Merge the Elims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
    anyone else take this as a clear indicator that javs suck?
    I second that!
    Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
    Originally posted by Cig Smoke
    Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

I think merging baseelim with elim will be very the same as ?go tourny where they only play javelin and maybe 1 out of 15 times warbird or a random choice.

Removing arena's like ?go javs will make baseelim more crouwded but I don't think it's the best way to solve the problem.
      Putting the old baseelim back will help a bit but this is an personal opinion so maybe vote about it?
      Perhaps add streaks in ?go baseelim
      Perhaps add warpbar in ?go baseelim
      Perhaps fix ranking system + website ( Not sure if they are already busy with this )

Still I think oldskool baseelim map plus rules are the best though but that's my opinion and times change.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
        What skills does baseelim work on anyway?
        f you're looking for team play (what really matters, especially for TWLJ) join a TWJD team and/or start up some javduels. If you're looking for partner play, you have tournament. If you're looking for 1 on 1 play, which a lot of baseelim turns out to be, aside from the 3rd party vulching which carries no weight in LJ matches, then you have ?go duel and tourny, and to a lesser extent ?go javs.
        I do miss a decent place to vulch. Probably the best thing with javs.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm View Post
          I'm talking about when It use to always be like that bud.
          well then maybe you should type so people understand that you meant "always be like that",it sounded exactly that, "remember when we had once the whole map open!"
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

i miss the old days of magi koz and follow the leader in belim
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to merge them. The thing is belim has evolved into ?go javs. Cut and dry, people want a place to practice TWJD javving, and pub doesn't cut it. So this is their "pub".
              DELETED

Comment

Merge them, anyone who cares about tw would let them be merged. that could spark some wbs tryin out jav then bring back jav a little dunno why u guys being little dikes and saying NOOOHHH NAWHHAHHSH, just stfu.crying little pussies
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Ok wasn't their a thread about this a few months back?

Second, which map would you like to get back on, dynasty?
                  The one with the two bars in the top and bottom of the warbirdarena, the map that had no doors or the first map with doors.Because I like what they have done with the javarena. Surely not the round wbarena...

I don't really care about the map, because like some other smart players, I know skill is more important than knowing a few shots. Most of the times I play this game, I really get bored repeating the same shots. So I find it thrilling that I can implement my skill in the search of new shots or just use my skills to outsmart or outplay my opponents.

Third, merging is a good idea, but so is fixing that darn weaselbug the bot has. I think staff is preoccupied with getting wasted and partying all night long. (Except Scoop, he has no life :x)

So, hm we'll just have to wait...

Ps: Javs are popular. I still wonder why nobody is playing baseelim and everyone seems to play ?go javs. Maybe the streaks and the barwarp? Hm, I doubt that.
                  Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to merge them. The thing is belim has evolved into ?go javs. Cut and dry, people want a place to practice TWJD javving, and pub doesn't cut it. So this is their "pub".
                  I agree with that Dameon, but elim is as good as practice for twdl as baseelim SHOULD be for twjl.
                  Last edited by PolluX; 03-12-2007, 08:47 PM.
                  some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                  1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                  1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

SHOULD is the key word. The thing is, like I said before. You have people who have this new found public for TWJD/LJ practice (with teams or solo), with the added bonus of stat tracking and streaks. The general progression before was...

Warbirds: Public -> elim/wbduel/TWEL -> TWDD -> TWLD
                    Javelins: baseelim/javduel/TWEL -> TWJD -> TWLJ

There is that void that ?go javs fills (Javs -> baseelim/javduel ...)

With the rise of ?go tourny, you have, on the weekends, what seems to be a take over of both elims to this almost new school practice arena.

If you want belim to come back you have a couple options, neither of them are all too pretty.

1.) Remove stat tracking and bot coverage from ?go javs
                    2.) Merge the Elims, again, but push Tourny to Thursday to Sunday
                    3.) Increase stat tracking in ?go javs to have some sort of TWEL-style ranking system to freeform javving.

But, I think we have to settle with the fact that the e-sport has evolved. A lot of us old schoolers do wish to hold onto that "back in the day" feel, but, we sometimes need to come to grips with change. It's not easy, but it's a necessity in life as well as this game.
                    DELETED

Comment

Elim should never have been split in the first place.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Why not just get rid of belim.It's useless. Just run ?go tourny all the time or Thurs-Sun like Dameon said. Do timed games in ?go javs or make ?go javs like elim. Keep the Bar warp and streaks. Call it ?go javelim. Change the Map in ?go elim to the map in ?go final or #final or -Final- it's tight take a look.
                        OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                          Elim should never have been split in the first place.
                          dude aren't you on staff? Someone with balls on staff make this idea happen.

......It's so easy: Someone in staff, just dedicate a week of your life to change it back.

Who cares if newbies cry for a week. If everyone hates it, you will absolutely hear about it, and then you change it back.

Why are simple things impossible to do in this zone?.....What do you have to take a majority vote, ask the public, ask the smods, pray to Allah, give animal sacrifices --- cmon now, just do it.....click some buttons and do it
                          lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                          1:sleuth> sup
                          1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                          1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                          1:sleuth> ?
                          1:revolt> rofl
                          1:revolt> ur so bad
                          1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                          1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                          1:sleuth> i dont get it
                          1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Lol merge them again. Elim is running fine without the javs. ?go javs and tourny thats taken over by javs. Don't let elim be like that. Dont force people to play jav that only wanna play wb. Some people dont like the yellow thing. Should they suffer because all the javs are in go javs or tourny. I say NO NO.
                            Kyace <ER>> I could use a good laugh, go ahead cheat and pretend to be dumb.

1:lemar> still gonna flame bc 247

Galleleo> where is all this lag coming from?
                            dL.Chao> Gall
                            Fairlights> ur anus?
                            dL.Chao> Stop whining
                            dL.Chao> You lost because you suck

(RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by BrItIsH:
                            (RoboHelp)>I don't want to know your name, I just want.. Bang bang bang!
                            (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :BrItIsH:<Message>.

Comment

actually, that's one fine argument carnivale
                              some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                              1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                              1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivale View Post
                                Lol merge them again. Elim is running fine without the javs. ?go javs and tourny thats taken over by javs. Don't let elim be like that. Dont force people to play jav that only wanna play wb. Some people dont like the yellow thing. Should they suffer because all the javs are in go javs or tourny. I say NO NO.
                                The point I've been making to make this whole time.
                                -Bubbles
                                Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                                Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X