Name Reset: Player and Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Reset: Player and Squad

Is this really what its come down to? We're selling names now for a free internet game? Honestly this is bullshit. Lets acknowledge how fucking retarded this is. I can't imagine why nobody from staff has put a stop to this except that some are probably selling half their own names. I can understand that it's your name and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. Sure. It isn't your fault some newb wants to pay 20 bucks so they can be Star Wars, right? No, it's not; one sale isn't going to hurt much. What is wrong is that allowing it to continue as an accepted practice ultimately damages the game as a whole. If buying and selling names is seen as completely legitimate then it encourages people to horde names. Why the hell wouldn't they? Five decent names could make someone 100 bucks with doing absolutely no work. Eventually this is going to make names run out for both squads and players (as if it hadn't already) and make the game inaccessible to new players who are forced to use names like W!LdDuM3A$$ 37 or Sally1125. We NEED new players to keep the game alive, and it's going to be hard to get them and keep them when people are hording and selling all the best names even though they only use a few.

Aside from the hording and selling of names more are lost simply due to a bad method of resetting them. Names that have, as far as I know, been inactive for years are still around for some reason, and when the names do actually reset any squads they owned still exist and are then unable to be created again. Wouldn't it be better if when a squadleaders name was reset the squad was automatically dissolved?

As a bottom line, this game needs a new way to manage the resetting of names if it wants to maintain itself through the years. More difficultly, there ought to be some way to check name horders, because even if old names are reset there isn't anything to stop assholes like megaman89, voth, and that fucking L3X whatever from hording those too and hurting the game.

no offense but it's true.
    Last edited by Cressan; 02-22-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: little too angry

If you don't want to read that, heres a summary

1. OP claims staff think name trading is acceptable

2. OP thinks name trading is unacceptable

3. fuck shit cunt bitch ass blah blah blah

4. fuck name horders, OP notes megaman89, voth, l3xmark
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

thanks age

Comment

Ballsac

Comment

7 posts in 6 years... vgg

Comment

indeed, i don't usually post, but i think i have a point.

Comment

Disagree. It only matters for people with no creativity and likes to follow the dictionary name kids.

Comment

Trench Wars Staff does not own or operate the SSC billing server where these names are stored. If you can think of a method of eliminating name trading suggest it to SSC Staff.

Comment

k thanks

Comment

also, completely unnecessary to post in -4- forums, lizurd fu00l...
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cressan View Post
                      Is this really what its come down to? We're selling names now for a free internet game? Honestly this is bullshit. Lets acknowledge how fucking retarded this is. I can't imagine why nobody from staff has put a stop to this except that some are probably selling half their own names. I can understand that it's your name and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. Sure. It isn't your fault some newb wants to pay 20 bucks so they can be Star Wars, right? No, it's not; one sale isn't going to hurt much. What is wrong is that allowing it to continue as an accepted practice ultimately damages the game as a whole. If buying and selling names is seen as completely legitimate then it encourages people to horde names. Why the hell wouldn't they? Five decent names could make someone 100 bucks with doing absolutely no work. Eventually this is going to make names run out for both squads and players (as if it hadn't already) and make the game inaccessible to new players who are forced to use names like W!LdDuM3A$$ 37 or Sally1125. We NEED new players to keep the game alive, and it's going to be hard to get them and keep them when people are hording and selling all the best names even though they only use a few.

Aside from the hording and selling of names more are lost simply due to a bad method of resetting them. Names that have, as far as I know, been inactive for years are still around for some reason, and when the names do actually reset any squads they owned still exist and are then unable to be created again. Wouldn't it be better if when a squadleaders name was reset the squad was automatically dissolved?

As a bottom line, this game needs a new way to manage the resetting of names if it wants to maintain itself through the years. More difficultly, there ought to be some way to check name horders, because even if old names are reset there isn't anything to stop assholes like megaman89, voth, and that fucking L3X whatever from hording those too and hurting the game.

no offense but it's true.
                      This is way way off. First off, people have been buying and selling names for as long as I can remember. If you think the thread that's up in this forum now is something new you're just not aware of what's been going on. Second, name hording has been going on almost as long as well. Third, do you think that xbox live has problems getting people to sign up because all the great names are taken? Hell no, there are a ton of people that would take John121245, they want to play the game. The idea that because the good names are taken it's killing the game or Trench Wars in general is just not right. It's no surprise to me that every time someone comes on these forums and wants to change something, they argue that the opposite of their idea is the reason trench wars is dying. This is retarded, please stop it
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Yes, no more ideas please. Trenchwars is clearly not losing population.
                        (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I hate it when I have to elaborate on something because it went over someone's head

Keep the idea's coming, but stop acting like whatever you're arguing against is the sole reason for the decrease in population
                          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                          3:Best> see it coming
                          3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                            I hate it when I have to elaborate on something because it went over someone's head

Keep the idea's coming, but stop acting like whatever you're arguing against is the sole reason for the decrease in population
                            Ironic considering it was a joke that went over your head. lol
                            (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Alright I was a little dramatic there. The name thing certainly isn't going to kill Continuum. I wasn't trying to suggest anything that powerful, though I still think hording and selling is bad even if others don't think it's as harmful as I made it out to be. Just because it's been happening for a long time doesn't mean it's good. At the very least I'm saying something should be done about the name resets. Whether people horde or not doesn't have to have anything to do with the fact that names ought to be reset more frequently than they are so active people can use them. It's something about the game that needs to be changed sooner or later. Anyway I've already been told it's no good to mention this crap here, this was just to clarify my earlier rather angry post that was a little more intense because I was kinda pissed when I wrote it. Sorry about how I sounded but I still don't think my points are very wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X