a TWLB dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a TWLB dream

I have a dream, a basing league where squads use more than just 3 ships.
    Basing isn't just about sharks that can repel for their spiders and terriers
    that can hide behind the thugs. Basing is about the diversity of each of the
    8 ships in Trench Wars. Each ship has it's function, weakness and strength.
    So why not use them?

Wouldn't it be interesting and FUN to learn new tricks as a TEAM and make new
    roles in the lineup? I personally am tired of 5 spiders shooting at each other,
    killing as much as you can and repeating the same thing again and again.

In my opinion TWLB needs something new, more competitive squads, no more
    15:00 - 00:42 games. My proposal is that TWLB would have a 4 spider limit and
    the 8th ship could be a warbird, a javelin or a lancaster.

Random events, lag, strays, ignored reps and luck are part of the basing,
    EVEN on "professional" level. That's the reason we got interested in this
    game, a chance for a lucky win. But I'm not saying that if TWLB had a spider
    limit the squad with better luck would win, no, it would be the squad that
    has more versatile talent. More key players that can deliver, not just the
    mob that hides behind the sharks and corners.

Am I wrong?
    Ara / AraGee / Death
    SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
    SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
    TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
    ----------------------------------------------

9v9 and 2 special ships forced.

Comment

That's interesting, why 9? Wouldn't it make it impossible for the terrier to live
      longer than a few minutes? Send your comments in, you might influence the
      next TWL.
      Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

Im 100% with you. I find it boring to have always 5 spids.. and then captains are afraid of using jav or wb just because they think they get overspidered. That's bs.. good wb/jav/lanc is way better than spid. I'm up for 4 spider limit.
        Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
        Mirror <ZH> this sucks
        Server> dont worry mirror
        Server> shark fits your tits
        Peace <ZH>> shut up
        Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
        Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
        1:Hercules> im level 90
        1:Hercules> in 9d
        1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
        1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

This has been said way too many times.... meaning, this should have been done the FIRST TIME IT WAS SUGGESTED.

Comment

I think we had the discussion of limiting the spiders to a maximum of 4 before, and people voted that it should stick the same boring way by allowing 5 spiders, but maybe we're lucky this time and they will limit it to 4 for a change after hearing your heart warming idea. B)
            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

I like the way you write your poems Ara

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                That's interesting, why 9? Wouldn't it make it impossible for the terrier to live
                longer than a few minutes? Send your comments in, you might influence the
                next TWL.
                Well if it's 8v8 noone will use more than 1 special, and it's is either jav or wb and pretty much all jav games are similar to each other (similarity = boring) and if it's wb it's not much of a difference anyway. But if you have 2 specials you have versatility, dual wb/jav or one both. Also spiders would stay as main ship and the core of the team, but specials would really make difference now.

Comment

Yes, I know the polls said no, but things change and maybe we didn't talk
                  about this enough last time. Now is the time.
                  Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                    Well if it's 8v8 noone will use more than 1 special, and it's is either jav or wb and pretty much all jav games are similar to each other (similarity = boring) and if it's wb it's not much of a difference anyway. But if you have 2 specials you have versatility, dual wb/jav or one both. Also spiders would stay as main ship and the core of the team, but specials would really make difference now.
                    In my opinion, a wb like Fire Phoenix or Kuukunen, for example, could beat any
                    opposing javelin in terrier kills. But wouldn't that be interesting to see which
                    would be a better choice, a wb, lanc or a jav as 8th?
                    Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

opposing javelin in terrier kills. But wouldn't that be interesting to see which
                      would be a better choice, a wb, lanc or a jav as 8th?
                      Sure good jav/wb makes difference now already, but as a shark I think it's just one thing to make my life harder But if 2 specials and 9th ship were forced it would change the business, possibly to worse way but thats why testing exist. Also if you have 2 specials lag wouldnt be so big issue because they would propably success on their goal (killing terr, breaking cram etc) sooner or later anyway, but if only one special is in game lag would be quite big part. 1 lagged wb bullet kills your terr and they get cram and hold it, but if you have 2 specials, you have bigger chance to break the cram (or maybe even line) and that 1 lagged bullet would lose it's value.

Comment

opposing javelin in terrier kills.

I'd take you up on that bet any day.

I've been trying to promote any kind of change in my own squad for ages now, but come to win/lose, people always want to win and with least risk possible, which in itself is 5 spid strat.
                        And when they do play special ship, everyone just stands back and waits for the spec to pull the magic tricks out of his ass. You need people that understand tactics which put the special ships to best use - very few of those people atm, and those that are around (ie my squad) generally, they'd rather win dirty than win with style.

One way would be 4 spid limit, but...I don't believe in forcing squads to play strat they're not good at, so I guess, you'll just have to wait for adventerous people, or make squad with me.
                        Originally posted by Disliked
                        However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                        when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

If you have a jav/wb I think there would be more scores like 15:00 - 0:52 because one jav/wb would most likely be better than the other, or the sharks would be more useful, therefore one team would dominate the other. It's not like you can't have a jav/wb now anyways. The lanc is not much of a difference from spider except that it can only shoot twice and be emped and that the bullets are more powerful. I think keep it the way it is and if the caps of a squad want a jav/wb/lanc/specialship then they should have at it.
                          (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
                          (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
                          2:Everett> good

Comment

If you are in flagroom fighting, the team with more spiders wins. And team with
                            better spiders dominate the match already. If we would set this rule for everyone
                            it wouldn't be so.. Isn't it part of the human nature to want to learn new
                            things?
                            Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

allow the levi in twbd. It would change tactics entirly.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                              X