No announcement yet.

Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really new information but an updated staff list would be nice. Which would also be updated regularly. With short descriptions about everyone and a short summary of their responsibilities (if more than just hosting/helping).

Comment

but honestly serti, how often is the tw staff list updated on trenchwars.org?
      6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
      6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
      6:Screamo> err
      6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
      1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
      1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
      1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct

(ignite)>There is a new currency on the market, the IGNITE

Comment

I'll add my two cents because this has been the discussion lately on a lot of fronts.

I think this particular board needs an overhaul entirely. Obviously, most of the threads that are closed are about a player's zone bans. The problem with that is that us forum staff have nothing to do with how zone bans are handled. And the bang ops aren't going to rush to the board to see whom to lift today. This board is nothing but a sounding board for banned players, which shouldn't be the main purpose.

So I personally would like to hear a genuine discussion on how this board could be better used.

Turning this into a TW Staff Announcements board is a good option, but then we would need to make it so that only the moderators could post topics. We'd have a ratio of 10 zone ban threads to 1 zone staff hiring, 20 zone ban threads to 1 staff promotion, and like 50 zone ban threads to 1 zone staff firing.

So that would limit player options with the board, meaning it would only be about staff announcements. And judging by usual forum etiquette, I can imagine maybe 1/3 of the replies being "congrats" and 3/4 of them being "die in a fire." Add in a bunch of 0wn3d images, and we're all set.
        DoCk>> im king of tw, i grant all twers permission to fornicate
        DoCk>> there's sucking up going on? i want in on it too :P

Comment

Originally posted by Krazie_Killer
          but honestly serti, how often is the tw staff list updated on trenchwars.org?
          to be honest, the tw staff list is updated really fast. for example, scoop and revolt being promoted had their position from <ZH> changed to <ER> the day they were promoted. so if you actually check the list.. it'll be helpful.

Comment

Site updates are bot automated (OH NOES)
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I don't want to see this turn into a staff annoucments forum where only moderators and above can post threads. I think it's important for people to have the option to discuss things about the zone and about staff unimpeded and without it deteriorating into trash.

The best we can do probably is to continue on and try to keep the topics on track and ban repeat offenders. As for the rules on staffer topics and ban/warnings the simple reason they're not allowed here is NOT so forum staff and I can be Nazis (as some of you have ?msg me for, btw fuck off) but because it dwells on the problem (being any given ZH or your current ban) and not the solution to the problem as best we can deal with it. It also always ends in trash talk no matter what we do so in the best interest of this forum and of staffer-player relations they're not for this forum. This is not opression, if you want something done about an abusive staffer or about your ban, use the email so the Super Moderator who can do something about it will.

I'm gonna see if we can start posting staffer recrutiment logs to start for information.

Comment

i think 8/17 closed threads is kinda sad
                Girl if it's alright,
                100%.

Comment

A lot of people want that so tw staff looks bad, and it does looks bad on the surface. But if you would take the time to see what almost all of those 8 are-

3. Volcs Spamming
                  1. Someone posting for Izor (currently banned).
                  1. Zerzera's racism and general annoying bullshit.
                  2. Posts about tw bans.
                  1. Vys whinning about his network ban.

And there's more.
                  You can't tell me any of these threads added some value or had some merit or at least didn't break the board rules here. It isn't enough to just blame me for all the troubles of this forum nor is it fair to blame the general population, I would suggest making a thread about the policy of not allowing this bullshit on this sub forum if you want to do something besides read my poorly writen reply.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 08-13-2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi.
                    Atleast dont give out information who has been promoted to mod and smod etc.

Those people are trying to catch cheaters and people that know who mods and smods are, easily stop cheating when a mod arrives to an arena.

And if a person is promoted to ER you dont need to put it up to forums, a person can see it on their own eyes in-game or from the stafflist at trenchwars.org
                    We let you know who has been promoted to a SMod position all the time.
                    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                      I think the only thing that should be put out to public are hirings to <ZH> entry level staff, and firings.
                      Agreed
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Kolar you act like people posting a few posts in the wrong section is really going to kill anyone. You know, if you visit the forums 4-5 times a day like I generally do, you run out of shit to read really fast, so atleast these peoples posts gives me something to read, and im sure other people feel the same way. I would say lets Merge TW Staff section with TWL section, and maybe we can have some human interaction from TW Staff during our next TWL. (haha)

But seriously why not make this an idea section, for players to post ideas to make this zone a better place, where people can login and discuss them, or flame them if they are horrible. Because TW-Staff is and always has been a useless section. Perhaps we can strike a deal with... weaver or something to log in to the forums once every few days and respond to some idea suggestions so we know that someone on staff is hearing our ideas and adknowledging them atleast, because the reason nobody cares anymore is because we don't get feedback. Why would we waste our time with ideas, if nobody important from staff is going to take the time to read it, and therefore the idea won't "truly" get heard.

But I digress, Banning a player for posting for Izor is ridiculous, you know damn well izor culd just evade and post if it was really that important, and it was about the TWL All Star game which he needed to say. I think you have been reprimanded for being a forum nazi before, looks like old habits die hard. Unless a post is utterly ridiculous and has NO VALUE WHATSOEVER don't delete it or close it. Sure sometimes izor might post something asking why he got banned on forums, but they generally evolve into conversations about where the racism policy on this zone stands, which is something im sure plenty of players are interested in hearing about since staff wont' come and tell us things.
                        Last edited by kthx; 08-16-2006, 01:56 PM. Reason: mispelled adknowledge for some reason :/
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I am at a loss to understand the logic about not posting recent bans and how it 'could start problems like promoting cheating/tking ect'. So this is the same as saying that the local newspaper or local TV news should not report information about crime because it might promote others to do the same?

Of course I understand that there could be a few kiddies who might just want to see their name posted, but surely the value outweighs the small hassle of dealing with the few immature retards. If this list is not posted, how can we ever expect squads/players to exert any kind of peer pressure to improve the cheating situation?

Comment

Originally posted by kthx
                            But seriously why not make this an idea section, for players to post ideas to make this zone a better place, where people can login and discuss them, or flame them if they are horrible.
                            That's what I want this forum to be, not some place to bitch and whine about your ban but a forum to bring real solutions to real problems. If you need to reference a ban or a warning to reinforce a point then do it but forum staff is not going to let this pointless trolling continue. It is this kind of crap that drives regular players away and I've noticed Rudy and some other Smods basicly saying fuck it most of the time because it's worthless to respond to these people.

But I digress, Banning a player for posting for Izor is ridiculous, you know damn well izor culd just evade and post if it was really that important, and it was about the TWL All Star game which he needed to say.
                            No one was banned for posting for Izor, I just told him it probably wasn't a good idea to do it while he is banned and I tried to leave the thread open for as long as I could given that it was ruined pretty quickly by the usual suspects and didn't have much value to begin with.

I think you have been reprimanded for being a forum nazi before.
                            Nope.

As for Izor he is a troll but he does rarely bring up valid questions and points. His only problem is that he shoots him self in the foot half the time with trolling. If he tones it down, his threads will not be deleted but if it continues he can expect another forum ban.

I've closed 4 threads this month. I am not alone here as a forum mod nor am I the person closing most of these threads nor do many of them contain any value whatsoever towards making this zone better. That is to my and my fellow forum moderator's desgression and is not open for debate (unless you have ideas for making the forum better but I am not going to sit here and argue about each thread I've interacted with for the next two weeks) yet I've attempted to give some feed back and reasoning behind the forum rules. Don't expect much else.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 08-16-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

The deans are okay with the staffer names being posted so it's up now as a sticky. Only moderators who are fired for whatever reason will show up.

Comment

let us know who is who. Ex. who the hell is Bams <zh>. Don't change your alias, and if yo do, post it please.
                                the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X