No announcement yet.

Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ephemeral brings up alot of good points to the advantages of making this information public. The only possible flaw with the main idea (that it will make cheating less admirable) is that it relies on the players in the zone to be mature and intelligent enough to make cheating less desirable. I honestly don't know whether we'd get 30% of the zone using the information to help deter cheating and 60% using it for bragging rights, let's hope this isn't the case. There's only one way to find out.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

Comment

I can't get over how much of a faggot you are.
      Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

Hi Volcs! Are we still friends?
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
          We should also know what kind/color of underwear the female staff members are wearing at any given time
          I normally wouldn't dare do what I'm about to do, but that quote, just made me need to.

"Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

As it stands, I really don't see the drawbacks of making the names banned cheaters, and only the names of cheaters, public.

I think it would be an invaluable tool with regards to squad capping- but maybe that's just me.
            :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Don't know if this has been said before or not (sorry, didn't read ):

Could it be possible to post the number of hosts each <ER> had hosted? I'm not talking about daily, that'd be too much of a hassle, but maybe every or every other week?

Comment

Why would you want to know that?
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Why give any information at all? I think it's stupid that staff notifies us of who is hired/axed/promoted/etc. If I want to see who is promoted to <ER>, I'll see it in-game or whenever someone feels like updating trenchwars.org. I don't think anyone should know who the moderators are for the sake of cheating. Granted, people (especially on these boards) do commonly know who are mods but why facilitate that?

I think staff's old policy of not saying anything is the best way to go. Sure somebody had some theoretical argument about transparency of staff being beneficial for the community but it's bullshit. It's a goddamn internet game so why waste time telling people like us who either A.) don't care or B.) will abuse the information?

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                    It's a goddamn internet game so why waste time telling people like us who either A.) don't care or B.) will abuse the information?
                    why even play when all you do is try to get a flag keep it and try to win and then when you go to sleep, what did I do today? and the answers is.; nothing, why waste time posting in this forum when it's just a waste of time because someone will reply on it and maybe a small discussion will start or nobody will reply you..

why...
                    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Bannings should maded public and the reason why.
                      Kyace <ER>> I could use a good laugh, go ahead cheat and pretend to be dumb.

1:lemar> still gonna flame bc 247

Galleleo> where is all this lag coming from?
                      dL.Chao> Gall
                      Fairlights> ur anus?
                      dL.Chao> Stop whining
                      dL.Chao> You lost because you suck

(RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by BrItIsH:
                      (RoboHelp)>I don't want to know your name, I just want.. Bang bang bang!
                      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :BrItIsH:<Message>.

Comment

Well too bad. There's still no justifiable reason to disclose them however much you argue the case.

Comment

owned :sorcerer:
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                          4:Geio> DEEZ?
                          4:Geio> LOLOL
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                          4:spirit> LOL
                          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp View Post
                            Don't know if this has been said before or not (sorry, didn't read ):

Could it be possible to post the number of hosts each <ER> had hosted? I'm not talking about daily, that'd be too much of a hassle, but maybe every or every other week?
                            Cleared this with people, so this isnt spur of the moment:

Left <ER>: 184
                            Chao <ER>: 165
                            Flibb <ER>: 59
                            Aqua <ER>: 43
                            Acumo <ER>: 23

That's the breakdown of the top 5 so far this month.
                            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                            MegamanEXE> Chao
                            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                            (Sefarius)> ....
                            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                            MegamanEXE> You are sick
                            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Please also put up a list of Lifted Bans and the names of staffers that wrongly ban people and eventually lift the bans of their innocent victims.

Comment

No, this would be the job of the PR smod to address the public on where the technicality that was overlooked so that we do not repeat that mistake over. If the staff member who banned the player had other aims (abusing power because they are biased), that is the job of the deans to review their position.
                                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                                X