Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
    1.) "Our pub players doesn't play enough in Twd."

I disagree :P . Most of our pub players get around 5-10 in their 1st round and then they choose not to play the next round. They prefer to play gradually than lose a lot of consecutive rounds.
    (fact:the more they lose, the more they become inactive)

Plan B- start another twd game. 1dd 1jd
    Plan C- tell them to pub/elim/tourny till the next round
    Plan D- start another dd after. the game
    Plan E- 8v8 BD
    Plan F- 2 bds !

2.) "Less squads"

I disagree. Before i started G.T. there were exactly 42 squads. Right now there's 41. There's not a big difference because 90% of our players never played twd before. Guess how did i know? cuz i had to teach almost all of my members how to register and signup. I gave each of them a tour, explained the commands , etch.

(how did i know there was 42 squads? we started 42th in dd)

3.) If other elite squads decide to go over 100 members

I don't think they will last long. their overall skills with drop dramatically. they will be a mix of good and mediocre players.

4.) Pros and Cons of a 100 squad.

Pros
    -Meets tons of new players from different places
    -Very Fun, you can chat with someone, anytime
    -You can dd/jd/bd everyday.

Cons
    -You don't get to know all of them very well.
    -You will lose a lot if your best players aren't on.

Our Plan
    -We play each dd if it doesn't count.
    ("Think of it as practice." , "Try dodging more bullets than usual")
    -I remind them each game to not get frustrated if we lose.
    -No insulting other members. ("newb" is a forbidden word)
    -no thrashing the chat.

--------------------------------------------------

Check our Intro Movie in our Profile page. My first music video lol.
    i teach oldbies how to sign up all the time, and they been in TWL, its just new bots
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

I agree everything Reaver said.

Most "new" squads doesn't last long. They dissolve very quickly. It's always one of this :
      1.)The captains doesn't know what they r doing.
      2.) They are very inactive. Thats why a lot of people double squad.
      3.) You lose 90% of the time. It's hard to get better.

--------------------------------------------------

Check out our Intro Movie in our Profile page. My first music video lol.

im glad you have told us you dont know what you are doing

although when i entered your tryout arena during your first 2 weeks you told me and i quote

"i have been told roster limit is 300, i want to hit it then dissolve"

which to jog your memory i followed with "you better find members from other zones or you will be dissolved long before that for double squaders."

enjoy your DSing while it lasts, and please, stop killing the only thing left in this zone, the laggers do their best to slay it already
      (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
      (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
        i teach oldbies how to sign up all the time, and they been in TWL, its just new bots
        enjoy your DSing while it lasts, and please, stop killing the only thing left in this zone, the laggers do their best to slay it already
        Heroin, you assume too much. You think your assumptions are always right and everyone are wrong.

"you better find members from other zones or you will be dissolved long before that for double squaders."
        What? i never said that. your memory is stiff. My intial goal was to get 300+ members and set a record in twd, then I said to you that I might have to try different zones to recruit. (because tw doesn't have enough players)

I never said the roster limit is 300. I said If i hit 300 it would be fun to dissolve it. It was a joke.

You are thinking of another thread. Pummel told me in the pub to "stop recruiting". I told him that I asked the staff that i can have 300+ members.
        Last edited by applecheek; 12-04-2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

im glad you have told us you dont know what you are doing

although when i entered your tryout arena during your first 2 weeks you told me and i quote

which to jog your memory i followed with "you better find members from other zones or you will be dissolved long before that for double squaders."

I just wanted to point out that double squadding is just as illegal for every squad and GiantTiger is no exception. We've checked their roster just like we've checked all other rosters periodically.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

i disagree with everyone who disagrees with applecheek
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's our problem if we have 120+ members. Take care of your squad and we take care of ours...
              "I'd rather die fighting then live as a coward" (Bloody Wolf)
              "Everyman dies... but not everyman really lives." (Bloody Wolf)
              "The kill is not the only skill to survive" (Mad Tiger)
              "The Black Wind howls..." (Magus)
              "Only the DEAD have seen the end of the war" (Plato)

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Wolf View Post
                It's our problem if we have 120+ members. Take care of your squad and we take care of ours...
                Thats not how things go. Your squad effects practically every squad in TWD because of the recruiting tactics and the overwhelming size. Because of how GiantTiger recruits, and how the act upon that, then you lose the ability to say its just your problem, because you've made it everyone in TWD's problem.
                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
                  Thats not how things go. Your squad effects practically every squad in TWD because of the recruiting tactics and the overwhelming size. Because of how GiantTiger recruits, and how the act upon that, then you lose the ability to say its just your problem, because you've made it everyone in TWD's problem.
                  I haven't seen a change in TWD. Tell me exactly what has changed please.

And blue, I thought you said you didn't hate us! Lies all the way man..
                  Screenshot.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
                    you've made it everyone in TWD's problem.
                    Maybe it's just your problem? I haven't heard anyone else really complaining.
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Heroin, you assume too much. You think you're assumptions are always right and everyone are wrong.

What? i never said that. your memory is stiff. My intial goal was to get 300+ members and set a record in twd, then I said to you that I might have to try different zones to recruit. (because tw doesn't have enough players)

I never said the roster limit is 300. I said If i hit 300 it would be fun to dissolve it. It was a joke.

You are thinking of another thread. Pummel told me in the pub to "stop recruiting". I told him that I asked the staff that i can have 300+ members.

from now on im logging all convos to make fun of people in these forums

Comment

im glad you have told us you dont know what you are doing...enjoy your DSing while it lasts, and please, stop killing the only thing left in this zone
                        If GT was full of doublesquadders, then how could they be taking players away from other squads? If anything, it would mean they were contributing to more TWD matches. Contradicting yourself and resorting to personal attacks just because you don't agree with someone actually undermines your credibility and your own point.

Anyway, this next part isn't specifically about anyone, but if I could make another comment on the future of TWD:

Don't you realize it's self defeating when you spend 90% of your time trash talking and harassing less skilled or newer players? Although I really can't really put a lot of blame on those who do it, because I think they honestly can't help avoiding like assholes. After all, I think the largest demographic of TW is probably young males---and most young males are more worried about cementing their place in the social dominance ladder than making a contribution to the zone. But if you are so worried about TWD dying, try and spend more time helping school the newbs and bringing them along than being an asshole. If more people tried to help the less experienced players, then you might find more growth in TWD.

A parallel to this is going on in the poker community. After the huge boom in 2004, growth isn't as big as it used to be. And smart poker players know if you teach someone a little bit and they make some money (aka wins) here and there, they're more likely to keep playing poker than if you constantly berate them on their poor play at the poker table. In the long run, you will make more money off a worse player than if you harass them into giving up the game. I know you want to be cool and tell them to "GTFO newb" or whatever, but in the long run, you will be playing alone.

Lastly, I think Reaver and Apple made some good points---on both sides of the issue. Especially Reaver's analogy about smaller, less invasive governments.

Comment

i agree with the post above mine and reavers
                          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

You are right subjugation.

A member of mine said "whenever i lose, i feel like quiting subspace."
                            Last edited by applecheek; 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

You know Blue ... I don't think I personally have ever lost a member of bw to GT ... people have left us and joined them later but no one ever actually left us for GT. I've lost 3 members for Penetrate ... shall we start whining about them?

That beings me to another point ... a lot of people that have come through Brainwave have gone on to bigger and better squads. All we are doing is teaching newbs about squading ... taking them in where no one else will ... and helping them get a little better so that they stand a chance of getting into better squads. I'm confident that if I wanted to, I could quite easily dissolve Brainwave and start squadding competitive myself. I'm not saying I'm good but ... I know I can do better than bottom of the ladders, considering I'm normally trying to carry xD There are some good players that could vouch for me there too ... yet I'd rather introduce others to TWD so that you guys may have more good players for competitiveness ... I don't see what the problem is.

This thread should just be closed cause it ain't gonna achieve anything anyway ...
                              9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                              9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                              9:Basti> sure
                              9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                              9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                              9:Basti> i'll score
                              9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                              9:Basti> and take the flag
                              9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                              9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

wish i had never started this thread now, i was wrong i dont think there should be a roster limit now
                                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                                X