No announcement yet.

Major event discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are 5 saturdays in january. Instead of shutting down tourney altogether, you can have 4 Qualifiers each saturday and sunday, So 4 weekends of 8 qualifiers each will give you 32 players to play on Saturday January 31st. Do the Qualifiers every 6 hours starting at Friday at midnight, that should cover all the timezones, and if you have a repeat winner in the qualifier, take the next person.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by raizin View Post
      there are 5 saturdays in january. Instead of shutting down tourney altogether, you can have 4 Qualifiers each saturday and sunday, So 4 weekends of 8 qualifiers each will give you 32 players to play on Saturday January 31st. Do the Qualifiers every 6 hours starting at Friday at midnight, that should cover all the timezones, and if you have a repeat winner in the qualifier, take the next person.
      That isnt the point of this raizin. Im not looking for other schedules.

Yes/No to shutting down tourny. You already voted. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
        Perhaps another time. But then wed shut down ?go base. :P and we ALL know how well THAT would go over :>

But seriously, maybe the next month?
        nvm im against this then.
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
          nvm im against this then.
          I was making a joke (remember the ?go base idea i asked about before... I was refering to that)

Comment

I was making a joke (remember the ?go base idea i asked about before... I was refering to that)
            mine was a joke too but srsly who plays base these days. its laameee. need a base tourny to spark it up again
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Good good.

Comment

Bad idea. I played in one of your javtournys last night.... there was no measurements in place to stop the spawns, I probably died about 6 times in a row because my partner went out early and I got stuck and spawned. And are you gonna host several a night on the weekends? If not it would make for some boring ss days.
                Indulgence

Comment

Well the tournament would only be one of the hopefully numerous hosted events on these nights, the other day when all the bots in the entire zone were down Duel Pasta got 113 people in a ?go deathmatch which shows me that we just have way too much automated crap on all the time that is splitting the players into 10 different arenas, instead of having a lot of them in one arena which is more fun. Same thing with people talking about 70 person elims, or any time people talk about how fun it was when tons of people played in one certain event. I think doing this in January would just be a good start towards gearing this zone back towards a personal relationship between player and staff instead of player and bots.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    I think doing this in January would just be a good start towards gearing this zone back towards a personal relationship between player and staff instead of player and bots.
                    agreed weve had a million new <er>'s it seems and none have really made any personal connections with the community. One of my favorite parts of events were when you got a *arena message after something happened like- LOL he got owned. Ect.
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                      Bad idea. I played in one of your javtournys last night.... there was no measurements in place to stop the spawns, I probably died about 6 times in a row because my partner went out early and I got stuck and spawned. And are you gonna host several a night on the weekends? If not it would make for some boring ss days.
                      Read up. There will be a bot program in place to pm host who is spawned and by whom. I think 5 second spawn time is fair enough.

Comment

3 seconds is enough to recharge. If you do 5 them people will take advantage of the spawn and kill their opponents while protected.
                        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Well, whatever Wark and I decide, you know its gonna be decent :P

Comment

Well, whatever Wark and I decide, you know its gonna be decent :P
                            I wouldn't count on it.

You can't make it fair for everyone, ppl are able to play this game at different
                            times of the day. If you host only once a day not many get to play.
                            Ara / AraGee / Death
                            SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                            SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                            TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                            ----------------------------------------------

Comment

As long as it don't take 40 minutes to set it up, gets boring just waiting for it to start

And if your going to do qualifying rounds or whatever (just skimmed posts so I dno what I'm on about) it will suck if you get out on first round. Like I normally do and then you can't participate in the tournaments for hole month?
                              A flower cannot blossom without sunshine nor a garden without love

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                                I wouldn't count on it.

You can't make it fair for everyone, ppl are able to play this game at different
                                times of the day. If you host only once a day not many get to play.
                                It could be moved to different parts of the day. and it will be scheduled in advance so peopel can work towards getting to a few of them.
                                Last edited by H.M.S. Stargazer; 12-12-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X