Town Hall Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town Hall Game Discussion

I will be holding a meeting of anyone and everyone who wants to help move this game in the opposite direction its heading now. It will be held the Sunday March 2nd at 3pm est. The time might change but I will update this at that time. Let's show some support and bring anyone that can help with our situation. I will be taking all suggestions and will put forth some ideas I have .Thanks

Pure_Luck

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
    I will be holding a meeting of anyone and everyone who wants to help move this game in the opposite direction its heading now. It will be held the Sunday March 2nd at 3pm est. The time might change but I will update this at that time. Let's show some support and bring anyone that can help with our situation. I will be taking all suggestions and will put forth some ideas I have .Thanks

Pure_Luck
    hold it a few hours earlier and i can come!

Comment

I would like to hold it earlier...

Comment

That time is gonna be a problem for few, perhaps have 2 meetings (if it isn't a huge mess)? :/
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
        2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
        --
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

I've been trying to pry some players that turned me onto trenchwars in 2001 away from WOW

From what they said it was the graphics, not the community or game play style that drove em away.

I will however make sure to spread the word on my ?chats about this meeting..hopefully we will get some good mojo flowing in tw.

P.S. - Unliked..all your base belong to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Think positive, all that negative thinking is bringing the zone down.

It's what YOU make of it, nothing is wrong in TW.

The only fact is everyone is getting older and has other more important things to do so they don't play tw that often anymore.

Comment

Yeah I have a friend that won't play it because the graphics

Comment

Who cares about graphics, I like this game because it has simple graphics.

No urgent need for me to play a game which has impressive graphics. I rather play this than any other high-res games.

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                  Who cares about graphics, I like this game because it has simple graphics.
                  I get that too. People don't play this because it's not graphically attractive.

When people think about "good graphics" they think to Gears of War, Uncharted, Call of Duty. But, you can get good graphics in games like LocoRoco, Katamari Damacy, Super Mario Galaxy, and Maple Story. All games with graphics that are attention to art and style, not realism.

Subspace is an ugly looking game with a good personality.
                  DELETED

Comment

it's a chat client with a spaceship mini-game, the quality of which is the same as those cheap games that come preloaded on cell phones (although, in all fairness, the bowling game on my phone does kick loads of ass).

good luck with your meeting, though. i hope you save the chat client from certain death!!!!!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                    Originally posted by the_paul
                    Gargle battery acid fuckface
                    Originally posted by Material Girl
                    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                      it's a chat client with a spaceship mini-game, the quality of which is the same as those cheap games that come preloaded on cell phones (although, in all fairness, the bowling game on my phone does kick loads of ass).

good luck with your meeting, though. i hope you save the chat client from certain death!!!!!!!!!!
                      so why did you become staff?

Comment

it's like a roll in the sack with another guy. you gotta do it at some point just to say "yeah, i did it". and buddy, i did it. and it was good.

the gay sex, i mean.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to start listing issues to be discussed in the meeting right here on this thread.

Although this isn't really a big issue... To register on the TW forum, one has to show somehow that they've downloaded the game & installed it. (i'm not quite sure how this works.) Anyway, the point is, it helps to play the game if you wanna have a voice in community. On the same token, I think that those working with privileged rights & powers on the forum should be required a minimum in-game quota of usage time to maintain their moderating position on the forum... and this doesn't mean 3 hours a week in 'AFK'. It means doing some quality PR; speaking, playing & interacting with the users. Ideally, using the experience by taking mental notes on ideas that would improve the community in general... The goal: to make a family-like community; where everyone can get along and share their day.

Also, how about a little transparency in governing the forums?
                          • Like explaining what the hell these numbers with the infractions mean?
                          • and getting rid of vague wording in the rules like "etc."
                          • not allowing forum staff members to be so quick in closing threads about them. How about waiting until the thead dies, so everybody has had a chance to speak their peace on the issue.
                          • and put forum staff on a higher standard, where anything less than cordial & diplomatic will not be tolerated. In other words, staff isn't allowed to be DISrespecting assholes. It should be a "Customer is always right" attitude with a little applied diplomacy.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
                            I think it would be a good idea to start listing issues to be discussed in the meeting right here on this thread.

Although this isn't really a big issue... To register on the TW forum, one has to show somehow that they've downloaded the game & installed it. (i'm not quite sure how this works.) Anyway, the point is, it helps to play the game if you wanna have a voice in community. On the same token, I think that those working with privileged rights & powers on the forum should be required a minimum in-game quota of usage time to maintain their moderating position on the forum... and this doesn't mean 3 hours a week in 'AFK'. It means doing some quality PR; speaking, playing & interacting with the users. Ideally, using the experience by taking mental notes on ideas that would improve the community in general... The goal: to make a family-like community; where everyone can get along and share their day.

• not allowing forum staff members to be so quick in closing threads about them. How about waiting until the thead dies, so everybody has had a chance to speak their peace on the issue.
                            • and put forum staff on a higher standard, where anything less than cordial & diplomatic will not be tolerated. In other words, staff isn't allowed to be DISrespecting assholes. It should be a "Customer is always right" attitude with a little applied diplomacy.
                            You suck.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post

Lol what the fuck? Pure_Luck is calling for an open meeting to discuss the direction of the game, and you take it as a chance to whine at forum staff? Out of respect for the initiative Pure_Luck is taking, I'm not going to say anything else to derail the thread.

I'll see if I can make it, I love the idea.
                              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
                              X