appeal for twd roster cap at 100 members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
    Djslayer and Edify, both on the massive twd squads.

Just hope that you know, in these threads your opinion doesn't mean much. Because we know you're on the squads.
    Was your attempt at discrediting them was just a joke? Because they both had valid points.

I spent most of my time on pub squads that occasionally had a DD or BD once in a while (Hunterz, Rezin & 9d6). We often lost, but sometimes won. But in the meantime, we had a shitload of fun hanging out together in Pub.

A lot of our members went inactive due to their jobs, families, as well as some MMORPG's. But we still had a pretty good core of players that really got along well with each other. If staff had stepped in and made us kick players, the kicked players would have still been inactive---not recycled back into the TWD playerbase. However, those that really wanted to be involved in TWD (like myself) decided to move on to a more TWD oriented squad.

Squads shouldn't have fewer rights because they aren't as hardcore into ladder competition as some. Moreover, TWD staff doesn't need to micromanage the issue because it will automatically be sorted out through the process of natural selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
      Was your attempt at discrediting them was just a joke? Because they both had valid points.

I spent most of my time on pub squads that occasionally had a DD or BD once in a while (Hunterz, Rezin & 9d6). We often lost, but sometimes won. But in the meantime, we had a shitload of fun hanging out together in Pub.

A lot of our members went inactive due to their jobs, families, as well as some MMORPG's. But we still had a pretty good core of players that really got along well with each other. If staff had stepped in and made us kick players, the kicked players would have still been inactive---not recycled back into the TWD playerbase. However, those that really wanted to be involved in TWD decided to move on to a more TWD oriented squad.

Squads shouldn't have fewer rights because they aren't as hardcore into ladder competition as some. Moreover, TWD staff doesn't need to micromanage the issue because it will automatically be sorted out through the process of natural selection.

We wish.

Comment

From TWD documentation, Rules section, The Roster:

1. At current, there is NO limit on the number of Squadmembers that may be assigned to a Squadron, although please keep your Squadron numbers to a reasonable limit, otherwise Restrictions will need to be enforced.

I would like someone from TWD staff to clarify what a "reasonable amount" is, because I do not think squads with over 100 members fit within the "reasonable limit".

Comment

let'em do.
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

ok maybe im wrong and having no cap for number of people in a twd squad is a good thing.
            The next question logically follows;

why do we need a cap on number of squad assitants or squad captains?
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Fuck man. Staff is going to do whatever they want considering most of the staff who posted in this thread are for roster caps. Since not many of the people who actually read the forums or post are in these two "big squads" a poll will just be skewed for the cap.

-1 for doc flabby in my figurative book of respect.
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

1.) "Our pub players doesn't play enough in Twd."

I disagree :P . Most of our pub players get around 5-10 in their 1st round and then they choose not to play the next round. They prefer to play gradually than lose a lot of consecutive rounds.
                (fact:the more they lose, the more they become inactive)

Plan B- start another twd game. 1dd 1jd
                Plan C- tell them to pub/elim/tourny till the next round
                Plan D- start another dd after. the game
                Plan E- 8v8 BD
                Plan F- 2 bds !

2.) "Less squads"

I disagree. Before i started G.T. there were exactly 42 squads. Right now there's 41. There's not a big difference because 90% of our players never played twd before. Guess how did i know? cuz i had to teach almost all of my members how to register and signup. I gave each of them a tour, explained the commands , etch.

(how did i know there were 42 squads? we started 42th in dd)

3.) If other elite squads decide to go over 100 members

I don't think they will last long. their overall skills with drop dramatically. they will be a mix of good and mediocre players.

4.) Pros and Cons of a 100 player squad.

Pros
                -Meets tons of new players from different places
                -Very Fun, you can chat with someone, anytime
                -You can dd/jd/bd everyday.

Cons
                -You don't get to know all of them very well.
                -You will lose a lot if your best players aren't on.

Our Plan
                -We play each dd if it doesn't count.
                ("Think of it as practice." , "Try dodging more bullets than usual")
                -I remind them each game to not get frustrated if we lose.
                -No insulting other members. ("newb" is a forbidden word)
                -no thrashing the chat.

--------------------------------------------------

Check our Intro Movie in our Profile page. My first music video lol.
                Last edited by applecheek; 12-04-2006, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Im going to copy and paste what I wrote in the last thread related to this because I received very little response.

One can argue that because of the large roster, fewer TWD matches happen because so many players are tied into that one squad. I disagree, how many times has it happened that you have 3 people online and you need a 4th, or you need one more person for that BD? It obviously depends on your squad, but Im sure it rarely if ever happens for Gianttiger. As a result of this, they can almost constantly play TWD. If you don't believe me, check out their squad history, they've played upwards of 14 games in multiple days. In addition, how many matches do you think they've forfeited because they only had 4 online and one accidently logged off?
                  One can argue that because of the large roster, certain players don't get any playing time at all, or it makes the players more of a number on the squad rather than a teammate. I agree, but in the same token I also say that when people don't enjoy what they're doing, they'll either change something so that they can continue and enjoy, or they'll quit. Whether or not GiantTiger helps people to enjoy TWD or causes people to dislike it and either quit completely or join another squad is unknown by you or me at this point. At the very least the people that are on GiantTiger joined it for some specific reason and I think it would be very unfair for those in charge of TWD to stop them from doing so because it doesn't give them an extreme advantage over their competitors. How do you like it when the government interferes with your personal life when it's completely unnecessary and you're not breaking any laws? I mean, who's to say that alot of those guys don't know eachother, maybe alot of them are good friends and wouldn't be a part of TWD at all if they had to be on some other squad?
                  If a player completely quits TWD because they didn't get enough playing time in their TWD squad I can only believe that if they weren't on GiantTiger and joined some other squad and had some negative experience, they would have quit playing TWD altogether there as well. Besides, it's equally as likely that because of less playing time players will leave the squad and want to join another TWD squad so that they can play TWD more. At the very least, those players that have never even heard of TWD just had their first taste.
                  Look at the current state of TWD squads, most of them are averaging about a 1-3 month life span before dissolving. I believe at the very least gianttiger is more likely to last longer because of the larger roster, and if nothing else is gained out of this, it shows other TWD squads that even if your squad doesn't win every match it doesn't mean you should jump ship.
                  I don't personally know the squad leader of the squad but I've been told he knows what he's doing, and I think it's great that he's taking the initiative of getting pub players involved in TWD. I would have really appreciated learning about private squad matches sooner.

In conclusion, I think it's better to educate and give people hand's on experience with TWD so that they can decide whether they enjoy it and want to play more, or so that they dont play it and go back to playing pub. It's better to atleast make them aware of it so that they can decide than they never realize there even is a TWD thinking this game only has publics and elim and quit the game prematurely. I know the same can be done with smaller limited rosters, but it isn't being done with smaller rosters. When rosters are limited then it's obvious that the best players you can get is your best bet but when the rosters aren't limited you can recruit friends or new people and let them play in a few matches here or there while they're getting better. In addition, if roster limits are placed, then squads could also look at it from the point of view that they need to recruit the 50 best players possible before all the other squads can get the players. Im all for giving more freedom to the players so that they can do as they wish, provided it's not a hinderance on others and I believe that the added benefits of a larger TWD player base counterweighs the negative aspects of this large roster. I know there are downsides to allowing the larger roster but the real question is, do they outweigh the benefits?

P.S. Im not convinced either way, obviously leaning in one direction but I plan to give this more thought and encourage debate.
                  1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                  3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                  3:Best> see it coming
                  3:Best> sad

Comment

I agree everything Reaver said.

Most "new" squads doesn't last long. They dissolve very quickly. It's always one of this :
                    1.)The captains doesn't know what they r doing.
                    2.) They are very inactive. Thats why a lot of people double squad.
                    3.) You lose 90% of the time. It's hard to get better.

Check out our Intro Movie in our Profile page. My first music video lol.
                    Last edited by applecheek; 12-03-2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
                      I agree everything Reaver said.

Most "new" squads doesn't last long. They dissolve very quickly. It's always one of this :
                      1.)The captains doesn't what they r doing.
                      2.) They are very inactive. Thats why a lot of people double squad.
                      3.) You lose 90% of the time. It's hard to get better.

Check our Intro Movie in our Profile page. My first music video lol.

R-O-F-L

Learnenglishlanguage.exe

Comment

i am not fluent in english. <_< you have a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
                          i aimm no flooeennt in inglich. <_< yu halve ay proyblem?

Comment

This is why i love forums. I can get rid of people like Pummel in 1 click. Add Pummel to Your Ignore List :grin:

Comment

Now that Applecheek has ignored me, that pretty much ruins my chances of ever joining Gianttiger.

*sigh*

Comment

hmm having read all the posts i think i may have been wrong on this :fear:
                                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                                X