TWL Radio Hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Radio Hosts

Are you interested in hosting TWL Radio? If so, then contact me in game for details.

- You should be at least somewhat known in the TW community.
    - Have basic knowledge of Winamp and Shoutcast and how they work.
    - Hosting times are flexible, upon recruitment, just let us know when you can host!
    - Have a general understanding of TWL and the teams/players participating

I would like to stress that this is not just TW Radio. The emphasis of all the shows in the near future is going to revolve around TWL and its highlights. You will have the option of taking requests, or playing your own music between updates on TWL, but the same rules govern the airwaves just as they do anywhere else in the zone. Bottom line is, provide quality entertainment, and have fun doing it! I'll see you in subspace!

Regards,
    Lizard Fuel
    Event Coordination team
    Last edited by Lizard Fuel; 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM.

This post is intended to lay the foundation for future DJ's and listeners of Trench Wars Radio of the rules and regulations during a broadcast. The following list should NOT be considered all conclusive, and TW Staff/ECT reserves the right to add to/take away from this list as required.

1. Keep it clean and tasteful. This is not exactly a family oriented event, but there will be people of all ages listening.

2. Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism. You as a DJ not only represent yourself, but your squad, and SSCU Trench Wars.

3. If you are having problems while broadcasting/connecting to a live broadcast, go here for help. - http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=86 - If you still cannot find the answers to solve your problem, use ?help or contact Lizard Fuel or Lea <ER> in game for assistance.

4. All in all, as stated above, have fun with this!! This is for all of YOU! If you have suggestions for the show, or anything else related the hosts/quality of the program, I created the email TWRadio@yahoo.com .
    Last edited by Lizard Fuel; 02-20-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

And what do we do if we can't contact you in game?

Needless to say I have experience in radio broadcasting, not only for trenchwars but previously for friends and family.

Comment

oh boy... here comes the whole <RH> saga again
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Radio hosts will not wear the <RH> tag, for they will not be a part of the Event Coordination Team. I am simply gathering a group of well known players to provide quality entertainment during TWL. So far the drama has been minimal, and I have quite a few "unexpected" hosts willing to dedicate some hours to this project. Maybe you should tune in Saturday at 12:30 PM est and check it out for yourself

Comment

I have like the last 45 minutes or so of the previous weeks TWL Radio available for download for anyone who wants it:

http://media.slopeout.com/TWLRadio-2.18.mp3

I just ask that you please don't download it 300,000 times or I'll have to pay extra for bandwidth.
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Where is crazi?
              HEATHA> i smell like ass

Comment

Crazi moved on with life. Can we please keep this thread on topic? I'm getting a shitty response.

Comment

I want to hear the pusher and concretes. thx

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                    Crazi moved on with life. Can we please keep this thread on topic? I'm getting a shitty response.
                    how is mentioning crazi in a radio thread NOT on topic? crazi was one of the best radio host in tw.
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I think his point is to give the new TW generation a chance to have an identity, rather than the "old boys" putting them down for actually trying to make the game more fun and interesting...

Stop being dicks...
                      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I want to hear chao do a radio show. he has to explain me how to shark. hehe

Comment

Players like concrete and THE PUSHER really layed the foundation with their PALLIES radio. Unfortunately, most of the "old skool" hosts are no longer available for our entertainment nowadays. So I have been entrusted to find a new batch of hosts among todays player base to provide quality shows. I dont wanna ruin it by mentioning ALL the people I have scheduled to play, but heres a few.....

Junka
                          Pearl Jam (Pallies Radio)
                          Fludd
                          STONERZ Radio
                          Kahlan
                          Hirluin

I'll leave it at that for now. Make sure you all tune in this weekend 1PM Eastern time to see who's playing!

Comment

Sticky'd.

Also, I thought Jerome's post from the other TWL Radio thread was worth re-posting in here, to consolidate the relevant info. For those that aren't aware, Jerome is a former TW Radio host and gives a few tips on having a successful show in this post:

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                            Here's my all-in-all

-You should definitely preview a song before you play it or run it by others - some of the music was kinda bad :P And not bad in a cool way (playing britney spears is funny in an ironic way) but tori amos?

-More At the Drive-In

-Save your info for between the songs. I am one of many people who CAN NOT STAND to have music interrupted - even bad music (unless it's to say you're ending it). This is why I am trading in my SUV for a single-cab pickup - so I don't have a reason to carry people who insist on talking to me when I'm blasting music, or answering their phones or in general annoying me (i'm absolutely being serious about this)

-Like I said earlier, there's a program called SAM that will help you broadcast way more professionally. It's a stabdalone program that loads up the music on your computer and basically acts as a virtual DJ - it randomly selects music based on algorithms, and it has a very professional setup that is a slight hassle to set up and learn, but once you do, you'll look at Winamp+Shoutcast as a tool of the caveman. Of course, obtaining it is... less than legal $$

Comment

I've always had a big interest in TW Radio. I remember listening to Pallies radio, Pearl Jam was most likely my favourite. I still remember him talking about subbing out blood in a twld match or something, and he cut in a song-clip.. the spec freq went nuts.

Point being, I've heard it done, and just got a new comp. So if I could find a little time to put aside, and I can contact you in game maybe I could give'r a go.
                              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Working...
                              X