What is TW's definition of racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
    Blueblaze, I don't understand why you would have to be racist towards something specific, for example black people. Just do what Jamal does, and call everyone and everything "dem fuks".
    For my defense, I have never been banned/warned/even used racism on TW or in real life in recent years. The point here isn't to see which racial slurs I can get away with, and which ones I cannot. The point is what defines racism on this zone, in leading to a warning or ban. Phata, my question brought more questions along the same topic, I am not trying to feed a fire, as this thread is probably the most peaceful racial discussion thread I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't say there even is a fire (Apart from Kthx/Ewan's ususalness.) My question is, is it racist to exclude certain groups from a provision, and include other groups because of people's lack of historical knowledge. Hence, the Jews are protected under racism rules, but the Native Americans arn't? Would I get banned for saying, "Die you red indian?" as significant racism has been brought among the native American culture as well as the Jews. Just because the Jews were the most recent popularized form of racism, doesn't mean its the only form that existed, nor the most recent. There is have racism in the Middle East towards other groups within Islam, as well as a whole racist movement against Middle Easterners in light of recent events. The point is, racism doesn't include just black and Jewish people, which here in TW thats about all that is covered.
    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
      Jews were targets in a partly successful extermination campaign, whereas Euro's weren't. Jews are a specific ethnic, cultural group, whereas Euros are a heterogeneous mix of religions and ethnicities.

That's where I disagree with TK's point. I don't think it should be an issue for someone to trash talk someone's nationality or religion, but I do think it should be forbidden from trash talking racial ethnicity. Nations are usually a mix of ethnicities and religious groups, so I just think it's going overboard to start regulating that too.
      Millions of europeans died during the black plague. (correct me if im wrong that class was like a few years ago).. So how can u say euros have been fine? Hitler also tried to conquer the world so notice jewish, polish, french, english people were all slaughtered. Innocent civilians. If its okay to talk shit about americans then that is allowing racism, so the rule should be redone then to say "No ethnical discrimination".. This would protect the blacks, whites, asians, etc. Recently i was banned from TW for saying "Go to africa and die." Look at that statement and show me where the racism is, there is no race of people im pointing out is there? If i can be banned for that then people should be banned for making fun of euro's or americans. Thats all.

TW STAFF, i leave you at this question: Why are people banned/warned for referring to Africa and people referring to America aren't? By doing this you are causing more racial motivated cussing due to the unequality of the racism rule enforcement. Either protect everyone or protect nobody because how things are going are pretty dumb right now. Look at the definition of racism and race in my previous post and start enforcing it correctly, protecting everyone. Or change the rule because clearly you guys just are the racist bastards yourself, like wark said, only using racism as an excuse to ban.
      Last edited by Killer Soldier; 12-26-2006, 12:58 PM.
      Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Black plague? Ugh, honestly.

Nothing personal, but you lost my attention when you used a biological pandemic as your opening counterpoint.

Comment

I don't think tw's definition of racism is any different from the dictionary.
          although they don't inforce punishment on hatred towards nationalities; euros, americans and canadians.

RACISM

1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
          -dictionary.com

Race
          1.a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
          2.any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.
          Last edited by applecheek; 12-26-2006, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Racism is a thought process, no one can control what another person thinks. TW allows anyone to think whatever they want, no restrictions.

Discrimination is a behavior, this can be controlled. TW does not allow certain behaviors, such as cheating and saying certain words which it has deemed bad for the community.

What exactly is hard to understand about this? Why do people want to expand this into more than it is? TW is not trying to do mind control. TW is not trying to save the world. TW is simply trying to provide a playing environment where everyone can come in and have some fun. If people want to go espouse some racist agenda, they can go find a blog or soapbox somewhere else. This is not rocket science, this is not some master plan that provides a ‘power sword’ to the staff. For God’s sake, let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
              I don't think tw's definition of racism is any different from the dictionary.
              although they don't inforce discrimination towards nationalities; euros, americans and canadians.

RACISM

1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
              -dictionary.com

Race
              1.a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
              2.any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.
              European isn't a nationality, but it is a group of related people by common descent.

There is a heavy use of racism in TW towards religions as well as this is not protected against. Those religions should have the same protection that the Jewish people have.

People united by common history would be a nationality, which is not protected against, unless your African.

People of common languages are not protected against racism, nor people of the same cultural traits. (Unless your Jewish or black)

Comment

I am not sure, but European is a huge diverse ethnic groups now and i think it shouldn't qualify as a race.

English 83.6%, Scottish 8.6%, Welsh 4.9%; Northern Irish 2.9%, black 2%, Indian 1.8%, Pakistani 1.3%, mixed 1.2%, other 1.6%
                Last edited by applecheek; 12-26-2006, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I think that's more British than European there Apple.
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                    I think that's more British than European there Apple.
                    :P haha

Comment

Alot of people use Rascim in this game to act funny.. which cearly they arent. It pisses me off sometimes. <_<

man but thats a different topic i think..
                      Last edited by PrOnEsSim; 12-26-2006, 04:03 PM.
                      TWLD Champion 2014
                      TWDTB Champion 2013
                      TWDTB Champion 2016
                      TWDTB Champion 2017
                      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
                        European isn't a nationality, but it is a group of related people by common descent.
                        Lol, if descent is your argument then we're all fucking related. Jesus. Can we stick to the last 10,000 years, at least?

Comment

I'm gonna be a complete ass now and point out that ... for once ... KS is completely right about his ban ... not at one point did he insult any race or anything at one time or another :P

The closest he got was possibly hinting that Africa is an easier place to die because of all the famine and shit but ... surely that's stating fact rather than being racist ...?

I wouldn't expect the racism rule to be properly written cause that's just stupid and takes alot of effort but ... staff at least need to straighten things out ... anyway ... this isn't the thread for that xD
                          9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                          9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                          9:Basti> sure
                          9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                          9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                          9:Basti> i'll score
                          9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                          9:Basti> and take the flag
                          9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                          9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

As a Moderator in Trench Wars, I thought I'd chime in. Staff only acts upon what's sent in via the ?cheater command and what they see with their own eyes. Just because one 'form' of racism isn't reported more often than not doesn't mean that TW Staff doesn't warn/ban for it.

It just so happens that the 'N' word is used more and is reported more often than any other racial slur. There is no rule about discriminating against nationalities, just race and religion (though the rules don't specifically state religion).

As far as the word 'Jew' being used as a slur and other slurs go. People being derogative/discriminate towards Jews aren't being racist. Judaism isn't a race, it's a religion. You can have black Jews just as you can have white Jews. It does become a problem though when one uses the word 'Jew' (in the wrong context) just as they would 'N*gger' to discriminate against others.

Racial and Religious (even though the rules don't specifically state religion) discrimination is illegal in Trench Wars. (I almost started to finish that statement off with: "Please desist! Any further violations will result in a ban!)
                            Last edited by Asmodeus; 12-26-2006, 05:29 PM.

Comment

For starters Subjugation, the human race is no more than 7000 years old, so everything falls under 10,000 years. Of course, I don't buy the evolutionary nonsense, so that does change my dating significantly.

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                              As a Moderator in Trench Wars, I thought I'd chime in. Staff only acts upon what's sent in via the ?cheater command and what they see with their own eyes. Just because one 'form' of racism isn't reported more often than not doesn't mean that TW Staff doesn't warn/ban for it.

It just so happens that the 'N' word is used more and is reported more often than any other racial slur. There is no rule about discriminating against nationalities, just race and religion (though the rules don't specifically state religion).

As far as the word 'Jew' being used as a slur and other slurs go. People being derogative/discriminate towards Jews aren't being racist. Judaism isn't a race, it's a religion. You can have black Jews just as you can have white Jews. It does become a problem though when one uses the word 'Jew' (in the wrong context) just as they would 'N*gger' to discriminate against others.

Racial and Religious (even though the rules don't specifically state religion) discrimination is illegal in Trench Wars. (I almost started to finish that statement off with: "Please desist! Any further violations will result in a ban!)
                              Jews are people who a specific religion, the Hebrew religion. You mentioned that the problem when someone uses the word Jew in the wrong context, then how do you know when someone says, "Die you Jew" that the person they are talking to is Jewish? They might be using the word in the right context, but they would be considered racist in TW. Same for the n-word, as what if someone is talking to a black person, they use the word in the right context, but still can be racist. As well, what about people who say Jesus/God as an interjection, they are using the word out of context, as they are not actually calling upon Jesus Christ, talking to Him, or actually refering to the real Jesus Christ. Wouldn't this be a form of racism towards the Christian religion because you are taking the Lord's name in vain, out of the proper context it should be in?

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post

So indeed my statement had no racism at all (Not even relatively close to the ballpark.) Rudy and Barton say its racist so they can ban me, due to hate or just because they both are faggets. Wark is right by saying they use stupid statements as ban excuses. Wark seems to never be wrong, weird pattern huh? So dear rudy, if your reading this, GO DIE IN AFRICA FAGGET.
                                Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Working...
                                X