Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbles19518 View Post
    "If its not broken, don't fix it"

I've got an argument for zeebu's point. Elim isnt broken. People still play elim. Lots of people still play elim. So please don't fuck with it by combining it with belim. It could not mess elim up at all OR it could mess it up, I'd rather not chance it.

There are plenty of other ways to get more people to play baseelim
    1. Remove ?go javs
    2. Remove ?go javduel
    3. Fix the Rankings

Think outside the box please.
    Why take away all those arenas, people spent time making? javs and javduel being gone wouldn't help beelim, it would just piss of alot of javs, and make the javelin situation even worse. Your being unfair bub, I know you like elim and wbing, but don't be selfish.

There is a problem with elim, it may not be broken, but why do we always have to wait until something gets overly-fucked up broken before anyone trys to do anything. We are thinking outside the box here man, you just sound like your terrified at the thought of javs taking over elim. Elim wasn't always just wbs you know, and like we've said. TRY IT, for like a week. It can have no actual harm if we just tried if for a damn week.

Suck it up buttercup, nobody likes a complainer.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I don't like elims, I prefer playing with other people. Belim was too much of a sucky truce/team arena to me anyway.
      Tourny and javduel are much better than belim will ever be.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

What skills does baseelim work on anyway? It's pretty much ?go javs at a higher level... but what's the difference? If you're looking for team play (what really matters, especially for TWLJ) join a TWJD team and/or start up some javduels. If you're looking for partner play, you have tournament. If you're looking for 1 on 1 play, which a lot of baseelim turns out to be, aside from the 3rd party vulching which carries no weight in LJ matches, then you have ?go duel and tourny, and to a lesser extent ?go javs.

Elim and baseelim are just about fun these days. They don't work on any applicable skill besides playing in an environment different than that of the TWLJ map. It gives you a great chance to test your aim and dodging to see how many newbies you can kill before you're out of lives. If that's the argument you're looking for, then there are plenty of hosted and non-hosted jav maps with a lot more creativity than the new baseelim map, and even the old one.

Keep it as it is, you're just going to see more people speccing every other round to hurry on to the next elim round. Perhaps at first people will be intrigued by the new idea, but over time it's going to get on a lot of daily elimer's nerves.

Comment

We are currently fixing the elim/belim ranking system. Once that's done, their population should be back to normal. or at least increase. esp for belim
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
            Why take away all those arenas, people spent time making? javs and javduel being gone wouldn't help beelim, it would just piss of alot of javs, and make the javelin situation even worse. Your being unfair bub, I know you like elim and wbing, but don't be selfish.

There is a problem with elim, it may not be broken, but why do we always have to wait until something gets overly-fucked up broken before anyone trys to do anything. We are thinking outside the box here man, you just sound like your terrified at the thought of javs taking over elim. Elim wasn't always just wbs you know, and like we've said. TRY IT, for like a week. It can have no actual harm if we just tried if for a damn week.

Suck it up buttercup, nobody likes a complainer.
            Taking away javduel and javs WOULD help bring belim population back up. One of the reasons its dead right now is because you have three main jav arenas, and not as big of a jav population. Removing the javs/javduel would not piss off the jav population, it would force them to play belim.

Notice that elim/wbduel are always full of people, because there are enough wbs to play both arenas at the same time and keep them full.

Im not complaining, I just don't want you to to include elim in the solution to your dying map. When I said think outside the box, I meant figure out other ways, which there are plenty of.

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
            Why take away all those arenas, people spent time making?
            Both ?go javs and ?Go javduel are basically rips of ?go twjd... Who ever spent time making probably spent more time uploading them than they did creating them. If it makes you feel any better I'd be happy to go delete them myself to save everyone some time.
            -Bubbles
            Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
            Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

eragon, you still havent really given a good reason why a week of this would hurt anyone

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Let's leave the jav arenas, fix the ranking system for belim, and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                  We are currently fixing the elim/belim ranking system. Once that's done, their population should be back to normal. or at least increase. esp for belim
                  Who cares about ranking?

And if you would remove ?go javs, it's easy to go to an other map and jav there with everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                    Who cares about ranking?

And if you would remove ?go javs, it's easy to go to an other map and jav there with everyone!
                    No, cuz then we would all have to wait after 10 deaths is up, so it's not as easy to jav :P

I dont see the point in removing a map ppl like just for the nostalgia of another arena. Make belim like it used to be with the rankings and see which is more popular.

Comment

I thought ?go Javs was for jav teams. But nobody hosts it anymore. It doesn't seem like as many people play elim as they use to. Rarely are there at least fifteen people playing a single round. When the arenas were combined you could get 25 people playing easily. It's also more fun when you have a mix of players, because everyone in baseelim tends to be obsessed with javing, which makes the games less fun for people who aren't hardcore javers, and scares away newer players.
                      Sit down.
                      Stand up.
                      Walk into
                      The jaws of hell.
                      Anytime. Anytime.
                      We can wipe you out

Comment

Meh you people are stupid. You can't just delete an arena besides taking off the bar warp and stuff. It is too easy to just have a ?go #javs or ?go #twlj to go play in instead, it might even be better, like #myth for basing was. Less newbies, invite only.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                          Aw thats great news man! Think it will be fixed within 2 months?
                          Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                            eragon, you still havent really given a good reason why a week of this would hurt anyone
                            My reason is that combining the arenas should be a LAST resort, not the first thing we try.

Why don't you try fixing rankings first, add streaks to belim permanently, take away bot warp and streaks in ?go javs... Consider having the bot warp you in base in baseelim.

One of the reasons belim is dying is because ?Go javs is a better arena. Think about it. I can ?go javs, play as much javelin, as long as I want, with usually over 15+ people. Plus, I don't even have to wait to get into base, the bot kindly warps me there whenever I die. Nobody really talks shit, its very relaxed.

Baseelim is full of over-weight vets who whine and cry each time you kill them. When you die, it takes 10-15 seconds to get back to base. When you get out, you have to wait 10 minutes until the next round starts. The ranking system doesnt work, so nobody knows how good you are, there are no streaks, nothing to make the game interesting, just fly and die 10 times... Then more waiting. Then when your done waiting its terr elim to 3 or cloaker race to 3... Great.

Personally I think the population of trenchwars has shifted. The serious javs now play twjd, everyone else doesnt want to wait 10 minutes for a round to start, they want to fly around mindlessly and kill people. In with the old, out with the new. Baseelim was a good map, it served its purpose, now its time for a change. Stop beating a dead horse.
                            -Bubbles
                            Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                            Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

anyone else take this as a clear indicator that javs suck?
                              -Dave

Comment

I hate javs, the only reason I play there is if nothing else is going on.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                                1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                                1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                                ---
                                5:waven> freeze
                                5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                                5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                                5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                                5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                                5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                                5:Freeze> LOL
                                5:waven> that's how things work around here
                                --
                                1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Working...
                                X