this new ?go base....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
    I'm not a league player anymore but it seems to me like the base map should reflect the map used in leagues. If you're planning to make this new map the map used for leagues, then well and good, but there shouldn't be a discontinuity between the map used in ?go base and the map that "matters" competitively.

EDIT: I do kinda like this map, though. Room for improvement but I think encouraging complex FR battles is a step in the right direction.
    I second that...

1:Aerin> o shit have u guys seen the penis with a dragon tatooed to it?

1:X-sTa-C> OMG! thats sooo... AZN!
    1:MILOS> LOL
    1:Kapuchin> lol

2:zidane> i played maplestory :(
    2:zidane> i had like two level 80 +
    2:X-sTa-C> omg... this chat just started eating dick

:4:KoZ> gotta go eat my chittlins now be back later
    :4:X-sTa-C> Koz, don't lie
    :4:X-sTa-C> You know you're also eating watermelon and chicken...

Comment

The majority of base players who find cram "boring" can't even break a cram with a 5-spider team anyway. Sure, let's say it's "boring" so we can bring the gameplay down to our level, rather than us rising up to its level. I hope you're not serious Rab.

You don't need a rocket and a boom to get into the fr. You never have.

Comment

I played shark in it and it was kind of fun, but i'm not a very avid baser so nobody would care about my opinion ^_^

Comment

this map is bs for 8v8
          2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
          2:renzi> lol no
          2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

I haven't played it yet, but by the looks of it, 2 entrances is too much. With only 8 players you are spread far too thin to defend either of them much, and then it will probably just be a constant flagroom fight.

Also, the game can't really afford to raise the number of players required above 8. It's already hard enough to get 16 players for ?go base sometimes. No one will ever be able to BD anymore if we need 10 or 12 players...
            sdg

Comment

What Does It Look Like? I Simply Can't Wait The Few Hours Before I Get Home!!

Comment

Now that PL doesn't do anything anymore, basing will finally get screwed with and ignored like dueling and javving did during his administration, Enjoy. An eye for an eye.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Sorry, but PL is the one that put the map in the arena, or at least told someone to do it.
                  sdg

Comment

The map might be a positive step. I find the cram a little boring. That being said if you are a good team it can be broken. Let's not forget that. Also, I don't understand why whoever made this pissed around with the flag room itself. Flag room battles are awesome, I'd bet they are (or were) everyones favorite part. Anyone who is annoyed with base is annoyed with the cram and how simplistic the game is as a defender, and how fucking annoying it becomes if you're trying to get in.

Another problem I had when I was playing it earlier is everyone was using javs and lances. Is this how it is going to be now? A tweak of the map is one thing but if we're using all lances that's just too much too quickly. Lets get those stupid ships out of base entirely. One terr, two sharks, a warbird or jav if you want, then spiders. Please just ban lances from base the same as levs and cloakers are. They don't add anything to the experience. And limit warbirds and javs. The only time a team uses a bunch of warbirds or javs is when they're trying to be idiots and ruin everything. Bah humbug!

Also I agree with Stabwound I hope we aren't thinking about getting larger teams. It will become too confused and too diffused. It will take the action and focus out of it. If I fail to dodge a mine as I so often do it wont matter anymore. Everyone will be spread out with multiple entrances and errors wont be costly enough. The fact that if you screw up there are consequences makes it more exciting. It is also part of the team aspect of the game. Which is also something that makes it worth playing. You need the whole team, or most of it anyway, to be working together to get in. We can't afford to lose that.
                    Spider
                    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

I'm all for an expanded flagroom. Maybe not the one we are testing, but in general making it a bit bigger wouldn't hurt. Maybe have more places to hide. In the original map, there is really only the L blocks on the left/right to hide behind, or maybe running underneath the flag thingy. The ear and lower parts are really only last resort places to run, because you become easily trapped in them.

I can't really make too many judgements on the new test map, because I haven't played it.
                      sdg

Comment

you would need to exatly move 2 blocks in the current base and craming would not be a problem anymore. those 1 tile blocks that hold the nmy terr in cram when you repel on attack, remove them and no terr can hold the cram as easy as they can now.

that being said, i wouldnt mind a new map, doesnt actually matter how it looks

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          who cares about basing anyway. skilless aspect of tw
                          Yes because mindless one-hit-kill warbird takes so much more skill.

Fucking moron.
                          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10
                          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                            The majority of base players who find cram "boring" can't even break a cram with a 5-spider team anyway. Sure, let's say it's "boring" so we can bring the gameplay down to our level, rather than us rising up to its level. I hope you're not serious Rab.

Breaking cram is not the problem, problem is defending it. That is dead boring. Attacking into cram is, well definetly not very enjoyable, but fine.

Maybe people are just scared about the change. But I hope they will at least play few games and then judge it. Productive feedback is good for everyone.

Comment

This map is awesome, it makes the shark a fun ship to play again, makes spiders actually aim and move around instead of just camping entrance, and forces terrs to dodge and work on evening out the defense in fr. Of course, everyones going to think that its too hard to defend, but thats because its brand new and new tactics haven't been thought up yet to ruin the map like cramming did for the old map. If people actually knew how to line properly now a days, defending this flag room would be easy actually, but since spiders are too antsy to kill and rush towards entrance and get tked, sharks dont know how to push the enemy and use their mines as weapons, and terrs dont know how to properly work both sides of the FR to make sure the spiders are evenly distributed, lining never works now a days.

CONCLUSION: NO ONE (with the exception of players circa 2001 (windreaper)) KNOWS HOW TO LINE NOW A DAYS. THIS MAP ROCKS. KEEP IT.
                              Dice
                              TWLB Champions Season 8
                              TWLJ Champions Season 8
                              TWLB Champions Season 10
                              TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post

there is no skill or fun sitting in the same spot for 15mins shooting down from cram at a team, flag room battles show far more skill than cramming.
                                Reinstate Sarien
                                ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Working...
                                X