No announcement yet.

a TWLB dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe in some things, not like school or anything and I don't need to learn to jav/wb in fr battle during TWLB
    (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
    (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
    2:Everett> good

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
      allow the levi in twbd. It would change tactics entirly.
      You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
      Ara / AraGee / Death
      SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
      SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
      TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
      ----------------------------------------------

Comment

re

you guys aren't forced to use 5 spiders, if you dont want to use it dont use 5 spiders, but allow those who do to use 5 spiders. You guys are acting as if ur FORCED TO USE 5 spiders, ur not, and stop making it seem so.
        TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
        TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
        KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
        1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
        1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

if by "forced" you mean giving yourself the best advantage to win a game, then yeah a whole lotta forcing is going on
          Reinstate Sarien
          ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

I feel that, though it is does not lead to the best possible results, the 8v8, no spid limit is the best. It lets the good squads show off their skill, and yes, crush the opposision.
            1:abbot> i think i played well
            1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
            1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
            7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
            oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
            oar> but its ok

Comment

it seems like every year the people who always LOSE want to make a 4 spider limit. Like eelam said if u wanna go 4spid limit for your team go for it, make someone a jav or wb but dont make others change cause u cant seem to find a way to win.
              the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                Random events, lag, strays, ignored reps and luck are part of the basing,
                EVEN on "professional" level. That's the reason we got interested in this
                game, a chance for a lucky win. But I'm not saying that if TWLB had a spider
                limit the squad with better luck would win, no, it would be the squad that
                has more versatile talent. More key players that can deliver, not just the
                mob that hides behind the sharks and corners.
                I am just about sick of the lag/randomness shit. Random green prizes, shrap directions are meant to be there, whether they are good or not. The problem is when people have a bit of a difference in lag, and they see something happen on the screen that is completely different than someone else. It just makes the game a luck fest. Say I throw a bomb at a group of enemy players in the corner of the flagroom. Someone could do a repel that just barely catches the bomb. More often than not, half of the players will see the bomb being repelled, while the other half will not, and so only half of the players would die. It is random shit like this that ruins the game, and I don't see how it will ever be fixed. The game will never be strictly about skill. A BD game is probably 25%-50% luck/randomness as it is.

Another aspect involving lag is the rocket+repel thing. This is a broken aspect of the game; it allows the ship to go faster than the maximum speed setting in the arena's .cfg. It is just so fast that unless every player has almost exactly the same ping, even if you repel it, the 20ms difference between one player and the next will be the difference between them dying or seeing the bomb repelled on their screen. There is no way that a player should be able to shoot a projectile fast enough that 20ms determines whether you die or not. If you really want to look elite, get yourself a nice 150+ ms ping and shoot the rocketed bombs. Whether or not you are good doesn't matter; the difference in lag between you and the other players will do the work for you and you'll at least get 1-2 kills regardless of if someone repelled it or not.

All in all I'm pretty sick of it. Too bad TWBD will never be close to being totally about skill. Shark/jav bombs/mines being removed would fix a lot of this problem.
                sdg

Comment

re

stab, the problem your talking about has to do with lag, and well that is part of the game. We aren't a rich community, we cant buy servers for every country. I know what your talking about and it is annoying as hell sometimes but it donest have that much effect on gameplay.
                  TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                  TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                  KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                  1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                  1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Stabwound, how about making the rocketing time shorter for javs? That can
                    be possible aswell. This problem was brought up by Pure_Luck earlier today.
                    Ara / AraGee / Death
                    SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                    SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                    TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                    ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Incorporate LT into basing :rolleyes;
                      1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

FUCK 5 spiders, it is INCREDIBLY boring. And still people want to have 5 spiders in ?go base in order to win.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Anyone ever think about how cool a 15v15 'pub league' would be? Picture Diso vs Spastic with all ships available, playing the current 3min flag game for say... best of 7 rounds? Would be interesting

Comment

let's try 9vs9 with forcing 1 special ship, might be cool
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

lol dammit Ara

Thought you were proposing that since we have 8 ships, we should use all 8 for a full basing team. I would've supported =)
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think it's worth a shot.
                                DELETED

Comment

Working...
                                X