No announcement yet.

How to fix the zone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But will overhauling staff regulations and staff itself really fix the zone completely? I feel like the issues are more deep-rooted with the aging player base and lack of new material.
    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

i rarely post on forums, but my take

maybe im mistaken (and im exaggerating a little) but it just feels like now days 1/2 of tw population is staff lol.

dont get me wrong, the new staffers like left eye, scoop and the others host a lot and its great because i mostly come on tw to pub with friends or for hosted events now days...

plus, maybe for the new ppl staff should really be required to wear a <ER> or <ZH> when practicing staff (i know that will not be popular) as it would probably hold up a level of professionalism.

dont get me wrong though i dont care if my friends that are staff have that tag or not, in fact i prefer not, but if i was new it might be more helpful/professional.

im not friends with pure luck but i think staff is being run poorly. there is just no real tangible feeling of a chain of command aside from everyone promoting their friends etc..

how about we have real talent in the top positions, not just friends or hot girls etc lol.

anyway who am i to tell you how to run your zone, i didnt create it. in fact im newer than most of you (2002 i started playing or something).

most aspects are great though, and staff really is better than most zones anyway. just pointing out some idividual stuff.

as far as the lting goes, i love the current lev's settings. but if it is hurting tw population, as a avid lt'er, i would fully support a change.

but just be sure that it is lt'ing thats hurting the pubs and not something else.

-boobs

Comment

But will overhauling staff regulations and staff itself really fix the zone completely? I feel like the issues are more deep-rooted with the aging player base and lack of new material.

No, unfortunately you are right, but it would sure help some, and that is about the best we can hope for.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by maddack View Post
          How to fix zone? Make Fusha Event Referee!
          No more homosexual ERs please.
          1:Ease> i probably am gay
          1:Ease> i just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Doc Flabby, I don't appreciate you spewing out bullshit statistics. Last month I had 65 adverts. Left_eye had nearly 200 more than me. But guess what? We -both- exceeded the quota. ERs out there are doing their part, and you can't ignore their contributions just because they aren't breaking away from the rest of the pack like Left and Chao.

Comment

quite frankly i havent een you guys do shit
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                quite frankly i havent een you guys do shit
                when was the last time you logged on?
                Last edited by Nethila; 11-10-2006, 07:06 PM.
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                  Sure you want all staff to bring new comptitive players by setting up squads for them and helping them etc.. why would they do this? what makes them do this?
                  well they aint now, just telling them to do so wont work.

why restrict it to staff running sister-squads or something? If the captain sucks at coaching/leading, the squad wont last long.

It's hard to coach and teach a team when you can't be a part of it, it is what I have experienced from Quirion.

There have been many times I would have liked to help them by playing allong with them, and this way it would make it much more interesting for people to join squads like Quirion too.

You are right, BDing for them doesn't help, BD(DD/JD)ing with them does help.

If quicksand will start up a squad to feel like controlling and making fun of newbies, I don't think many will join that squad.

I believe by implementing this idea it will be much more interesting to get new competitive players trough a training-squad.

EDIT:

just noticed your post darkmoor, you have a good point, it should not be complicated, especially not since those cadet squads recruit mainly newer players.
                  On the twd website it should be clearly stated the the squad is a cadet squad, and what a cadet squad means.
                  "training squad of "%squadname", "%squadname" members are able to help in TWD matches"
                  your whole shtick is that you want to help, but you still want a competitive squad to fall back on. just intertwine the two, you douchebag.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                    when was the last time you logged on?
                    Maybe thats why he hasn't seen you guys do shit.
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      I think it should be staff based mainly because there are plenty of members of staff who have years of experience in their respective ships, also with running squads, and the fact that being able to run one of these squads would be something that would raise the respect level of staff among the newer generation, which will be a problem with the way most of talk about it.

It will also promote staff for people who actually want to help do this, IE bring a few extra good staffers who actually want to help to staff to help run one of these squads. It wouldn't just be to help new players get better with TWD although that would be a big part of it, it would also be to start getting respect for staff up, so one day older players won't be so embarassed to be on staff "with a bunch of newbies". I know what you mean when you say that being in the game helps them out, but I don't particularly feel that way honestly. You could get captaincy in ?go base and pick them to show them what you mean from what you tell them in about the same way. Lastly before you jump in on the Quicksand is evil bandwagon, I have already volunteered QS this season to recruit 2-3 players who have a chance of being good and teaching them how to play and team, and if one of them shows exceptional skill at picking out certain things, maybe teach them how to captain a squad well. Hopefully this answers all the questions you have.
                      Bah, try using enters, makes it easier to read and understand, what your saying doesn't make very much sense to me no enters dont help with that.
                      Don't reply with "I don't care" if you are trying to get a point across you want to get it clear, else it wont work.
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                        your whole shtick is that you want to help, but you still want a competitive squad to fall back on. just intertwine the two, you douchebag.
                        Just wanted to quote that to give people another chance to see it.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

i find it hilarious how some people blame the drop of population 100% on staff. Since the introduction of WoW and GuildWars, along with other small free mmorpg, the population of TW (and continuum) itself is a on a steady decline. Along came xbox360, soon, wii and ps3, will decrease the game's population even more. I personally stayed to play the game because it's a low-maintenance game with a really nice chat system and in general a good player-base community (far less aholes than some other mmorpg). But those alone will NOT save this simple 2d spaceship game from the decline of usage. What's worse? Along came something called CE, and you get all the retarded people start using them, then BAM! 1 year ban, and for some, life-time ban, decreasing the already declining population even more.

It's undeniable that there are abusive staffs in this zone, just like there are corrupt upper management in almost every single organization in this world. But that doesn't mean the head staffs aren't doing what they can do to reduce the abuse. Just because you don't see any axing going on doesn't mean there aren't any happening. And I often find it that those who complain about lack of 'active' staff and those who go "WTF, WHO IS THIS NEWB THAT GOT STAFF" when new staffs are hired are often the same people. And to make it worse, these people are those who don't really care about this game, but whine just for the sake of whining.

Staff are open to constructive criticism, but any "OMFG, STAFF SUCK, FUK OFF" "BOO TO STAFF" "FU ABUSIVE STAFF" will often get ignored. Just like how you would ignore it when some one comes up to you and go "STFU NEWBIE, YOU SUCK". If you want to make the zone better, make good suggestions and everyone can work together to slow down the dying of this game. Even if the suggestion might not be good, we can work on it. But retarded comments will not be welcomed.
                          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                            doesnt everybody who can and wants to help be able to fall back on his comptitive squad? I dunno what interwine means, douchbag doesn't sound nice tho. It's easy to say that, Qan and Wark kinda did too, I guess its harder to think further than that.

voth:

just noticed your reply, whats with you trying to attack me on every possible way these days? your doing a terrible job at it, most of the time your not worth the reply would be nice if you stop it tho.
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

He means instead of having a squad with good players to fall back on and a squad of shitty players that you can boss around, why don't you make one big squad?

i.e. Penetrate

EDIT: Because you were a lot more tolerable when you didn't speak your mind.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

Someone told me that The Pusher interviewed staffers, and asked them why they wanted to be on staff, how they felt about staff.. It would be interesting to see the results if that happened now. Also it would help if you actually followed through with the things that you start. Somebody tried to limit the amount of uses for the robohelp, with ZH's using it instead of PMing people nearly every time. But after a few days it just seems like it gets forgotten. You make changes and expect them to just happen naturally.
                                that's not actually a problem like it used to be from what i've seen anyway

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                                I think it was brought up, that even if 1 or 2 people host events, even they have their own lives, and it's also been brought up, that the hosted events has decreased by A LOT in the past year or few.

Even if Lefty and Chao host "a lot" (I only see Lefty do this), it doesnt hurt to get a few replacements to those ER's that dont even come online once a day i.e. ZzLifezZ <ER>

Sertifi> ?find zzlifezz <ER>
                                Not online, last seen 27 hours ago
                                Sertifi> ?find punk <ER>
                                Not online, last seen 37 hours ago
                                Sertifi> ?find royst <ER>
                                Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago
                                Sertifi> ?find caco <ER>

Same for ZH's

Sertifi> ?find TSM <ZH>

This isnt a personal attack towards you neth, nor against anyone else either. But in the end it's _better_ to do something to these problems.

Might be hard for deans to decide new staffers, but it doesnt hurt to try.

EDIT: And there are some ER's that come online that I didnt list because of activity, but they still dont host.

Genocidal, *thumbs up* you'll figure out something some day.
                                you only mentioned 1 zh
                                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Working...
                                X