TWD Roster Regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea and the intent. but...

First of all, practicality. There's a lot of volunteer work involved in implementing it. Because our workers are solely motivated by self-motivation and an incredible loyalty to the game, I don't think it's motivation enough to epically change. And epic changes can only be done in revolution, not in simple dissatisfaction.

I definitely see your point about more squads, but here's another viewpoint.

I understand why you want more squads, but right now, I feel like there are too many squads. Often a squad gets 4 players to play, but can't find an opponent to play against. But if you think about it, if some of these lowly populated squads were to merge... At one point, there was Ash/Laser/Dash-, all three slightly varied around the same skill level. Often, in the EST mornings, Deliria would get 4 real fast. But there wouldn't be an opponent on. There were 3 on Ash, waiting for a fourth. and/or Laser who had 2, and Dash- who maybe had a couple if you spammed 'em. Now, if any two of those squads had merged... we woulda had game early in the morning.

If there were a limit to the total number of squads (thus the limit of how many players can join a squad would be eliminated), each squad would have more players, and thus more games would be arising. The best way to improve newbies is to have a guiding cap (like pascone), and getting often in-game experience.

Another thing, there just aren't enough active players anymore that could demand so many squads. err well, active ones anyways.
    -not in game

Comment

This is a dumb idea, people who don't base don't want to base, it is boring, same with javs, or warbirds, you can't force players to play in a league that they consider boring or they won't play.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

yeah i'm pretty strongly against it unless there's an option to have unlimited "inactive" people or maybe an option for "occasional" people who can play a certain amount of games per month or something. Forcing squads to axe ppl is not something I thnk would help. Yeah we have 69 ppl, but that doesnt' always mean there's enough ppl on who want to play. We aren't a squad that's full of diehard dders, there's a lot of people who only want to play occasionally. Couldn't really put them as "inactive" and they'd eat up space on the "active" sheet.
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
          however, now sake is out of twl and competition is dying. i'm *trying* again, like i did on butt, to develop players to get to a higher level.
          lol, man I've been doing this for years. I helped racka develop into a much better warbird than he would have become on dragonguard. Weak, Regen, Geio had pretty good seasons. I probably shouldnt have dissolved but I thought in preseason activity was going to be an issue from what I had seen. We lost a lot of the activity from the people in our core and i figured it was for the best. Developing new talent always helps though, and usually helps your squad more than anything
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

someone want to take me under their wing and teach me the warbird ship?!

preferably hate the fake
            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
            beam> stfu tsunami
            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Valholy View Post
              On a side not, to prevent havoc and chaos, there would be a "Grandfather Clause" allowing squads who are above the limit at the time the rule begins to keep their rosters. However, if they wanted to add a player, they must trade another player off the squad (or something, I haven't really put much thought into it yet but we can work this out later).
              No one has to axe anyone. This rule will apply mainly to the new squads that are formed.

Comment

We already have roster limit for competitive playing, twl roster. I admit that I didnt bother to read whole post, but there is no reason to axe those inactive people from roster. Inactive people wont create new sqds. And that people who log on once a week or such doesnt hurt anyone, but making rosters smaller would hurt them. Let people play with whoever they want for twd, who cares if some sqd has 100 people if they are fine with it.

Comment

Working...
                X