Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More advertisement for Continuum

Greetings,

As many of you know, Continuum's player base has shrunk dramatically in the last few years. Continuum is desperate for new blood. This is why we are already advertising Continuum through Mpogd.com. I've come up with another plan. I'm going to advertise Continuum on several huge chat forums. Including the biggest forum on the internet.

I have already prepared a nice amount of text for this, and I'm going to make some good screenshots soon to back up my story. I can however use your help. I'm still looking for several medium-size banners for Continuum. Also, I am very interested in seeing 3d ship art, but I'm not sure whether there is any. If anyone can help me find this, or if anyone can make this him/herself, I will gratefully put it in my advert. Of course, all copyrights etc. are yours.

Please help me out with either links to existing pictures, banners etc. or send me your home-made things. If you've got anything, message me ingame, or join chat=advert.

30/11/2007
    I've completed everything to do with ship profiles, gifs and pictures.
    Right now, I'm looking for:
    • User reviews
    • Screenshots

29/11/2007
    The unliked one is working on the tutorial area. I've also found numerous 3d models of all the ships, with help of "No_remorse". Now I'm still looking for:
    • Posters made with photobucket, paint shop, etcetera.
    • Numerous screenshots.
    • User reviews.
    25/11/2007
    I think we're going to need a ?go tutorial by the time I post my thread on the forums. This would definetely help the new players a lot, and is definetely promoting them to stay. The tutorial map from DSB can definetely be used to work with. Still looking for:
    • Colourful banners
    • Colourful posters, both big and small
    • Awesome screenshots that show what the game is like. Not just your 300 bounty in public 12.
    • 3D models of all the ships.
    • User reviews. Write a piece about how long you've been playing Continuum, why you play it, what's so great about it etc. Describe the game, and while doing so advertise it. All your reviews will be posted in a section of my threads. You will also be entered into the credits/thanks to..

Thank you.

Regards,

Hakkinen. B)
    Last edited by hak; 11-30-2007, 10:56 AM.

I know a few players who are into design and graphics, hell even one is a print master! We will get some stuff coming your way. Also I have some great screenshots that I will gladly send.
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.trenchwars.org/downloads/...ing/poster.jpg

Marketing poster from TUO, very nice if you ask me.

Au Revoir,
      Gsus
      1:Shan> Ill give $10 to the one who comes up with a solution, for stop making me play slots
      1:Lagua> go to rehab
      1:Lagua> just like I did
      1:Gsus> Lagua wins $10
      1:Lagua> LOL GSUS
      1:Acumo> LOLZ
      1:Lagua> OMFG ROFL

Comment

Poster

Originally posted by gsus View Post
        http://www.trenchwars.org/downloads/...ing/poster.jpg

Marketing poster from TUO, very nice if you ask me.

Au Revoir,
        Gsus
        This poster isn't bad, too bad it has this rookie typing mistake in it. (mas-sively)
        That ship drawing is exactly what I'm looking for though. Does anyone know whether there are more of these? I'm looking for small to medium-sized 3d ship models.

Regards,

Hakkinen B)

Comment

Good to see some player initiatives like these. If you need 3D art contact some of the devvers, they might have some in stock

Comment

Advertise

Originally posted by Nycle View Post
            Good to see some player initiatives like these. If you need 3D art contact some of the devvers, they might have some in stock
            Sure thing. I'd love to this game stay for as long as possible. Wouldn't you?
            If there's anyone actually interested in helping me bits and pieces, feel free to join chat=advert.

Regards,

Hakkinen B)

Comment

I thought these were pretty awesome banners. Follow the link, scroll to somewhere near the bottom third of the page and you'll see them...

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...t=32075&page=2
              truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
              "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
              Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
              Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

Yeah we are making ?go tutorial and about that poster, it was 4 am when I made and didn't give a fuck about my mistakes in it but i still have the psd so i can edit it ez pz. Oh boy.. Jab said he has 3d models of all the ships in here including the nightwasp (probably taken from the 3d project of continuum.. was it thirdspace or something). So yeah.. I think this is pretty well undercontrol.

PS. I have loads of screenshot with big bangs $$
                2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
                2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
                2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
                2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
                2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
                2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
                --
                1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
                1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

I'm a graphic designer, so if there's stuff you want let me know in more detail HAK.

I can see if there are more devvers interested.

I also have some plans for the Nightwasp under way, let's see how that goes...
                  (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                  5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                  1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                  1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

heya Hak!

Definitely glad to see more players pitching in on spreading the word. You're welcome to use any of the graphics I've put together (I think a link to the forum I posted them in was posted) but for ease of access, I throw everything here:
                    http://www.codegrrrl.com/contbanners/

Most of the pieces I used in the banners were copied directly from getcontinuum.com. Permission was asked, and granted so long as "I link back to getcontinuum.com" (doh!). If you reload the getcontinuum.com homepage, each of the ships will eventually show up.. of course, cropping the backgrounds out isn't an easy task, so hopefully other developers will be able to provide the 3d models of the ships... and hey, maybe I'll get a copy so I have it easier next time too I've been juggling web dev/bot dev projects and stay pretty busy but if I can tweak any graphics for you, just let me know.

-ali

Comment

gj hak.
                      do or die

Comment

Halleluja.

Rudy's true form; The Bombergod.

Last edited by hak; 11-30-2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hak, there are 3D ship 1-8 for download from SSDownloads I believe (I had them a long time ago). And they're 360 degrees too!
                          AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Advertisement

Thank you for your help so far Acidbomber, and everyone else.

I have a couple of questions primarily to you Acidbomber:
                            Are there 360 degree .gifs for the Shark? And is there a Leviathan one that isn't broken? Also, is there a 3d model (not 360 degrees) of the Shark?

Besides that, I'm looking for any 'awards' the game has won so far. I've mentioned a 9.7/10 on Gamespot.com, Game of the month August 2000, May 2002 and November 2007 on mpogd.com with a 9.5/10 average.

Thanks. I'm about to finish everything up, except for the user review, screenshot and banner parts. Help is very welcome

Regards,

Hakkinen B)

Comment

Hmmm, here's the link for you:

http://ssdownloads.com/index.php?act=list&cat=20

I didnt download them but you can check them out! :P
                              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Working...
                              X