zone banning rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Facetious
    Ha, that's what I was wondering. You really have no interest in eliminating racism in TW, you just want to be on your soapbox. Obviously, people who get a huge kick out of saying racial slurs online are immature, stupid, or something else is wrong with them. To someone with any level of intelligence, racial slurs in and of themselves have no comedic value. However, if you think criticizing grammar and being a jerk to these people is going to show them that they're wrong, you really have a few synapses misfiring. If you're only willing to discuss racism with people that meet your grammar standards, you're really not going to end up discussing it with very many racists. So what's the point?

edit: Also, while I don't think at this point it justifies white people using the word, I think there is a large percentage of black people in this day in age that differentiate between "black people" and "******s." The definition of the term IS slowly shifting.
    I'm not only willing to discuss racism with people with proper grammar. It's just easier to discuss when you can comprehend what the other person is saying. Also, I do not mind being a jerk to racists. Like I said before: they deserve what they have coming at them. Even though the definition of the term is shifting, it is not a justification to use the word. Otherwise, we would hear it on television in music videos and such, where the word is not meant to be racist. In my eyes, it is classified as a racist word. Once a racist word, always a racist word.

For the record, I could care less what you think of my opinions. I just wanted to have a discussion, but accusing me being on my "soapbox" is unfounded. While I obviously want to eliminate racism from TW, its clear that it's nearly impossible. As I always say, though, "if you're not fighting against it, you're letting it win."
    1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
    1: oar> yeah
    1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
    1: hed> and after dinner
    1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
    7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
    3: Nimesh> my sis does
    3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

I don't think what's allowed or not allowed on television (where an accidental nipple is the hugest deal in the entire world while 4-hour erections are mentioned constantly and nobody cares) really represents anything. If I'm not mistaken, black people are now allowed to say the word on TV anyway. The reason I said that you were on a soapbox is that you said (paraphrased) "if my pompous attitude makes racism seem more cool, so be it." That, to me, means that you have no interest in talking to racists in a way that they will relate to, you're just as happy being entirely ignored.

I think the way you're attacking this problem is never going to fix anything, and, in fact, it will make the problem slightly worse. If you disagree, fine, but I don't think you'll find yourself ever changing anyone's mind. For the record, "jerk" was a word I used to be nice, I really meant "pretentious douchebag." Being a jerk punishes the person you are talking to, being a pretentious douchebag gets you laughed at no matter how valid your opinion.

edit: By the way, I'd never have brought this up if it weren't for this quote:
      "Please use punctuation next time, as your thought was a run-on sentence and very difficult for me to read. If we're going to discuss an important issue, why not do so rationally?"
      Seriously, read that and tell me anyone that's not a complete condescending prick could ever have written that about a post that was not in any way hard to understand.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by IKM
        As I always say, though, "if you're not fighting against it, you're letting it win."
        I wasnt going to reply to you because you're a fucking idiot, but this really isnt true. Ask Rudy about how he handled cheating. Basically either slam down hard on people and then they'll just evade and do it again, or ignore the problem and once the novelty wears off it starts to go away. Since the vast majority of people arent really racist at all, thats what the case would be. They'd do it to be 'rebellious' at first but then the behavior would start to fade
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by MousE
          Let me just say to start this off i realize this zone has a 0 tollerance policy for racism and this is fine but recently i had a completely bullshit ban for it.... There are huge problems on how this is dealt with tho...

heres what happened to me
          so late at night 2am est im just in an empty twjd3 arena with some afkers talking to friends and shit when i accidently miss squad chat and i put a N$# fill in the blanks into regular chat... without warning I am immediately banned... I then talk to asmodeus who says he cant help me at all and there is noone that can help me even tho he sympathises with my situation... Apparently i had 2 warnings from A LONG time ago 1 when i first entered the zone and 1 i know was when i was alone in a dueling arena witha squady and it slipt out didn't realize i couldn't talk freely with just 2 ppl in an arena lol. Its not lke im some random guy and i dont go around breaking rules in the zone how can warnings be kept for such a long period of time? EVENTUALLY every1 will get banned for slip ups unless ur perfect...

I've played this zone for a year and 2 warnings in a year imo doesn't constitute an instant ban especially when the context of my message was a joke to a squady that was meant for my own squad chat (btw his name was in the message i mistyped). Thankfully rudy unbanned me but it took 2 days which i could have been playing twd with my team.... Imo these rules need fixing so ops cant just ban some1 and that person is pretty much helpless for a couple days... You cant even talk to the op who banned u cuz they dont leave a name lol. I know this isn't the first time this has happened but eithr change the rules or have the ops use some common sense if some1 says something in an empty arena it shouldn't be banable thats just rediculous in my opinion :P a warning should always be given first and if that player continues the abuse they should be banned... Not omg he typed a racist word 4 months ago i'll ban him now for breaking the rule again...

If you dont use racism in any of your chats then no, you wont eventually "slip up". I think your implying that you deserved leniency to the rule because you've been playing a little longer or, your not some "random guy," which is pretty ridiculous. It doesn't really matter whether it was a joke or not, if the context and/or word collectively construe racism then its a warning or ban. As far as I know our banning procedure isn't public information so I cant give details but I will say that we dont immediately ban someone for breaking the rules without specific prior warnings.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

i mean i'm not a random guy because obviously i'm noit a rule breaker i dont go around screaming racism under a smurf name is what i'm getting at :P... and prior warnings from months before is silly

Comment

Or, you could just remove the word from your vocabulary.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                I wasnt going to reply to you because you're a fucking idiot, but this really isnt true. Ask Rudy about how he handled cheating. Basically either slam down hard on people and then they'll just evade and do it again, or ignore the problem and once the novelty wears off it starts to go away. Since the vast majority of people arent really racist at all, thats what the case would be. They'd do it to be 'rebellious' at first but then the behavior would start to fade
                I disagree with you. Step outside of the game and you'll notice that people don't cheat to have fun, but cheat to get ahead. If you suspend/expell someone for cheating while they're trying to get into college, you'll see how fast they'll regret what they did. And you really don't need to resort to cussing and calling me an idiot. Until now I didn't feel like criticisizing the fact that you're probably twice my age and are working at a convenience store- but look who's doing better in life! Didn't want to bring it up, but you personally attacked me and not my views.

Facetious: The reason I said the "so be it" line is that I was making the point that I can't change someone's opinion who is still stuck on the fact that I'm dorky for fighting against racism.

Also, that is the second time you have quoted the same line that I used condescendingly with Izor. Is your argument really wearing that thin? Notice how after I asked Izor to type better, he did, and I'm not complaining about that anymore? Get your head out of your ass and say something relevant to the topic. I only said that because I was having trouble reading his thoughts, and quite frankly, I did not care if I appeared as a DB. And we both know there's not too much I can do on these forums to eliminate racism in TW, so I'm talking about the institution of racism as a whole. Thus, I don't care if I offend you personally, because I know that, no matter what I say, you're going to continue bringing up unrelated subjects to try to belittle my truthful argument. I came here solely to discuss racism, and I could care less whether or not the rest of the TW community agrees with me. .?find oar in the game, and then tell me to my face I have some motivation for preaching to some of you idiots.

Comment

LOL I didnt change the way I type one bit. Look at my posts if it matters to you that much dipshit.

Also while mouse does deserve this ban, I've been warned before for saying 'all right im out of here, night' and coming up 2 letters short. So yes context is important, but if youre being racist on a chat make sure its on a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple
                    i think all the bots are coded with some racist words, and it only sends that 'player name said a racist word' to the staff chat...not the sentence the word was used in...if so, that should be changed
                    It does send the context so "YOU FUCKING NI6!!!!" is handled a bit differently than "I am dating a Jewish girl"
                    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                      LOL I didnt change the way I type one bit. Look at my posts if it matters to you that much dipshit.

Also while mouse does deserve this ban, I've been warned before for saying 'all right im out of here, night' and coming up 2 letters short. So yes context is important, but if youre being racist on a chat make sure its on a chat
                      You clearly used capitalized letters and punctuation on your previous post, unlike the others. So don't even lie, it's all visible to everyone, not that its too relevant. And if you really forgot do put the "ht" at the end of the word, you deserve a warning, dipshit.
                      .?Go to school and learn how to spell.

Wait, maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Let me put it in a form that you might understand:

LOL u dipshit u deserve that warning cuz u cant spell

Comment

I got banned once for asking if staff thought bam was hotter then ashlee, also no warning.
                        1:abbot> i think i played well
                        1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                        1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                        7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                        7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                        7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                        oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                        oar> but its ok

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                          Or, you could just remove the word from your vocabulary.
                          Agreed, people who call their friends ni* should grow up, makes you sound like a 12 year old mouse. I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by IKM
                            Facetious: The reason I said the "so be it" line is that I was making the point that I can't change someone's opinion who is still stuck on the fact that I'm dorky for fighting against racism.

Also, that is the second time you have quoted the same line that I used condescendingly with Izor. Is your argument really wearing that thin? Notice how after I asked Izor to type better, he did, and I'm not complaining about that anymore? Get your head out of your ass and say something relevant to the topic. I only said that because I was having trouble reading his thoughts, and quite frankly, I did not care if I appeared as a DB. And we both know there's not too much I can do on these forums to eliminate racism in TW, so I'm talking about the institution of racism as a whole. Thus, I don't care if I offend you personally, because I know that, no matter what I say, you're going to continue bringing up unrelated subjects to try to belittle my truthful argument. I came here solely to discuss racism, and I could care less whether or not the rest of the TW community agrees with me. .?find oar in the game, and then tell me to my face I have some motivation for preaching to some of you idiots.
                            Interestingly enough, your last post to Izor is along the lines of a way you could talk to a TW racist that would make them listen to you. I agree with what you're saying about racism in general, my point was that if you act like a stuck-up douche, nobody is going to listen to you. If you don't care about being listened to, you are preaching for the sake of preaching, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but you shouldn't pretend you are a part of some useful crusade against racism. I posted that quote again because I wanted you to read it again and stop defending the idiotic way you were talking, since that is all I was talking about in the first place.

I just reiterated everything I said before because I feel like everything I've already said is a legitimate counterpoint to the post above, and I wanted to deny you the satisfaction you would feel if I just said "forget it." There's no point in discussing this any further, in game or on the forums. Be pompous and be ignored, or find a better way of expressing yourself and maybe do something about racism. The end.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Why does this kid think I dont capitalize or punctuate? Look at my other posts ffs

Comment

It sounds to me like he got you and MousE mixed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X