No announcement yet.

Town Hall Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You fucktards must've missed the first line that said...

"Although this isn't really a big issue"

Which means, if there's enough support on these ideas from others AND (you friggin hater IDIOTS -who unknowingly contribute to the downsizing of the population & popularity of this game).. if Pure_Luck sees some relevance with it... can address it.

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
    I will be taking all suggestions

Comment

The reason why i play this game isnt because of the graphics.

I play for the same reason many others in this game.

Its apart of me!
      been playin since i was 13, and im 21 now.

its not gonna go away until it gets shut down.
      Im in for that town hall discussion anytime any day.

I think a big part of the problem is idiocy. Idiocy within a squad. Idiocy within the squad capping aspect...

i admit, im an idiot on forums, but thats primarily to hype big name matches up. which is very easy to do. lol

but some people are just rediculous in this game. A straight up all out dick for no reason.

I dont know what needs to be done, but a big problem is blatent idiocy..

ive played alot of online games, and in no way shape or form have i seen a more concentrated amount of potential faggots that play a single game .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by squallFF8 View Post
        The reason why i play this game isnt because of the graphics.

I play for the same reason many others in this game.

Its apart of me!
        been playin since i was 13, and im 21 now.

its not gonna go away until it gets shut down.
        Im in for that town hall discussion anytime any day.

I think a big part of the problem is idiocy. Idiocy within a squad. Idiocy within the squad capping aspect...

i admit, im an idiot on forums, but thats primarily to hype big name matches up. which is very easy to do. lol

but some people are just rediculous in this game. A straight up all out dick for no reason.

I dont know what needs to be done, but a big problem is blatent idiocy..

ive played alot of online games, and in no way shape or form have i seen a more concentrated amount of potential faggots that play a single game .. lol
        lol at this
        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
        1:soild>they can say what they like
        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

sry, thats just off the head..
          ive just never played a game were players purposely cause so much grief and hassle,

(im not talking about forums... im talking about in game, liek players backstabbing squadmates.. that type of stuff... and being a nuisancfe on chat)

i was thinking...

what if highly respected, high status players.. volunteer to make squads

like 2 vets volunteering together, can easily make a decent squad if they want to.

a bunch of extra squads

more activity, more competition.

much like what conf is doing with metal, or.. whatever.

if people actually put heads together, and planned volunteered squad efforts...

i dunno just a suggestion

Comment

Join Blood Lotus
            DELETED

Comment

This game needs a graphics overhaul. It's getting kinda like playing "Pong". You have all these people who wanted to be staff, It seems that when someone gets staff they go from someone who you can chat with to someone with an e-ego. Kim was a great ER, So was Aquaitq then they got a little power and it went to their heads. Who ever made PH staff made a stupid decision as well.

Right now I'm sitting back wondering when this game dies, will people find their lives? Or just another game? No amount of Marketing or putting posters up is going to save this game. Contiuum/Trenchwars needs to be resigned/reinvented. I used to play 2-3 hours a night. Now I'm lucky it I play that amout in a month.
              OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                This game needs a graphics overhaul. It's getting kinda like playing "Pong". You have all these people who wanted to be staff, It seems that when someone gets staff they go from someone who you can chat with to someone with an e-ego. Kim was a great ER, So was Aquaitq then they got a little power and it went to their heads. Who ever made PH staff made a stupid decision as well.

Right now I'm sitting back wondering when this game dies, will people find their lives? Or just another game? No amount of Marketing or putting posters up is going to save this game. Contiuum/Trenchwars needs to be resigned/reinvented. I used to play 2-3 hours a night. Now I'm lucky it I play that amout in a month.
                Reinvention of graphics/game engine is in progress... There are a number of projects underway....It will take time however....its not like we have the backing of multimillion pound industry, its being done in spare time... beta testing for STF is scedualed for the start of 2009....

Two active projects underway are listed below.

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showforum=335
                http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showforum=398

Worrying about graphics I think is a waste of time. People can see screenshots before they download the game. If they were worried about 2d graphics they wouldn't have downloaded to start with.

The focus needs to be on gameplay. I wish i knew where all these people are who are 'obnoxious' and 'destructive' to the game are. I've somehow managed to avoid them.... As the saying goes, those looking for a fight rarely fail...
                Last edited by Doc Flabby; 02-10-2008, 05:17 PM.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I've always wondered why you are advertizing for this game in your forum signature. Are you targeting all of the zero forum goers who hasn't played the game?
                  Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Gl

I Agree this game need a boost in graphic's brighter colors or something to appeal to the generation, I play alot of others game's just cause its something new or they have a new design regardless of the game play.We need to attract some younger people that means start posting more links to SS and drive towards the zone sscu trench wars. So to Sum it out Go to the meeting and voice your opinion mine is better Graphics maybe a different Game play like guano was trying to do with his maps like #zelda .

Comment

A general issue I get when I show the game to some friends or coworkers, is that they all seem to lose interest when I show screenshots.
                      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I showed 4 friends,

one of them was soupero

Shoot me.
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by William Wallis View Post
                          I Agree this game need a boost in graphic's brighter colors or something to appeal to the generation, I play alot of others game's just cause its something new or they have a new design regardless of the game play.We need to attract some younger people that means start posting more links to SS and drive towards the zone sscu trench wars. So to Sum it out Go to the meeting and voice your opinion mine is better Graphics maybe a different Game play like guano was trying to do with his maps like #zelda .
                          Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          A general issue I get when I show the game to some friends or coworkers, is that they all seem to lose interest when I show screenshots.

Thats all true, i'm not arguing that better graphics would be a great idea. The problem is there is very little TW can do to improve the graphics beyond what can be achieved with the 2d graphics engine it has. If you ?go wow or another similarly graphic intensive map that represents pretty much the limit of what can be achieved.... Thats why its pointless to bring this up. No one in staff can do anything about it....

Sure TW could tweak the public map to make it look prettier (thats a different arguement and one worth discussing) but in terms of any REAL change in graphics - ie getting it looking like World of Warcraft, FFXII or something....we are limited by a 2D graphics engine based on very old tech...

That is why asking for massivly improved graphics is asking for something TW can't give.

Something that could be worth doing is making the most of the 2D engine we have. we could get a 3d artist to create and render some anti-aliased ships for TW. Make softer wall (more anti-aliasing) and softer bullets/bombs/expoisions. It would make it look alot nicer and hider some of the jaggedness. Make TW smooth. The cost of this is larger download times

There are limits to what we can do though. If you want more than just 2D graphics based on tiles support the new client projects. They are doing some exciting things. http://www.subspace2.net/tw3d.JPG But need alot of help...
                          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

we need to find a way to keep the current people we have. attracting a new younger playerbase probably isnt going to happen all that easy for reason discussed (graphics and dickheads to new people in game)

so, what interests alot of you forum goers?
                            some things i could think of:

-leagues (main 3 leagues ld,lj,lb... other 'main settings' type of leagues like basing cup and draft leagues)
                            -leagues (others racing, strikeball... etc)
                            -events
                            -pubs
                            -elim (i would love to see elim come back to glory, this includes elim and baseelim)

what are some other things you could add to this list?
                            Last edited by Zeebu; 02-11-2008, 11:24 AM. Reason: added elim to the list

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

i nominate myself for mayor.
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Wonderful Idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X