Trench Wars Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Government

I would to introduce a new System to Trench Wars. This system is designed to make changes or add and remove things in Trenchwars. There will be three bodies within our system. They are as follows:

Trench Wars Community

This group consists of 4 Trench Wars Players for each of the following 5 categories:

Basing Community - Seats B1, B2, B3, B4

Javelin Community - Seats J1, J2, J3, J4

Warbird Community- Seats W1, W2, W3, W4

Publics Community- Seats P1, P2, P3, P4

Events Community- Seats E1, E2, E3, E4

3 of the 4 members will be voted in by the general public. The 4th member will be appointed by Trenchwars Staff. This person will be responsible to make posts as to what is going on with the group. Each Seat will be assigned a number(I.E. B1 , B2, B3, B4) so players will run against eachother in that specific Seat. In order to run for this position you will need a petition signed by a certain amount of people. Terms for the position will be 3 months each term.

The total number of seats will be 20. For a bill to pass this Body it will need 11 votes. This concludes the TW Community Body.

Trench Wars Super Moderators

This category includes the following people as of now:

Aquatiq
    cool koen
    dads revenge
    Dameon Angell
    h.m.s. stargazer
    Kolar
    MMaverick
    riistar
    SpaceHiker
    Mirrorrim
    WorstPlayerEver
    o.m.g.
    mootland farmer
    Rudy
    Kim
    qan

The total number of seats is 16 . Smods will be required to vote on the bills in a timely fashion . For a bill to pass this body it will need over 50% of Votes.

Trench Wars Sysop

This category includes the current sysop of the zone, Pure_Luck. Sysop can veto or pass a bill. If a bill is veto'd, It can be revoted on by the entire two bodies and would need 25 votes from the possible 36 to override .

Examples of how a bill makes it through

Publics member jabjabjab(LOL) creates a bill, "Raise resolution limits in TW to 1440 x 1280." Trench Wars Community votes and fails to pass. A suggestion is made to change the bill into "Raise resolution of public arenas to 1440 x 1280." The community votes and pass's with 15 out of 20 votes. It would then be voted by the smods. Smods pass bill by 14 of 16. Pure_Luck accepts bill and promptly changes resolution on all publics.
    Last edited by Pure_Luck; 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM.

This post is to officially run for a spot as a warbird member. My resume is long and speaks for itself. Captaining squads is far from an easy task as many of you have experienced in the past. Running leagues is impossible. Mistakes are made and people learn from them. As a member of your committee, I can promise for the most pressing issue us warbird players know is the biggest issue. The elim arena. I will press hard to make things happen. My experience with staff can only be rivaled by few. If I am able to survive on staff after TWL-Gate, it's clear I must be doing many things right. Vote pascone for your wb needs
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

oh fucking christ, pubs are about to get fucked up cause all the baser faggots on here are going to vote each other in

EDIT: i got the same shit as pasc for wb community - title

Also, I play pub more than most people here
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

This idea is silly. Does TW really need this? Is our zone that complex that we need to resort to this kind of fancy 'e-bureaucracy'? This will only obstruct progress and is nothing more than a fancy talk shop which will get nothing substantial done imo.

Also, I'd like to point out that the 'TW proposal' thing we had in the past became subject to what we call 'goal displacement' in the field of public administration; the means of achieving a goal will become more important than the goal itself. The same could happen to this.
        Last edited by Nycle; 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

this could be good, but it could also end up poorly... :fear:

also, does the candidate need to officially announce that theyre running for the position, and can nominations be made?
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Also, I believe I'll officially throw in my hat for an Event seat.

And I cast 1 vote for Pascone for WB seat.
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

A cadidate will have to obviously run for the position

Comment

I vote for Morris on all positions.

Comment

just make me smod already

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Seems like a decent idea. So far, many good suggestions have been made over the last year or so by various members. As near as I can tell, it's been about as effective as tossing coins in a wishing well. Many of us (including me) aren't even sure who Dr. Claw is, the one who actually wields the power to push the big red button for zone changes.

I'd be willing to give this system a shot. However, I would prefer that we involve the actual player base for any changes to the game, since they are the ones playing it. Otherwise, a small group of people may change things that a majority of players dislike (sound familiar?).

It could be a process where each body decides on a few issues to bring to the table, and then it gets put to the proper arena (elim, pub, etc.) for a vote IN-GAME, NOT on the forum, by current players for some span of days.

In any case, clarify the procedure for election, and let's get the ball rolling. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for with this post...
                    Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                    2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                      I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                      tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                      im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                      i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

This is a good idea on paper. Unfortunately it would appear to be half a decade or more late. I personally don't think that the player population constitutes the need for an elaborate slow governing system to make changes.

The main problem I see is that I was on the public committee and I saw that fail horribly. That was about 1/12 the size of this thing that is being proposed. If that failed that badly then I don't see any reason why this would work.

To me it just seems like our airplane is plummeting to the ground and you're worried about getting peanuts to everyone. It doesn't matter what you do, our plane is going to crash.
                        (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                          Last edited by Kolar; 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nycle is spot on.
                            Why is this needed, create a section on forums dedicated to polls of such nature and put up the idea, if it fails there is probably a good reason behind it.
                            Every one is equal but some are more equal than others
                            and lol at Tw Govt.B)
                            Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

This idea happened after i beat Pure in some racquetball and he went through glass and had this idea.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X