Basing World Cup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
    UK doesn't refer to Ireland, it refers to Northern Ireland.
    this
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• to give it's full title it's "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

I'm from Northern Ireland and have lived my whole life there.

it is a crock of shit country created in 1920, hell my granda was born before it even existed.

the significant minority of about 35% of the remaining population that would have wanted an independant ireland where subsequently treated poorly in terms of civil rights and were second class citizens - this continued and still goes on to a much lesser degree now as the peace talks are reforming the corrupt and biased police force etc ...

most of ireland and the uk doesn't give a shit about this cause it's some back water tiny part of the world and thats fair enough. The rest of the world cares even less, fair enough. But i live there so it affects me.

but given the abuse i've been subjected too and witnessed and the stories i've heard, i've no wish to represent britain. This maybe hard to understand but i live in a strange place growing up with armoured military patrols passing me as i walked from the buss to school with a british soldier probably my age training his turreted machine gun on me as they drove by ...

As i see this UK & Ireland team came from Britain when in previous tournaments i opted to represent RotW that is where i belong.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

• The reason why i think most people in UK and Ireland don't give a shit about NI is we don't really understand what is there to fight over, its a tiny bit of land... Personally i don't even know why were ever there. However that said we are very ignorant of the history, its not taught in schools (hardly any UK history is) i know very little about why there is problems their in the first place.

But I think at least anyone reading this thread will now understand why the UK has 4 national football teams rather than one. The UK really is 4 different nations stuck together. Personally I think its going to fall apart within the next decade. Northern Island is moving toward independence and so is Scotland. I don't really see it as a problem. The United States of Europe is pretty much the future for everyone in the EU (Even though no-one will admit it...yet). I think it might be better to split Europe into Team A and Team B next season, to avoid flaring these historical issues. No other team in the BWC has this problem because of the way their team is described. To put it this way, its like teaming Israel with Palestine and expecting there not to be some issues :fear:
        Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-19-2008, 08:13 AM.
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
          I think Mhz shouldn't captain esepcially if he has a bias towards Irish players, Pressure Drop is good enough to play and Mhz might just bench him for the point of benching him. I think there needs to be more effort into deciding who should captain and who shouldn't.
          I have strongly urged Pressure Drop to stay in the UK+Ireland team and I was of the genuine impression that he would play in the first team. However, since PD has made it explicitly clear that he does not want to play, I have now taken no more interest in his affairs within the BWC . I resent your claim that I would bench someone on personal grounds and would ask you to question the British+Irish BWC players in order to get a more accurate picture of my professionalism in this matter.

From setting up the chat and speaking to every one of the players rostered for British BWC team, I have recieved a lot of positive feedback. I am disappointed that you do not see me as appropriate from captaining, I am even more disappointed that you presented falsehoods as the basis of your opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X