No announcement yet.

Rant/Funding Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the problem with advertising: People aren't just going to pay TW because people are looking at banner ads. They research stuff like this, and I'd imagine that if they aren't selling anything thanks to us, we're not worth any money to them. What's our sell-line going to be? "We have a user base that refuses to pay 15 dollars a year for our game, maybe they'll buy your lame-ass product?"

Comment

True. However, marketing is most often aimed at those most likely to buy a product, based on their wants/needs. So, if anyone were to advertise in Trench, it would probably be a company like Sony or another tech company.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Better idea:

ConcreteSchlyrd et al make a zaney scheme that raises lots of money. The populous of the trenches (undoubtedly oblivious to anything going on outside their 6 inch "bubble radius") would give their money and never realize that they could've done the same thing with this official taxing thing.

We forget that the majority of the 13-15 y/o age group thinks of themselves as revolutionaries and defiant of any rule that comes. Trick them into giving money anyway! That's the key...

Get to work on your fundraising scheme, PJ...
        Reclusion
        "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

decent thread

omg omg... i must be bored... (read the whole thread)

2nd... i deffinently would pay to play... even $50 would be no problem...

but i think the donations should be made more attractive... give ppl @trenchwars.org email addresses or whatever when they have donated a certain amount of $$$... give ppl gold-memberships as on subspace.net... there must be ways to make ppl WANT to donate money to tw...

this is the first thread ever that was close to 100% serious... now look at that; IMPRESSIVE SHIT

and i also think the average age on TW is higher than the 14 year old everage everquest age (or whatever game it was)...

Look at all those "OLD" ppl... most of them have serious jobs and even $25 bucks wouldnt be a problem

i hereby promise that if i win the lottery i will keep TW running...

Comment

Infantry fucking rocked

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            Well Infantry fucking sucked in the first place, and as sony is considered, their fee is monthly and more than 15 dollars correct?
            Anyone know how big their user base was? I'd lay money down that it was smaller than Subspace, or even TW alone is now.

I played Infantry before I came to Subspace. The reason I came to subspace was because of pay to play.

No Roger, it isn't 15 dollars a month. More like 7 dollars a month and around 3 dollars a month if you play Everquest. Also, the Infantry player base WAS larger than Subspace. Trench Wars record is for amount of people on at one time is 648. That is what the amount of people for a un-popular zone would be on an average. There were around 4 or 5 zones that at peak time would be around 1,000-1,200 people. Considering that some zones had 6-8 arenas with 100 people in each.. in 50vs50 games which is not including the special arenas like Trench Wars has. As for Trench Wars we have 6-8 arenas with around 35-less people in them. Not including special arenas (ie: Elim, Base Elim, twd's, deathmatch, etc. )

I would've stayed with Infantry, but all my money is spent on the essentials (beer,food, misc. supplies, and rent)

As for paying 15$ a year for this game. Hmm thats not that big of a deal. Like someone said before, that is less than many video and computer games out there. And you probably have played this game more than you have any other game. I also would pay it because this game is actually pretty fun once you get into it. Although, if I was a new player I probably wouldn't pay to play it because basically new players only play public... and public really isnt very fun.
            No taxation without representation

Comment

Isn't it like $10 month to play everquest?
              Choose the Best or Die Like the Rest!

Comment

Re: Infantry fucking rocked

Originally posted by Taxation
                There were around 4 or 5 zones that at peak time would be around 1,000-1,200 people. Considering that some zones had 6-8 arenas with 100 people in each.. in 50vs50 games which is not including the special arenas like Trench Wars has. As for Trench Wars we have 6-8 arenas with around 35-less people in them. Not including special arenas (ie: Elim, Base Elim, twd's, deathmatch, etc. )

Lies

I came from Infantry too... thats a joke 1,000-1,200 people in 4 to 5 zones at peak time? hahaha

Taxation>i'm an infantry poser
                Jonesy>yup

Comment

I'll pay more money for each year, like more than double a required amount, if I can select some jackhole to receive a one year netban on my behalf.

email message example:

"Dear <name deleted>:

User THE CRIMSON KING has determined that you are a class-double-A, level-one-double-plus-plus jackhole. Consequently, he has donated to Trench Wars a sum sufficient to justify a one-year netban for your jackhole ass.

If you would like to reverse this ban, please send check or money order to:

blah blah blah,
                  PO BOX 12134
                  Estonia, and shit."

Yeah, I know netbans aren't viable, and I know people would just buy their way out of bans, and I'm pretty sure that someone would drop the change to ban my ass too. But I hope this post garnered a smile or three. . .

Yet despite all the huge advances in the online gaming genre over the past 5 years, so many of us continue to play this game. For the love of all that is holy, WHY?
                  Umm. . it's free?

tCK
                  1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
                  1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
                  THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
                  1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

We must remember only trench wars will go down with the inseficcent funds
                    There is always DSB and EG
                    (sarcasm)

Seriously though... Trench Wars has been around since i started playing Continuum in 2000. I still suck, but its the people telling me how i suck that i would miss. i would never talk to Melo, or Kingz, or Zeus, even though they dont know i exist, again.
                    Trench Wars is a part of history almost, we need to support it... You most likely spent more money watching Michael Jackson specials this week than you would spend playing TW for a year.
                    IF TW dies then SS dies with it. Long live TW.
                    Also you could look around and MAYBE find a sponsor. (just an idea dont raze me on this)
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                      You most likely spent more money watching Michael Jackson specials this week than you would spend playing TW for a year.
                      Wtf!?!

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                        Trench Wars is a part of history almost, we need to support it...
                        i dont see your name on the "donations-list" at trenchwars.org

Comment

thats cause i spent my money on the new Zelda
                          but when i get 50$ again
                          You know where its going
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Probably to a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by yung
                              The player base in TW is way too young to charge them any sort of money. If you inact a yearly fee you will loose the majority of players.
                              I agree.
                              - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Working...
                              X