Lag Problems In Trenchwars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Problems In Trenchwars

Ok as alot of you might know, Trenchwars has some serious "laggers". I'm not gonna go naming names... but some ppl have like 250ms + current. This I think is unfair to ppl trying to play events or pubbing even. If someone bombs or bullets you and you can't even see where it went or even if it kills, you dont noticed it until your dead.

My idea to prevent this is to bring in a new bot system. If anyone has ever been to Extreme Games you might have noticed the Lag Bot. This bot specs anyone above a certain limit and leaves them in spec for 3 minutes (a chance to fix their lag). This bot will notify the person with a moderator warning (which will not count as a bad mark on your record, just simply something that you will notice) which will say that you have been specced because of your lag which is "whatever the lag is".

I have talked to MMaverick and Pure_luck about this but as you know they have to know wat the public feel about this matter. If you can please give your own opinions on this and if you have any questions put it here or just pm me in game.

Thanks.
    2:Crunchy Nut> some say he never blinks
    2:Audit> some say he hasn't had a bowel movement in 10 years
    2:Crunchy Nut> all we know is
    2:Crunchy Nut> he's called FLION
    1:FarScape> i was about to go out for a date
    1:FarScape> and she got pms
    1:Melanoma> private messages?
    1:FarScape> no
    1:FarScape> psm?
    1:FarScape> how does it called
    1:ajks> PMSsing
    1:FarScape> what women have ever month
    1:Melanoma> bloody vagina?
    1:FarScape> yea
    1:FarScape> lol
    1:FarScape> didnt want to say that
    1: Davie> its so disappointing
    1: Davie> when you get a message on a dating site
    1: Davie> and find out the person who sent it is either fat, ugly, or both
    1: Davie> ten ton tess who describes herself as average build
    1: Davie> you wanna message back saying "what fucking mirror did you look in"
    1:Undercut> ROFL

agreed
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

yes! Ricko is a terrible laggot and deserves to be locked in spec for eternity!
      2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
      2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
      2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
      2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
      2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
      2:Cig Smoke> thdx
      2:Miksel> elim 3
      2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
      2:Morgane> LOL
      2:Enflame> haha
      2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

dumb thread. some people cant get it down below 100 even if they have the fastest connection in the area. i've said it before; the connection is not the problem. distance is.

sure its annoying, but we are not 12
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          dumb thread. some people cant get it down below 100 even if they have the fastest connection in the area. i've said it before; the connection is not the problem. distance is.

sure its annoying, but we are not 12
          Agreed, us Australians have a hard time getting our lag below 260ms and if it's over 300ms it's usually due to s2c/c2s which you get specced for anyways so the bot system seems pretty useless to me.
          Welcome to ?go lag, where there are no lag limits!

You have been put in spectator mode due to high latency (C2S)

Comment

why do you need more bots? just turn off your downloads cheaters
            (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
            (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
            (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
            (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
            (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

It's impossible for us Australians to get below 260ms. Our lag is constant and there is nothing we can do about it.

We probably have a better connection than you do, but we live further away
              1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
              1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                why do you need more bots? just turn off your downloads cheaters
                just turn off the downloads cheaters?!!! this is wat will stop this.... and epic li came to me with the same problem as Dald and AJ and my answer to it is that this bot will try to be between ppl abusing d/l's and ppl from other countries with a fixed high lag.. i.e. spikes
                2:Crunchy Nut> some say he never blinks
                2:Audit> some say he hasn't had a bowel movement in 10 years
                2:Crunchy Nut> all we know is
                2:Crunchy Nut> he's called FLION
                1:FarScape> i was about to go out for a date
                1:FarScape> and she got pms
                1:Melanoma> private messages?
                1:FarScape> no
                1:FarScape> psm?
                1:FarScape> how does it called
                1:ajks> PMSsing
                1:FarScape> what women have ever month
                1:Melanoma> bloody vagina?
                1:FarScape> yea
                1:FarScape> lol
                1:FarScape> didnt want to say that
                1: Davie> its so disappointing
                1: Davie> when you get a message on a dating site
                1: Davie> and find out the person who sent it is either fat, ugly, or both
                1: Davie> ten ton tess who describes herself as average build
                1: Davie> you wanna message back saying "what fucking mirror did you look in"
                1:Undercut> ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Daldur View Post
                  It's impossible for us Australians to get below 260ms. Our lag is constant and there is nothing we can do about it.

We probably have a better connection than you do, but we live further away
                  best if you don't lie in the open where people with an IQ above 2 can see
                  ?find dads revenge

Comment

hmm i do hate vsing laggots, but if theres no more lag will thunder dissolve?
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

solution

no Australians can play anymore, ban them all.
                      next issue
                      New Orleans, I get Super Dome

Comment

Im sure ajustments can be made based on ur residing location and well as far as pub i dont think its that big of an issue but for twd i would say it is, Like you said no one wants to point the finger to anybody but we have our regulars as far as lag goes and in the effort to keep twd fair, it should definetly be dealt with. Every online game has abusers and there are always counter efforts so why not fortify ours?

Comment

There is lag in every online game. Perhaps less lag in games other than TW because they can afford more servers.
                          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
                            Why is this only a problem now, after 11 fucking years?
                            Learn to compensate for it like any decent player knows how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                              Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
                              Why is this only a problem now, after 11 fucking years?
                              Learn to compensate for it like any decent player knows how to do.

God has spoketh!

Comment

Working...
                              X