No announcement yet.

Twsbl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This league should have the same rules and settings as the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
      ban him now before the madness continues.
      as long as there's dedicated staff it should be ok.
      Your sig reminds me of the episode of Family Guy when Peter finds the Indian skull. Meg gets left in the house when everyone else runs out and Lois told Peter to go back for her and Peter was like "Lois, we agreed that if we could only save 2 of our children we'd leave Meg"
      Ban Ikrit

Comment

start up strikeball again
        AKA Shaun
        ----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
          We need input in these areas concerning the league:

1. Greens vs. No Greens

2. If Greens, No Engine Shut Downs vs. Engine Shutdowns

3. Wormholes vs. Warpholes (Wormholes with no pull) vs. None (Wormholes removed and open space in its place)

4. Set Score vs. Timed Game
          If Score, How many?
          If Timed, How long?

5. Is it illegal to fly into the net when no ball is present?

6. Is it illegal to goalie if ball is on other half of court?

Tell me your opinions on these possible settings/rules.
          1.) Yes to greens.
          2.) Engine Shut downs should be available, maybe not as often as they are, but still should be.
          3.) Wormholes definently. Warpholes would be okay, but I do like the pull the wormholes have and how it affects the players with balls, etc.
          4.) Games to 10 as Weaver said or maybe a 15-20 minute game, however many goals are scored happen.
          5.) Not at all.
          6.) Nope.
          sigpic

Comment

1. Greens vs. No Greens

These two are basically the same issue and they're a big issue in the game. Perhaps the most important factor in the game is the availability of repels. Without greens you have to die to get a new repel. With greens you can green extra reps on the same life. With engine shut down greens there is a cost for attempting to green more reps. I'm in favor of greens with engine shutdowns but perhaps making the shutdown period shorter due to the faster pace in organized games. But it's a tough decision because both repels and engine shutdowns can make or break games.

3. Wormholes vs. Warpholes (Wormholes with no pull) vs. None (Wormholes removed and open space in its place)

Wormholes with no pull. The only negative of wormholes is that they unfairly let you move the ball and potentially score from half court. Take away the pull and that's not possible. Then you have the original intention of wormholes, a way to escape from the sides to the center with the ball.

Timed. Two twenty minute halves. At a competetive level, strikeball is basically like basketball. It's a high scoring game and grabbing rebounds is extremely important, perhaps more important than scoring. Given a variable amount of turnovers in a match between two squads of variable skill levels, playing until some arbitrary score is reached sets an uneven standard for matches. And practically some matches would end too quickly while others would drag on longer than anyone wants.

No, this is silly. One of the good things about strikeball is that there aren't a lot of messy rules that a moderator has to oversee. Defense is not an insurrmountable strategy to overcome for a good strikeball team.

I've always found that playing full time goalie really only hurts your team's offense so I have no problem with people choosing to do this. However the one rule from speedball that should be enforced is the cherry picking rule. It should be illegal to wait around your opponents goal while the ball is on the other half of the court. This makes it so that your teammates only have to clear the ball to you in order for you to grab it and score easily. This is similar to offsides rules in other sports like soccer or hockey.
            I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

1. Greens vs. No Greens

If Score, How many?
              If Timed, How long?

1.greens
              2.no engine shutdowns
              3.wormholes (it makes for a nice speed pass/shot while being pulled in)
              4. 7
              5.no
              6.no

I like that you're hosting strikeball, it's a game that deserves more attention.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

Thanks for your input so far everyone, please keep posting your opinions and comments about the possible rule settings. So far I've collected data from about 10 people, so we still need plenty more input! Feel free to leave a forum post, private message me on forums, ?message, or just contact me on Subspace. I look forward to your input, thanks.
                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Yes to the TWSBL Idea.
                  No to the changing of settings to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze

1. Greens vs. No Greens

If Score, How many?
                    If Timed, How long?

Tell me your opinions on this possible settings/rules.
                    1. Greens should be allowed. Just leave it as it is.
                    2. Engine Shutdowns should be allowed, maybe decrease it's duration. It puts more obstacles into the game, making it more fun and challenging.
                    3. Wormhole with pull. They could still be used to escape from the sides, but the pull makes for great shots from half court.
                    4. Score based, up to 15 should be good. I've played good strikeball games, and most of them exceeded 10 minutes one of them even went above an hour. If a game is boring we shouldn't need to suffer 45 minutes just to finish it.
                    5. No.
                    6. Yes. (I don't want to be forced to walk the puck in)

To put it simply, I couldn't care less how awesome the old strikeball league was, and I definitely don’t want the game I’ve been playing to change. Obviously something went wrong with it, and we shouldn't be using it as a model.
                    Last edited by Krusnik; 12-13-2006, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Just to clarify, on questions 5/6; I asked do you is it illegal to do...

By saying No, you are saying that it is Legal
                      By saying Yes, you are saying that it is Illegal

Sorry if there is any confusion, edit your post accordingly if need be.

Comment

1. Greens vs. No Greens

If Score, How many?
                        If Timed, How long?

Notice: For questions 5/6, No means Legal and Yes means Illegal, sorry for any confusion.
                        1) greens are good.
                        2) get rid of engine shutoff. It's a fun thing to add some interest in public games, but the league shouldn't allow a team to lose a point over a poor green.
                        3) wormholes should definitely be there. whether or not they pull doesnt make a difference to me. Wormhole shots are generally easy to defend. Shooting a wormhole shot has enough cons that I generally try to avoid them. Personally, I think the wormhole power is better used for defense and protecting the ball
                        4) first to 15 or 2 rounds to 10 with a 45 minute max time limit.
                        5) if you want me to pass to you, you'd better get your ass somewhere you can actually catch the ball and put it in; you'd better not be sitting in there stealing my glorious halfcourt shots :P
                        6) Same idea as number 5. If you're playing in the league, you better not suck so hard that you're sitting in the goal. If you are, your team is going to get their ass handed to them on the other side of the court. Killing and reps make defenders who sit in the goal useless. If you want to play strictly defense, there are much better ways.

Comment

B)

1.Yes
                          2.No Engine Shutdowns
                          3.Yes because you can have a strong pass and fast shot's. (Don't Forget it wasen't used in the past TWSBL season)
                          4.I Say Score's up to 15 and Timed up to 30 minutes (Limit) per game.
                          5.YES (but only if ur getting the ball from the net/rebound i think it's ok)
                          6.YES (goalies Prevent you from scoring so i recommend u dont do it)
                          Last edited by Teranigma; 12-21-2006, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Please just implement what Allan said. Most (not all) of the people responding in this thread just have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone, so far I've collected information from about 20 people and still rising. Keep the comments coming :P

Comment

Yes, but I think we have other priorities.

Comment

Working...
                                X