Paid Entry Tournaments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Entry Tournaments?

I'm not 100% percent sure of where to post this, but I figured this was the best spot.

Have we thought of doing a paid entry tournament where everyone who enters pays something like $5 US and create a pool where the top 3 would get a spread out amount of 70% of that and the rest gets donated to Trench Wars?

Example: 50 Entries ($250)
    1st place - $100
    2nd place - $50
    3rd place - $25

Trench Wars - $75

In general, it's not really that much money, but it will add a bit more excitement for those bored vets and it only costs maybe the price of a fast food meal.

Thank you for your time.

This could make TWL more interesting.

35 Player Rosters, $5 per player. That's $175 a squad per division. 8 Squads in a division, that's $1400 dollars in the pool total. The winning squad gets it to divide amongst it's players. In a squad of 35 that's $40 a player.

You'd probably wanna discount players who are multi-league players like:
    1 League $5, 2 Leagues $8, 3 Leagues $10.

I dunno how many people would really wanna pay cash money to play TWL though.
    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post

35 Player Rosters, $5 per player. That's $175 a squad per division. 8 Squads in a division, that's $1400 dollars in the pool total. The winning squad gets it to divide amongst it's players. In a squad of 35 that's $40 a player.

Yea, it would be interesting to apply to TWL, but even just an tournament event 1v1. It could span for a couple of hours every weekend or so and let as many people play as they want, just host it every weekend until the event is done. The more people - the longer it will last and the bigger the prize. Or maybe create something outside of TWL that is similar, so people don't feel forced to pay money for TWL. There are a lot of ways to apply paid entry.

Comment

id be down.
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

i've thought about this and i think it's a really good idea. let tw keep some of the cash and give the rest out to the winners. but i don't think this should be hosted every weekend. maybe like once a month so it doesn't get old too fast. we're not all as rich as ignite also- advertise it in other zones. i'm sure other people who come to play too

if this were to implemented, make sure that it wasn't the same kind of tourny every time. for example...maybe one month host 1v1 wb and 1v1 jav. then maybe next week 2v2 wb and 2v2 jav, next month 4v4, etc...or however it would work. also...don't make TWL pay. that could easily ruin it. and don't host these tournaments during TWL either, if you were to do this i have a feeling that these tournaments would become bigger than TWL.

good idea
          Gun remembers.

Comment

Capitalizing on a free game....lol

Comment

I thought the goal was to spread the talent and increase competition, not give people more incentive to stack up on 3 squads.
              Originally posted by paradise!
              pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
              1:Reaver> HALP
              1:Reaver> HELELP
              1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
              1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Have you actually thought this through? This is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                  No, I just took it off the top. But you can not be a pretentious fuck and give reasons why next time. I never said "THIS IS IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO, FOLKS!" Just one dart on the dart board.
                  DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post

That's pretty rough, but I agree it would be nice to do it every so often, maybe 4 times a year? For different leagues and such. The cash could help fund TW a bit and even fund rewards for other big events, such as TWL. Instead of having paid entry for that, it will be like normal, you will just get some sort of trophy for it now due to these past events which funded the rewards. It's not really capitalizing either if all the funds go to improving TW, wouldn't be any profit to it.

Comment

just donate if you want to contribute.
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        just donate if you want to contribute.
                        Well this event will be hosted for people who want to donate? It's an event for them. You don't have to donate, if the event was hosted normally with no reward, it would just be another event. Is there anything wrong with doing event Fundraisers?

Comment

It's fine idea for an event, at least there is no reason not to do it, if someone is willing to set it up. But for TWL, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                            Well this event will be hosted for people who want to donate? It's an event for them. You don't have to donate, if the event was hosted normally with no reward, it would just be another event. Is there anything wrong with doing event Fundraisers?
                            uhh yeah, 1v1, 2v2 ok. more than that? no. twl? good bye trench wars
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

No, I just took it off the top. But you can not be a pretentious fuck and give reasons why next time. I never said "THIS IS IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO, FOLKS!" Just one dart on the dart board.
                              I'm glad other people have seen how awful this is. I'd think as an unpaid Dean of Staff you'd see the implications of money being involved in the most important event this free game has to offer.

Money tournaments though? I could care less, it'd probably be a fun event to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X