Cloakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloakers

Seriously needs a fricking rethink k pub 0 isnt even about basing ffs its about how many cloaks can you get firing down with there over powered ships oooo i nearly shot one but om it repped FUCK OFF PRICKS and FIX THIS SHIT
    :eek:
    HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
    Lance> Here is BCG's song
    Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
    HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot

Yea, pub 0 does seem to be overrun with people trying out the new ship. I agree with you that the ship is overpowered, and has negatively impacted the flow of basing.

However, Moot mentioned in the following post that he's working with P_L on correcting the settings:

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/sho...63&postcount=6

I know it's frustrating, but hopefully it'll get straightened out soon enough.

Comment

oh stfu, as soon as there are not 90% javs in an arena you can whine about the cloaker, deal?

yes, the settings are broken but seriously, the days a cloaker could own me are over. maybe try a lanc if you are to new to play a different ship.

Comment

hmm am looking at pub 0 right now and see 1 cloaker between both freqs as this may be a bad time well i also see 4 javs on the freq holding the fr and 1 lone spider lining and one lone shark afraid to enter the cram to mine it doesn't seem to be the cloaker is the problem. 1 rep and 1 rocket and basically crap recharge when cloak stealth are on means they are much easier to kill.
        ?find dads revenge

Comment

Stfu Fluffz they are overpowered and they even admit it so sit back down ogre

Mootland Farmer
          "You might have noticed that there are a couple of problems with the Weasel. The first one is that you can still recharge with cloak and stealth enabled, and the second problem is that you can fire two single shots with full energy. I'm working with Pure_Luck and a few Development guys to change this. Thanks."

EDIT
          Thanks Subjugation for the thread
          HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
          Lance> Here is BCG's song
          Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
          HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
            hmm am looking at pub 0 right now and see 1 cloaker between both freqs as this may be a bad time well i also see 4 javs on the freq holding the fr and 1 lone spider lining and one lone shark afraid to enter the cram to mine it doesn't seem to be the cloaker is the problem. 1 rep and 1 rocket and basically crap recharge when cloak stealth are on means they are much easier to kill.
            This was about 2 hours ago (7am PST), Fairlights was there, so he can probably corroborate. There were about 4-5 cloakers on one freq pretty much picking off everyone in mid trying to break the cram, and 1 or two near the entrance to the main tube. The attacking freq had 3 terriers on it at the time, and still couldn't do anything about the cloakers, because the with the recharge, rep and rocket, it was ez to elude them.

It's completely possible that it was an isolated spike, because there were times when a wave of X's would descend upon base with the old settings, too. But as more people find out how powerful this ship is, I wouldn't be suprised if more people will start using it.

Comment

Yea I've been in pub a few times with JT when there are like 3-4 cloakers per team and it's just madness in mid-base. With so many cloakers you always have 2 or 3 idiots that are running around as terrs hunting down cloakers and not helping to defend/rush the fr.

Good to know it's being worked on though.
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

It's not surprising when you change settings everyone will be curious as to what changes have been made. Most likely why you've seen quite a few Weasels in Publics lately. The same thing happened when we changed the Leviathan. Give it a few days to a week to see what happens. Thanks.
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                  It's not surprising when you change settings everyone will be curious as to what changes have been made. Most likely why you've seen quite a few Weasels in Publics lately. The same thing happened when we changed the Leviathan. Give it a few days to a week to see what happens. Thanks.
                  i dont remembe the levi becoming the equality of *ufo.....
                  (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                  (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                  (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                  (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                  (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

i personally do not understand how the lanc get be hit by spider bullets and still pull off their shot w/o dying? I have seen this many times...perhaps it's latency doing its job? I just hate the Lanc's.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

that's becuase it only takes less than half of the lanc's energy to fire, and a spider bullet does a little less than a third of the lanc's energy... It's very simple, really.
                      Expunge> I'M EMO!!!!!!!
                      Dark_grim> are you crying and cutting your wrist right now?
                      Expunge> >.> <.<
                      Dark_grim> DIE EXPUNGE
                      Dark_grim> DIE
                      Expunge> lol
                      Dark_grim> die!!! -stabs you-
                      Dark_grim> -STABS HARDER-
                      Expunge> LMAO!

2: Dark_grim> _/\o/ Expunge \o/\_

1:caco <ER>> sorry, sweettitties
                      1:Expunge> LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chao <ER>> I have a crush on left eye and I just host to impress her

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                        Although I agree, it makes the most sense to do some metrics before making changes, make the change, then do the metrics again.

Comment

The new cloakers size is good but they overpowered its hard for terriers to kill them and they can shoot with little energy. they should only be able to shoot once not twice from full energy.

On thing i have noticed though. i was playing in a lower pub a day or two ago for some time (levi allowed, timer was on tho for some reason) where real basing was going on. there was no LTs about. the cloakers were just killing levs to quick so no one was bothering to lt. The base itsself was pretty cloak free i think they must have all been distracted levi hunting.

The good thing about this new cloak is it puts the fear back into trenchwars. on your own in the middle of pub feels dangerous, you need to be near an x seeing team mate to not get lamed. meaning you gravitate towards the safety of the base
                          Last edited by Doc Flabby; 11-29-2006, 12:24 PM.
                          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I think a lot of people are simply quite annoyed that the Weasel has to go through changes for the benefit of the zone, and are a bit critical of any new tests anyway. Just wait for a while and allow people to test the ship settings, give feedback too, but there's no point being agrivated by tests, they are just tests after all.

=)
                            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                            5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                            1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                            1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Expunge View Post
                              that's becuase it only takes less than half of the lanc's energy to fire, and a spider bullet does a little less than a third of the lanc's energy... It's very simple, really.
                              I never play in a Lanc in TW, so that makes sense. Last time I played in a Lanc was in Alpha East and West back in I think '96 - '97. Just seemed odd how fast they recharge.
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                              X