TW Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Revolution

This idea is so great that it must have been brought up by now but here it is anyways: A new command for squadowners to enter a "Squad Message". This message will appear to everyone in the squad when they login. Scheduling a match and you don't have a forum? Here's your chance to spread the word without having to flood the system with individual ?messages. Want to discuss recruits or strategy or just want to axe someone publicly without waiting til they actually login? Here's your opportunity. Or maybe you just want to change the message everyday with a new joke to keep your squad feeling fresh! I don't know how we've come so far without implementing this incredible option. Expect TW population to double within weeks of this new feature.

And here's another idea which is definately not as good or in any way feasible, but sure sounds cool. And the best part is, we can market it! Here's how it goes. First, we start saving everything that gets said in TW, including private messages. Then, we create a search engine which can automatically find specific keywords. Then, a player can pay 10$ and get a list of all of the things that he missed that were ever said about him! Pay extra for private messages and things said in other squad chats. Sell everything thats left over to the FBI. Open up million dollar marketing campaign with all of Eelam's money and watch popluation go even higher. Let the TW revolution begin.

For your idea: ?find messagebot

Create a channel for your squad. Sign everyone up and message away.
    DELETED

Comment

what about my second idea dameon, get busy

fucking slacker

Comment

lol since the messagebot currently exists and is severely neglected, I suggest more squads use it. The end. I'm sure the most common uses for messagebot is staff, getting certain announcements out, but squads should use it, too. It would also slow down the squad hoppers, because those who don't take time to join the channel aren't loyal enough. Just a thought. Find some way to encourage the messagebot to squad owners
        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

I agree, messagebot is the shiznit, hell comeone, if wima used it...ANYONE can, :P

Comment

Amazing!!!
            :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Second suggestion: TW's server is essentially just a carefully-hacked version of the one that VIE used to run originally. Were we to run something like ASSS instead, maybe we'd be able to monitor private and chat messages, but thankfully we're not and Big Brother does not exist in the sense you're talking about. What this means, though, is that our bots are just pretend-players with mighty access levels and fast fingers. They can't do anything a player can't do, such as be on every chat channel at once or snoop PMs. This is the biggest limitation as far as less-modern SS developers go (speaking of TW here). If you're on a more progressive zone that can run server-side bots, on the other hand, you can do amazingly clever things like construct packets specifically for individual players, a la Hyperspace ... and who knows what the hell else.

Comment

:spybot:*log
                (spybot)> Thu Oct 25 13:40:07: ph <ZH>> I kissed a girl today well I think it was a girl I didn't lift its hind leg to check.
                ?find dads revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  For your idea: ?find messagebot

Create a channel for your squad. Sign everyone up and message away.
                  (MessageBot)>Sorry, you need to be a ZH+ to create a channel.

im quite interested in doing this, maybe ill just send a help

edit : thanks lea
                  Last edited by WuTang420; 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM.
                  Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                  1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  caco <ER>> duel me for it
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Working...
                  X