TWL Radio Hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

I think it should be hosted 24/7 and we should think of more things to do to make the shows cooler (yes they are cool haha). e.g. random news bulletins, mock interviews, poke fun, funny sound effects.

Btw I just want to say thanks to everyone who has tuned into tw radio, without you guys Noddy woudn't exist and all us DJs would be very sad.

Keep up the good work everyone! Tw radio is awesome
    Last edited by Hirluin; 04-18-2007, 09:49 PM. Reason: meh
    Hirluin is now known on TW as Hirluin! <ZH>

New Zealand - home of the best Trench Wars players in the world!

DJ Hirluin on TW Radio

My awesome MySpace page :)

Comment

I'd like to see more than just weekend shows, but I'm a nerd with no life and am around tw all the time. I would listen 1-2 nights during weekdays, and both weekend days.

Comment

So whats the public impression on how radio has been doing as of late? This is of paticular interest to me now because I have been forbidden from coming anywhere near the radio department. Hirluin was hired to replace me and the population has never exceeded 20 people listening ever since. What needs to be done differently to bring back a core base of listeners to TW Radio? I think I know already, but since nobody running this takes the initiative to do this themselves, lets be constructive with this and accomplish something. Thanks.

Comment

Dunno if im just not online when it happens, but I swear the radio ad's every 5 mins have gone ... it always took about 10 ad's before id have the energy to try and connect xD
          9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
          9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
          9:Basti> sure
          9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
          9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
          9:Basti> i'll score
          9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
          9:Basti> and take the flag
          9:Inaphyt> ROFL
          9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Originally posted by DJSlayer View Post
            Dunno if im just not online when it happens, but I swear the radio ad's every 5 mins have gone ... it always took about 10 ad's before id have the energy to try and connect xD
            Whenever i am online i pester the fuck out of staff to get adverts for radio :P i'm not sure why you quit lizard, i liked your shows and what you were doing, but I think prehaps u need a bit more patience changes take time.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

It didnt need change, I had it going in the right direction already.

Comment

ive said it before radio launched. it's bound to die over time.

This time, the radio has a whole new set of hosts and supervisors. And that's the main problem.

Let's break tw population down to 3 groups. Vets, regulars, and newbies/pubbers (not saying pubbers are newbs)

Vets, they will only listen to old-school hosts such as ppl from pallies, or someone like crazi.
                Pubbers/newbies just don't care about radio, or they just arent into the zone enough yet to know what's really going on.

The only people that really listen to radio now are the so called 'regulars'. The new wave of players that plays TWD constantly. They first get interested into radio because it's new to them, since most of them came into TW after the last radio era. So for them, radio is a new thing, that they think they might get interested into. However after a while, when they see how it's ran, they lose interest, and just dont care anymore. TWL radio could have been entertaining, with live scoreboard, however due to the lag latency, people usually finds out the scores via chats way before it was announced over the radio, thus, TWL radio's only edge over TW radio is gone.

Further more, the person in charge of radio just disappeared. I do not know what exact went on there, i've heard various stories about why he just isnt active anymore. Ranging from he broke his hand, to his dad died, which, all were told by himself to staffers. With the lead MIA, radio quickyl went to the gutter cause no one organizes it anymore. Even if the replacement came in pretty quick, the damage was big enough already to further murder radio as a whole.
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I'd just beg to differ with that. My main issue right now is getting the old hosters back. Pearl Jam has already rejoined Radio and said he will do it regularly and more like the old style in which he did skits, etc. PUSHER is hopefully going to do it also as well. I think with them back, radio will get even more upbeat than it is currently. One of the main problem with our hosters now, besides PJ and the others, is that they just tend to play music without talking. That is going to change. The leader of Radio has been Hirluin! <ZH> and Lea <ER> for a while, and will remain that way for now, unless something drastic changes. Having around 45+ people listen in to PJ during play off time during TWL isn't that bad for his second time coming back. The more we get the older hosters back, the more loyal listeners we are bound to have.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                    It didnt need change, I had it going in the right direction already.
                    The change I was refering to was from before, when there was no radio for 2 years.

Like neth some people in staff are/were not keen on bringing radio back. They are entitled to their view.

However myself I though why not, and tryed to help.

I LIKED what you were doing with radio. Personally I would prefer you were running things still. I thought you did a better and more committed job than the current people running it (However I fully support the Lea and Hirlin!). However thats one of reasons I as with some other people who were working with radio was annoyed with you when you quit. Especially when you cited lack of staff support as one of your reasons. Its a kick in the teeth for the people who were working hard on it.
                    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-21-2007, 07:11 AM.
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Too lazy to quote nethilas thread. I took a few days off a while ago due to "family complications", and when I returned, I saw Hirluin was given zh and hired to "help" me with radio. Well we see how much good that has done. I didn't need nor want the help. I only want to gather enough support on here to be able to take over my radio again, before you guys finish burying what I worked so hard on to bring back. Left_Eye, put aside our differences and let me save radio, I'm the only one that cares enough anymore that can make a difference.

Comment

Are you listening to yourself?

Seriously.
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I don't think there's any appeal to TW radio unless the person hosting has a lot of personality. I think it should be restricted to weekends only, so the shows can be more "special." Then again I never have listened to it so I am probably not who you're looking for. I'd happily listen if PJ or Pusher or someone I knew was hosting, but I can't imagine why I'd want to listen to some random dude on the internet pick my songs when I can just do it myself.

Another thing that might help is describing the music being played. I pretty much assume that it's going to be really lame music, but if I saw an ad saying "blah blah blah is playing some really obscure stuff, check it out" I'd probably give him a song or two, obviously more if I liked it. Likewise, people who like Linkin Park and Staind or whatever might tune in if they saw "Blah blah blah is playing the same shit your local radio plays! Check it out!" The ads I see seem like they are saying "Lea <ZH> is hosting radio!!! ?go radio!" Since I don't know Lea, it'd be nice to know what kind of stuff she's playing.

I've thought about asking to try hosting, but I came to the conclusion that I would have to be alone in my house or I'd be embarrassed that I was hosting radio for an internet game, and I'm never alone here, heh.
                          5:gen> man
                          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Do you need a mic or any experience to become a radio host?
                            TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                            TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                            TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                            First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

You only need a mic as far as I know. But you do have to send in a 10 min recording unless you are famous from the last time Radio ran.

Interested in becoming a radiohost? TW Radio is currently looking for energetic; interesting & fun hosts! If you think you got what it takes - email your 10 mins demo to djhirluin@gmail.com.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                                Too lazy to quote nethilas thread. I took a few days off a while ago due to "family complications", and when I returned, I saw Hirluin was given zh and hired to "help" me with radio. Well we see how much good that has done. I didn't need nor want the help. I only want to gather enough support on here to be able to take over my radio again, before you guys finish burying what I worked so hard on to bring back. Left_Eye, put aside our differences and let me save radio, I'm the only one that cares enough anymore that can make a difference.
                                man i've only got one saviour and two words for you:

pearl jam
                                Originally posted by turmio
                                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                                Originally posted by grand
                                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                                X