No announcement yet.

Twsbl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd recommend starting small. Instead of a 5v5 league have a 4v4 league and have a low roster cap, say 8 people. A draft league might also work but the last one (the one we had in Powerball) failed because people weren't invested in a team they were drafted to and because one team was still somehow stacked anyway.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine View Post
      I'd recommend starting small. Instead of a 5v5 league have a 4v4 league and have a low roster cap, say 8 people. A draft league might also work but the last one (the one we had in Powerball) failed because people weren't invested in a team they were drafted to and because one team was still somehow stacked anyway.
      I like that. I also suggest that if theres that small of a roster cap, a team should be allowed to play with 3 or even 2 people if not enough show.

Comment

Originally posted by iKillburger View Post
        I like that. I also suggest that if theres that small of a roster cap, a team should be allowed to play with 3 or even 2 people if not enough show.
        Just have spectators be able to play if the opposing team allows them to.

Comment

...why the hell would you even have a roster cap if your trying to keep this league alive? unless you can guarantee most of your players are going to show on a weekend.
          9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

you are one negative monkey!

Comment

why would you have a roster cap? that just seems stupid
              9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

You'd have a roster cap so that all the talented and active players aren't on one team and ruin the league. Perhaps allowing 1 non-team sub with the opposing team's permission will prevent teams from losing by forfeit. But if a team can't muster half their roster on any given day then the 3 active guys screwed by their mates should just join another team. There's just not enough interest in strikeball to field squads with deep benches and then have enough squads to play a league.
                I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
                  Side note: Whoever in this thread who says they'll stick through with the league and show up most weeks are liars.
                  BTW...Velocity showed for every match with a 99% showing of players. Probably one of 2 teams that always made their games last league.
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

A draft would only work if the major players of Strikeball all would agree to using it, otherwise people will be grumpy because of their team.

Small roster caps would be nice, but if we can get a big roster cap with 8 teams, full of people, then thats even better because there is a higher chance the team will be able to play in a match.
                    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

A draft sounds nice since it would allow the teams to be distributed evenly in terms of talent. But it's gonna take a lot of effort to make it work. Interested players would have to sign up, squad captains would obviously have to scout or hold 1 vs 1 duels, etc.

A roster cap of 8 would be sufficient for the first season (or 4th season, whatever). I'm hoping that we will have at least six teams. That's 48 players, which is kind of pushing it.

I'm interested to see if everything's gonna work. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand View Post
                        A roster cap of 8 would be sufficient for the first season (or 4th season, whatever). I'm hoping that we will have at least six teams. That's 48 players, which is kind of pushing it.

I'm interested to see if everything's gonna work. :fear:
                        The timing of league and as to when the scheduled games would be assigned was also a problem due to TWD & TWL seasons and many playing for squads that had matches at the same time conflicting with the SB schedule.

The other problem I remember, was that games had been scheduled on either Saturday or Sundays only. This can be a problem with only 8 players...keeping in mind other leagues and the possibilities of some working in rl. There would need to be a flexible schedule for days/nites and times for these to be hosted or you have just limited player and or squad turnout.

Just something to consider prior to making ones self available for a draft and or scheduling availability for match's.
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine View Post
                          You'd have a roster cap so that all the talented and active players aren't on one team and ruin the league. Perhaps allowing 1 non-team sub with the opposing team's permission will prevent teams from losing by forfeit. But if a team can't muster half their roster on any given day then the 3 active guys screwed by their mates should just join another team. There's just not enough interest in strikeball to field squads with deep benches and then have enough squads to play a league.
                          wouldn't it be more beneficial if there was more people on a team so it would gurantee people showing up, rather then depending on more then half of your roster to show up?

Comment

I played 2 strikeball games today, it was pretty fun
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

No, don't do a draft.

Let schedules be worked out between captains and the officers/hosts running the league, with games being played at any time any day of the week provided all three parties (team A, team B, host) can show.

8 max per team with 1 optional off-team sub sounds good to me.

PS: BRICK HOUUUUSEEEEEEEEE
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                                No, don't do a draft.

Let schedules be worked out between captains and the officers/hosts running the league, with games being played at any time any day of the week provided all three parties (team A, team B, host) can show.

8 max per team with 1 optional off-team sub sounds good to me.

PS: BRICK HOUUUUSEEEEEEEEE
                                I agree about the draft, it wouldn't work, or create a long lasting team chemistry needed for the league. Teams would fall apart being forced to play with people they don't want to, or not being able to play with people they want to.

As far as the scheduling, I think a fixed time should be established that week, but captains can preschedule the meeting to happen before the established time, if they feel they cannot meet the required time. If the pre-scheduled match fails, then they can try to remeet for the original game date. This way you have both organization of the league, and flexability.
                                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X