No announcement yet.

How to fix the zone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I dont make one big squad like Anti-Scrub? because competitive players like to play and be associated with a competitive squad. What ruins good squads to me is a few non-good players in it.
    Only the loyal count.

Comment

Nethila, I don't understand what you are getting at, nobody here is really saying "omfg staff sucks" I brought up several good points, people are discussing them, so that means you and staff will pay attention right Daa? As for CE yes it was terrible for the game, but how many people actually got banned for it I mean 5-10 tops in TW, the only way CE truly affects the playerbase is when someone sees someone use it and they lose game because of it, which takes the fun out of the game for people. But, aside from a few idiots lately it seems to have faded from the tongues of the populace and hopefully will stay that way. And the reason most people complain about "new staffers" even though I generally give them a chance to prove themselves before I complain about them is for legitimate reasons. People want to see people in positions above them that have been playing the game for as long as they have if not more, have knowledge of the game and so forth. Like I used to get angry when newer staffers that were known basers came to a TWDD game to look at a cheater call about a person. How could that person really have the experience needed to judge if someone was too laggy, because it takes the visual aspect along with the *lag and *tinfo to see some things.

Sumpson, I never said "I don't care" if you were talking to me when you said that, and pressing enter = ... paragraphs? Sorry the english you use is sorta hard to understand at times. What I said makes sense, re-read it a few times.

Pascone, maybe you are right, I don't get to see the numbers like I used to, and the only time I use ?help is when I ask for hockey to be hosted, and that doesn't really require an answer. I have heard people from other zones that came to TW to play though, and alot of them dislike getting the automated help calls. We should be making sure these people like the zone enough to play when their zones eventually die out, not giving them reasons to dislike it what I am trying to say.

On a side note, there should be more.. widespread recruitment, there are alot of basing staffers, and I think that both javs and warbirds should have almost equal power to control what becomes of their leagues in this zone, and without javs/warbirds there to represent their ship, things might change in a way that would upset certain groups of people within TW.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam View Post
        But will overhauling staff regulations and staff itself really fix the zone completely? I feel like the issues are more deep-rooted with the aging player base and lack of new material.
        Ding ding ding. There isn't going to just be one way to fix the zone, and to be honest there's not alot you can do to bring in a huge population.

Neth and PJ are spot on, the game is losing it's player base due to people finding better things to do, better games to play. Although it would be easy to just blame staff, there isn't alot more they can do to bring in new people. Hosting elim or zombies x amount of more times a day isn't going to bring new people in or get people hooked, the most effect it will have is on the people already playing, veterans or not.

The game is showing it's age, look at the few zones left that are still active; DSB, Extreme Games, TW and maybe a couple more. If you want to fix settings or whatever to freshen up the game to vets or whatever, that's fine- just don't delude yourself into thinking that the zone can be brought back up to high numbers daily for years to come.
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

do you guys have any idea how much time it takes to host 200+ events in a month. id have to say a good bit of <ER>'s are meeting and or surpassing their quota.
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by kthx
            I think it should be staff based mainly because there are plenty of members of staff who have years of experience in their respective ships, also with running squads, and the fact that being able to run one of these squads would be something that would raise the respect level of staff among the newer generation, which will be a problem with the way most of talk about it.
            Well yes staff would be a good public for this goal, but I don't see why it needs to be limited to staff, neither do I see why staff will do it.

It will also promote staff for people who actually want to help do this, IE bring a few extra good staffers who actually want to help to staff to help run one of these squads.
            It wouldn't just be to help new players get better with TWD although that would be a big part of it, it would also be to start getting respect for staff up, so one day older players won't be so embarassed to be on staff "with a bunch of newbies".
            Staff members as captains would indeed get to know much players, get to know their attitude and get to know if they would be good recruitments for staff.

I know what you mean when you say that being in the game helps them out, but I don't particularly feel that way honestly. You could get captaincy in ?go base and pick them to show them what you mean from what you tell them in about the same way.
            Yes you can, but in theory this doesn't really happen. However, watching BD's does happen, being able to play in this would help allot.

Lastly before you jump in on the Quicksand is evil bandwagon, I have already volunteered QS this season to recruit 2-3 players who have a chance of being good and teaching them how to play and team, and if one of them shows exceptional skill at picking out certain things, maybe teach them how to captain a squad well. Hopefully this answers all the questions you have.
            Nice, hope it works, and yes, I dont have much respect for Quicksand. (because they use "ez" all the time it looks like they started a couple days ago)
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

IMO staff does not treat people they don't know fairly. There are many players who have played this game for only a year or so and are willing to help out the zone in many ways, but instead these <ZH> positions are given to people on Sk8 and Disoblige because staff feels that they will be better at helping the zone due to the fact that they are more vet, which is so damn false its sad. The past like 15 recruits to <ZH> have been horrid and pretty much suck ass at helping this zone. Then you got the <ER>'s. You have pretty much 6 <ER>'s who actually host, and you can exclude like 5 of em because they suck at it, for example:

3:00pm GO HOCKEY ITS FUN .?go hockey - Barton
              3:42pm WANNA PLAY A SICK GAME? .?go hockey - Barton
              4:10pm LOL k time to play a new game, JK, .?go hockey -Barton
              4:33pm Ok for real something new, lets do zombies, IN HOCKEY!!! - Barton

Now adays EVERYTHING is fucking zombies, n00b hockey, balance, or fucking zombies in balance.

Staff is lazy and are drunk with power

afk

And btw fucking put wark back to <ER>
              1:abbot> i think i played well
              1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
              1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
              7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
              oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
              oar> but its ok

Comment

i don't really know why there's a lot of complaining about games being hosted. there's a lot being hosted. compared to previous months, some people alone did more than the top 5 of other months... so maybe there could be more hosted events but there are a lot
                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

wark, my post was not directed at you, but at those with one line reply of "omg staff suck" not in just this thread, but many other ones as well. I like your 1st post, and that's one of those posts staffs will gladly read and consider and work on. But don't hope everything mentioned in your post will be worked on, no one is perfect.

It's true that players want to see their staffs as someone they trust, or played longer than they have been (or least the same amount of time). But the thing is, just because the newer staffs' names aren't recognized by some of these so called 'vets', doesn't mean they haven't played for a while. TW's population is too big for everyone to know everyone. Funny thing is, some of the new (or returned) staffs have played far longer than these so called 'vets'. You don't have to be well-known by player base to understand what is going on and have the knowledge to help.

As for CE, I agree with you, CE has also made a few people quit because they don't want to deal with people that cheats. But you'd be surprised to see how many people have a 1-year or lifetime ban on them. Far more than 10. Given, half of them might be evading and playing TW as we speak.
                  1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Well I just assumed that it was directed at me, but my bad I suppose, not like I said anything offending though. It just seems like there haven't been that many people banned for that kinda stuff because I only pay attention to the names that are known that are banned, nobody gossips about XXXpubberXXX getting banned for not dying in a pub. When I think CE, I think Mythril, Vys and when I think lag cheating I think Israeli f-15.

I understand that people quit this zone for more reasons then staff, obviously so with todays jump in technology, graphics, and play/replayability but obviously the people who play this game don't really see that the way the normal gamer would or else they would have quit back when the game started getting outdated, back in 1998 or so. But we saw a rise in playerbase between 1998-2004 I would say (guestimate). So obviously there are reasons that people play this game that we would work to improve to keep people who are interested in the chatting program, and the style of games that we play, interested in the game itself. I think if you talk to most people they would all agree that no matter how many times they quit or stopped playing, continuum became a staple game for them.

And Sumpson maybe some non staffers could get into it, I was more against actually being able to play for two squads then staff-only. If people started playing for two squads, no matter if it was for the good of the game, it would cause tons of "well Xplayer can doublesquad so why can't I" situations, and that is the last thing we need I would say. As for you not respecting Quicksand, that is what the squad stands for. People want to outplay us, get better, and other things because we talk shit, and play well. Believe it or not, Shit Talking from QS increases competition, the zone -would not- be better off with everybody being friendly to one another. This game, once you know what to do in every situation, becomes mental, and if people get angry at me for shit talking, and decide to hunt me in a dd, rushing to their death 4-5 times, well then so be it. Sometimes things aren't what they seem.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                      Why I dont make one big squad like Anti-Scrub? because competitive players like to play and be associated with a competitive squad. What ruins good squads to me is a few non-good players in it.
                      Penetrate has a 1256 TWBD Rating. Only slightly lower than BasingCrew's 1283. Not bad for a squad that incorporates training into the squad as a whole, instead of putting them on another squad and bossing them around.
                      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

You know how to fix this zone? Get past all of this pettiness first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                          I forgot to mention, QCrew has only played 13 BD's and hasn't played one since September 16th. Penetrate has played 191 BD's and played one.. hmm.. today. Which is the better and more successful method of training? I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

lol voth, you sound very convincing

in case anyone cares about voths input on the topic:
                            Code:
                            :voth:dont get stupid on forums to me please
                            (voth)>hi
                            :voth:hello
                            :voth:out of your first reply I see you care about TWD ranking
                            :voth:out of your second post, you are saying Penetrate is a training squad
                            (voth)>why are you pming me, say it there, make a fool of yourself in publixc
                            :voth:I thougt penetrate was just another basing squad which tries to get the good players and to be active recruits less good player
                            :voth:you are the one being a fool on the forum, dont want everyone to read a foolish conversation this is just so you know why your being a moron
                            (voth)>the caps tell me its a training squad
                            :voth:I didnt even know
                            :voth:that says pretty much
                            (voth)>the good players they have r used to train the noobs
                            :voth:very nice they found good players to train noobs within a squad, not many good players will like that, and probably many of the good penetrate members will leave for better squads once they are tired of it
                            (voth)>i dont think so
                            :voth:anyway, with the idea i set up people will like to play with noobs more often, and try to get them to competitive level, penetrate is 1 squad, all good squads could have a training squad and I think many will if it means they can get to play
                            :voth:more
                            :voth:whats your alias on penetrate btw?
                            (voth)>I'm not on Penetrate
                            :voth:oh then its just about you trying to make an idiot out of me in a bad way?
                            (voth)>it's giving props to penetrate and making you look like an idiot
                            (voth)>because i dont agree with stuff you say
                            :voth:try comming with better arguments and perhaps you will succeed
                            (voth)>ok, ill work on that
                            (voth)>just for you
                            (voth)>have a good one
                            :voth:thank you, only come back with better arguments I dont want to have to reply too easily
                            (voth)>ok 
                            (voth)>ill make sure
                            :voth:good
                            (voth)>sadface :< afk
                            :voth:cute
                            Last edited by Sumpson; 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM.
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

Troll King gets my vote, seriously.
                              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                              -Buddha

Comment

Thank you for posting my input on this topic! It saved me a lot of time and energy! What a pal!

Last edited by Voth; 11-11-2006, 12:11 AM.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X