Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1v1 hosted duels -- Tues/Thurs nights at 10pm EST sound good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1v1 hosted duels -- Tues/Thurs nights at 10pm EST sound good?

Duels are to 5 deaths -- TWLJ arena
    These games will be hosted in TWLJ. Only 1 duel in the arena at one time. 1 lagout allowed.

Still figuring out whether or not this will be a one night thing or a two night thing.

**IMPORTANT**
    Please note that these candidates are chosen by activity and interest in jav dueling 1 versus 1. If you are not on here, it might not mean you are not good enough. It probably means you don't show up to staff hosted events in the first place. If you show an interest in our ladder matches, please contact me in-game and we'll try to arrange something. I do hold the right to reject anyone in order to maintain exclusivity and competitiveness. This event was not made for the masses, it is however something to strive for and to keep current players satisfied with interesting duels constantly.

This ladder league facillitates only 50 players. Beyond the list that I have created for starters, you may qualify to join our ladder if there is a player removed, but you must also qualify for the spot by winning pre-scheduled Javelim games that I will announce as being "qualifier" events. There will be a few of them during the qualification day, and if the winner every time is already a ladder player, then no new players are brought into the ladder. Players inactive for 2 consecutive weeks are removed from the ladder into an inactive list. You may be brought back from the inactive list if you contact me.

Rank #1-10 is Group A
    Rank #11-20 is Group B
    Rank #21-30 is Group C
    Rank #31-40 is Group D
    Rank #41-50 is Group E

1) You may only challenge twice per night.
    2) If you do not play any games within a week, you will drop 5 ranks each week.
    3) A player can only be challenged twice in one night.
    4) The only people you are allowed to challenge are those that are one level above yours, at the same level or the group below you. (Ex. if you are Group C, you can only challenge players in Group B, C, and D)
    5) Rank number one hall of fame is determined by how long you can maintain that position (by days)
    6) Duel results and challenge history is recorded for every player
    7) Your first duel challenge of the night cannot be refused by your opponent
    8) If you win, you replace the loser's spot on the ladder only if they are higher ranked than you.
    9) You must at least have a record of 1-1 to be able to stay in your Group. If you have a record of 0-1 or 0-2 by the end of the evening, you will drop 2 ranks with a record of 0-1, and 4 ranks with a record of 0-2.
    10) If you wish to change names, message me in-game so that I can update your name on here.

Most of this still needs to be refined by players such as you who can give some good feedback on this new type of play. We will start with javs, then we can use this for warbirds and even spiders.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

sounds good, i'm all up for it
    Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

too early for europeans
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Idea itself sounds awesome. However the time is not good. 3-5am for euros are quite extreme.

I'm not gonna wake up to play like 4am and be like dald who wakes up at 4am to prac for lb.(he seriously does it)
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Oh man, This zone is turning out like Hockey Zone, Favorize the Americans.
          First the pizza tourny at 6pm to 8pm, And now this, 10pm(you do know its 5am euro time?) ? Yay very fun.
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Yeah that's WAY too early in the morning for European players, 10PM EST is 3AM GMT 0, I would definitely not waking up 3am just to play.

Please note that these candidates are chosen by activity and interest in jav dueling 1 versus 1. If you are not on here, it might not mean you are not good enough. It probably means you don't show up to staff hosted events in the first place.
            The thing is whoever is judging who is "active and interested" in jav 1v1 might be a TERRIBLE judge at that, this rule isn't exactly absolute, because you can't measure activity or interest for definite.

If you are not on here, it might not mean you are not good enough.
            ...Then again, it might. See my point? =)
            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
            5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
            1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
            1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

How bout some of you lazy EURO ERs host then for euros.

Cant make everyone happy.

Good idea kim.
              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

You could also divide 2 conferences (Europe/North America) which plays at different times, and then have best of each group to battle out the best guy from another conference (Group A Euro plays Group A NA etc (had to say it just incase)).

Those times would of course be something like 4-5 pm to make sure both can show up.

edit: Of course it could be made like big 1v1 battle event where all the guys in ladder plays same rank from another conference and then count wins and see which conference wins.

Comment

seriously, Is 5pm really bad time for americans? I think not.
                  https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                  1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                  1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                  1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                  1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                  1:soild>they can say what they like
                  1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                  1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

If it is during the week it is, that is when alot of people get off work.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I approve

Comment

I like the idea of 2 conferences. I'm in if that's the case
                        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
                          seriously, Is 5pm really bad time for americans? I think not.
                          rush hour traffic

7-8pm would be better for americans, don't know what time that is for euro players
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            If it is during the week it is, that is when alot of people get off work.
                            Yea well us Europeans work too you know. And sleep.
                            Regency> not in for dd lol
                            Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

Really.. I guess I was mistaken about you euro's you sound oook.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X