Paid Entry Tournaments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, most all the responses to this have rounded up to:
    1)Not TWL or other leagues already in place.
    2)It's a good idea and should be done quarterly/monthly with jav/wb tournaments alternating and 1v1/2v2 alternating.(basing needs more thought put in for it)

Now I'd like to work for putting this into place. In order to do this I need responses from:
    1)Staff(permission and to fully establish the idea).
    2)Person in charge of TW Bank.
    3)Person willing to host.
    4)Website management to get the word out as well as in the game.
    5)Someone with full understanding on how legal this is and any laws we might want to look out for.

Tournaments should most likely start with with a 1v1 or 2v2 Warbird since that's the biggest part of the population. In worst case scenario this fails big time and it will only happen once. But if it is successful and we are willing to keep it going after the first tournament, then much more will be on the way and TW funds will get a source of steady donations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      2)Person in charge of TW Bank.
      I nominate Ignite.
      DELETED

Comment

The legality of this seems fine. This is a prize pool and all players are informed before entry that 30% of their entry fee is donated to Trench Wars of their own free will to improve the zone(meaning not profit for the zone, it's just donations). If someone could confirm this, I would appreciate it.

Who is in charge of the bank that receives donations? Pure_Luck?

Comment

Personally, the "Money Tournament" is a great idea not only would it make non-donaters give to the community (Trenchwars) but it will give people something more to look for then just RANKING. I am sure that it will greatly increase zone population when other zones start hearing "YO TW HAS EVENTS WHERE YOU CAN WIN MONEY AND NOT SIT ON OUR PATHETIC ASSES ALL DAY FOR NOTHING" I guarantee it will raise zone population and make players do what I want them to do GET FUCKIN BETTER we need more competition and this will give them something to actually compete for without excuses because they are betting on themselves and therefore can't use the excuse "I didn't try". TWL obviously should be left alone but why not do it once a weekend or every other weekend its a great idea and can only benefit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
            why not do it once a weekend or every other weekend its a great idea and can only benefit.
            The two reasons that keep me from wanting it to be every weekend are the loss of interest that could occur from players and if you are competeing every weekend, it's $20 a month you could be spending if you don't win any tournaments for this game. Most people don't want even want to spend $5 four times a year or once a month.

Btw: There is a new post up for this, it's a bit more offical.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=36532

Comment

Working...
            X