This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate Flag

I was accosted by BH822 and The Pusher twice in the last week for wearing the "confederate flag" as my banner. They say it supports hate. Being from a "southern" state, I find this assertion to be absolutely ridiculous. The confederate flag was just a banner that was a symbol of a nation. To attach the stigma that the flag supports hate is ridiculous. We all know that every nation on earth has skeletons in their closets, why aren't we addressing these issues? Why do the pathetic staffers who make the rules of this game get to determine what does and doesn't define hate? Was it just because the south supported slavery? Because if so, I don't think that any flag that supports any nation like Egypt or Brazil, South Africa, and any nation that was a colonial empire because lord knows they just went into the land and "claimed" it. The English flag was flying when they massacred 2 million+ indians in the Americas. The Spanish flag has that same history to deal with, if not worse. What fucking sack of shit can tell me that the Confederate flag supports hate, and that other flags that have flown over nations where people were slaughtered based off of their religious beliefs or cultural differences doesn't? Where is the line drawn? What about Germany or Russia where flags were flying when mass executions were taking place? I consider those to be infinitely more related to hate and death than the american confederate flag. What do you people think about all of this shit?

ps
    "(adam <ER>)>anyway, that flag is racist"-obviously our staff is filled with a bunch of misinformed shit faces who ruin the fun of the game for so many people, way more than they ever promote it.

-oh and I am not trying to get people to hate BH8 or Push they are alright by me, they are good staffers. And Push does do a lot for TW, so I mean I am thankful for that I suppose.-
    Last edited by Andy Rooney; 03-13-2003, 07:16 PM.

Maybe they dont' like rednecks who were against the Union.

Wouldn't that make THEM racist?!

Comment

Re: Confederate Flag

Originally posted by Andy Rooney
      The confederate flag was just a banner that was a symbol of a nation.
      The confederacy was never a nation, but the confederate flag does have a long history of being associated with racial discrimination. Frankly, this wreaks of disgruntled thirteen year old trouble making more than genuine political outrage.

Take a history class, change your banner to "ATTENTION WHORE", and go find something better to do than annoy staff when you're tired of getting raped in pub.

p.s. Pennsylvania (snicker) does not qualify as the South, and Virginia's pushing it.

Comment

Wadi do u know what zyklon-b is, besides your old speedball squad?
        :yawn:

Comment

Wadi is brilliant, make this man a smod

Originally posted by wadi
          Frankly, this wreaks of disgruntled thirteen year old trouble making more than genuine political outrage.
          I have never seen that thought so clearly articulated. I thank you Wadi for clearing this all up. That's been exactly my feeling ever since Annux started his whole shit storm oh so long ago.

If anyone (Andy for example) still doesn't understand why their lobbying hasn't been successful, I'll post the quote again.

Originally posted by wadi
          Frankly, this wreaks of disgruntled thirteen year old trouble making more than genuine political outrage.
          In short, the people of the TW 'nation' realize you are just an adolescent making trouble.
          Spider
          Formerly EEK! A Spider!
          Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Ban Censorship, Not Free Thinkers

Andy has a point. The confederate flag is a modern state flag, a representation of a nation (and yes Wadi, it WAS a nation, you should read your history book, not carry it around. Thats like saying Texas wassn't a nation, it was its own country for 11 years. Hence the nickname "Lone Star") that had many other aspects than supporting slavery. I find the American Flag extremely offensive. Americans support bigotry, have slaughtered thousands in the name of god, nationalism, and pride. Racism made this country what it is today. Look at world war two, and the imprisonment and murder of hundreds of American-Japanese. Using the mainstream media as a source for information is bullshit, and the Pusher should follow the concept of "Make Sure Brain is In Gear Before Engaging Mouth"
            -Endure
            Endure has been removed for not obeying rules

Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds

Comment

First of all, you are ignorant. The south was a nation. It may not have been a state, but it was most certainly a nation. If you cannot distinguish between the two, then you have no part in this discussion. Second of all, what about Kenya where there is more killings based off of differences, albeit ethical rather than racial, than there ever was in the South. I would love to see you come down to Virginia and tell some of these people that they are not part of the South. I have a good feeling you would out yourself in a very awkward situation. Oh and by the way, the fucking capital of the south was in Richmond, and last I checked that was still the capital of VIRGINIA. I mean, in all honesty I really think you need to take a political science class and a sociology course before even spewing your trash onto this thread.

edit: I posted this without seeing Endure's post. Sorry for the redundancy.

Comment

in my history class there is a giant confederate flag soaring above the back of the class. I asked my teacher about it and he said there was nothing wrong with this flag and it is all ancient hsitory.

I was downtown with some friends and we saw a rusty dodge caravan drive by with a big confederate flag flying off the antenna. I looked in the window and saw an elderly asian couple in the vehicle.

the mods just dont like you. They are out to get you personally and that is why you were asked to remove it

THE FLAG IS MEANT SYBOLIZE THAT YOU ARE A REBEL

Comment

Rooney, as much as I hate your fucking guts, I must concur. The South may not have been recognized officially as a Nation, but it was a bonded culture with a strong sense of nationalism, brought together by the one main element that distinguished the south: slavery. Being one of the main causes of the Civil War (but not the primary one), slavery has been an issue up to this very day. I admit slavery was wrong, but I do feel that the racism that is still bickered about to day is just out of line. It was well over 100 years ago. Let's put the past behind us. Concerning the flag, it was a symbol of the South, which, as I mentioned, was a symbol of an area with a strong sense of nationalism. The Mods were being stupid if this is the kind of shit that they have to be picky about. Staff, you have bigger worries than one player wearing a Confederate banner. So for God's sake, ease up.

P.S.
                  Originally posted by Tobe
                  Wadi do u know what zyklon-b is, besides your old speedball squad?
                  Didn't you quit?
                  Last edited by Fit of Rage; 03-13-2003, 09:39 PM.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

n00bs one and all.

No, slavery was not the only main issue. It was an issue, but CURRENCY was also another huge issue to the South.

Before the Civil War, the north argued to change the National Reserves over from Silver to Gold...thus, Silver lost its value. The South put their whole fortunes into Silver, but regardless, the nation changed over anyway. Many, many issues influenced the Civil War.

Slavery is just the one that gets all the publicity, thanks to the public school systems/media. Liberalism=lies/smudged truth

Comment

However the *** do use the Southern Cross, or Confederate Flag as their symbol. The Stars and Bars too I believe.

Usually the people I see with that flag are rednecks who pray to God and to Dale Earnhardt, who want to blow your head off if your a northerner.

If your not any of those people I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I do see where Push is coming from.
                      1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

if you think that way commanderender maybe you are more of a facist then them. And what if the K.K.K. started using the Canadian flag as a symbol of hate, would it be outlawed too?

Comment

Yeah, that flag should be banned, it is SO FREAKING UGLY.

ugly
                          ugly
                          ugly

K, I think I got my point across.
                          Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

No, but they would change a nice flag into their own symbol of evil :/
                            1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

Oh yeah don't forget Japan. The Raping of Nanking. 20,000 women raped, 200,000 people killed when they invaded China. That is a flag of hate if I have ever seen one. Why isn't that banned?

Comment

Working...
                              X