No announcement yet.

Major event discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the thought of a manual hosted tournies throughout jan, but why not keep automated tourny running as well? I doubt you will get many more players if you shut down tourny completely, just shut it down during the manual host.

Edit: Given how many players are in tourny on a daily basis, I actually think it would be bad for the zone to shut it down entirely.

Comment

bots work fine enough.. not playing events because of the fact that the "bots dont work" is just a mask of the real reason..

and goddess, why dont you retire already? I dont see anything else than complaints from you. The only thing that comes out of your mouth is BULL - SHIT.
      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

I agree with Weaver...

Hms why insult me? So calling me ancient isn't an insult or have u just no idea that any female u call that irl would smack the fuk out of you? So its not an insult to call you a loser with nothing better to do than waste your life away in this game right? k Obviously you were the one that felt insulted with i didn't like the idea. As i said i am quite aware of the bot functions and just because im no longer staff doesn't mean i dont know about bots and they did have this function when i was staff. They do make errors and OFTEN.

And yes you're right wark im sure WILL watch very closely as his buddies spawn the fuk out of people. Or at least this has been my past experience with him as a staffer... maybe he's changed? But i doubt it since he's already been going about announcing in public chats that he's taking my bot powers essentially pretending to be a smod.

If you take down tourny you will lose players... its that simple. The point is to gain them.

Now im done with the subject
        Quoting is the highest form of flattery ...

The mouth that holds the tongue that rocks your world... rules the world

PjOtTeR> I should change my name to horny gypsy humper

saying Goddess name is like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter World. She-who-must-not-be-named is fucking Taboo

Comment

Originally posted by Weaver View Post
          I like the thought of a manual hosted tournies throughout jan, but why not keep automated tourny running as well? I doubt you will get many more players if you shut down tourny completely, just shut it down during the manual host.

Edit: Given how many players are in tourny on a daily basis, I actually think it would be bad for the zone to shut it down entirely.
          The reason why you want to shut down some events that run 24/7 is simple.

If you shut down tourney which attracts at all times say 10-15 people, that's 10-15 more people to play in other arenas. The 10-15 people in tourney probably could care less where they are playing, they just want to have some fun, and they just flock to tourney because it's there. I know because the last few times I've been in the zone I've done the same thing, not necessarily because I actually LIKE tourney.

If other arenas have more people, then the games played in those arenas become more fun and more interesting.

By spreading too few people over too many arenas, you will create many arenas which never reach critical mass and thus won't be fun. If you keep people with fewer choices, at least those choices will be at critical mass and actually be more fun.

I say good idea, I just hope you guys don't burn out.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

thought

Originally posted by Weaver View Post

After much thought about this i have to agree with weaver, its almost 2am eastern sunday. There are people in tourny and pub. thats it, no elims, no base, no wbduel, no twds. just tourny. i could see shuting it down maybe 20mins before you host the events, and putting it backup when your done, or after the tournament is started. but for these late night people it might be a bad thing. =/

edit ps. I could even see shutting down wbduel or javduel depending on which kinda tournament it is. Again 20mins prior, and then put back up after it starts/ends.
            Last edited by Witness; 12-22-2008, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
              After much thought about this i have to agree with weaver, its almost 2am eastern sunday. There are people in tourny and pub. thats it, no elims, no base, no wbduel, no twds. just tourny. i could see shuting it down maybe 20mins before you host the events, and putting it backup when your done, or after the tournament is started. but for these late night people it might be a bad thing. =/
              true
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Why not just have the bot automatically start a tourny match every 2 hours? This would give time for ERs to host things instead of the whole zone plunging into tourny all the time. Events will be Events, and tourny will be automated still, but not match after match. 2 hours inbetween.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                  nvm im against this then.
                  so many basing events all the time, duelers/javs should get one too. i'm in favour of the tournies, not shutting down tourny.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                    Call plade dead squad again and i friggen kill u, enjoy ur dead squad: Love.
                    dreamwin you are gayyyyyyyyyyy
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I drunk voted, I don't even remember doing it, but I see the results and can't vote so I'm guessing that's what it was. No fucking surprise, but I don't think I know what it was for. I'm going with a strong N.O.

Comment

I dont know about that, i actually like tourny. Even though i dont spend much time in it, it is agood place to go to have a serious match when im waiting for Elim..
                        INSERT COOL SAYING OR QUOTE HERE

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

Comment

Originally posted by Soja View Post
                          This is a really good idea / it shows how staff is doing there best to think of new ideas for the zone... i think u should do it
                          wait, what? their idea is to stop doing what a bunch of people said was a bad idea

automation = damnation

if you wanna kill automated shit im happy, go for it, make those <ER>'s do some work
                          (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                          (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                          (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                          (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                          (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                          X