with new players, but the older players would be better at making those changes.

What will happen is that we have more people playing a crap version of TW while those who want to improve it have given up and moved on.

Comment

Working...
                                X