Hear Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear Me Out

I have this idea which will allow pubbers to play in normal 8v8 scrimmages where they are able to organize themselves without having designated captains. This would allow more public arena players to practice regular basing without all the hassles of public arena, also making the public arena bots free.

First order of business: Change the way ?go base works

We make ?go base similar to DSB where any one who wants to can come in can hop in with other random players without having to be picked. Once each team has the correct amount of players they are able to type !ready to start the round. The arena would then only need to be monitored by a bot for scores and announcements. This arena would be a practice arena for pubbers who are interested in a little higher level of basing but still pretty newbie. Because players would still be able to change their ships to anything they want, but just like pub players would need to organize by saying in chat "CHANGE TO SPIDERS" or whatever. They do it in 15v15 matches, this will work alot better in a 8v8 match.

Second order of business:

Make the current ?go base a ?go BDPRAC arena. This would work just like the current ?go base arena. Hopefully the pubbers that get to used to the level of play in their 8v8 newb arena will hopefully have a higher skill level where they are able to be picked in a BDPRAC arena and hopefully join a twd squad.

Pubbers right now have a hard time basing because well the public arena is currently so fucked up and second because they dont get picked in the current go base arena. With this new newbie basing arena it will allow pub arenas to be bots free and PUB LIKE again. Let's see if we can make this work. And if you guys have any other suggestions, idea, lets hear them. I am not staff anymore so this will have to be taken charge of by the public.
    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

well, i rarely make appearances on here..but i must say this was worth the read--good idea and i am absolutely for this being tried out!

Comment

so we want a new ?go base that isn't like this ?go base but is also like this ?go base? awesome.

if this happens i am going to personally see to it that every tking pub jav knows about this new ?go base and plays it constantly so that it's destroyed and thrown in the pile of failed ideas, where it will rest between trench wars intermediate league and xsliderx's legacy tournament.

hasta!!
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

ph is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
          so we want a new ?go base that isn't like this ?go base but is also like this ?go base? awesome.

if this happens i am going to personally see to it that every tking pub jav knows about this new ?go base and plays it constantly so that it's destroyed and thrown in the pile of failed ideas, where it will rest between trench wars intermediate league and xsliderx's legacy tournament.

hasta!!
          This isn't to save the current go base and make it better. You will still have your BDPRAC arena which is just like the current go base that you neve rplay anyway. It is to get pubbers more involved with competitive play and change public arena back to its normal self. This can be done in all twd type prac arenas too.

Comment

Good idea, Diakka. I'm all in for it.

I don't know how to solve this bot-wise exactly yet but I know this can be done (easily maybe too).
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Good idea, Diakka. I'm all in for it.

I don't know how to solve this bot-wise exactly yet but I know this can be done (easily maybe too).
              cool, maybe to keep tradition just keep go base the way it is and maybe give the new pub base arena a name such as "pbase" or something. it is habit to type ?go base for a good game of captained organized basing. the arena could even be the public arena map slightly modified like the go base arena. obviously restrictions on levis, maybe weasels, but levis for sure. games can be !readyd whenever even if there is only 2 people per team, once game gets started players will come in whenever or leave whenever.

think of this practice base arena (?go pbase) as an arena similar to pub but a step up from it. think of it as a place that will get traditional go base started late at night, think of it as a place where vets can train newbies without people freaking out about why the newb got picked, think of it as a place where pub talent can be seen by a vet and then the vet can go over to traditional go base and tell the captains to pick the guy without any worries that he wont know what the hell is doing...
              Last edited by Diakka; 05-01-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

lets call it ?go newbbase

i personally will stick to ?go base or ill go pub dumb idea
                :eek:
                HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                Lance> Here is BCG's song
                Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
                :eek:

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakka View Post
                    maybe give the new pub base arena a name such as "pbase" or something. it is habit to type ?go base for a good game of captained organized basing.
                    I actually liked the idea of having the current ?go base be renamed to a ?go bdpractice (or something similar) and having the current ?go base be transformed to a more free-form styled play. This way it's clear for everyone what the intention of the bdpractice arena is like (a more stricter play to basing and more practicing towards TWBD).
                    I fear that if you create a ?go pubbase arena , everyone will always be like "WTF is that" and won't be able to gain popularity because of it.
                    Maverick
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                    Subspace Statistics Administrator
                    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Diakka told me about this idea when he was stoned. Thought it was a good idea. I'm in for it. We can shiplimit just like ?go base, and staff can come in and change player's ship, ie. if javs TK too much, etc.
                      FairLightS> teenage mutant hero turtles just finished downloading
                      Final Hit> ...
                      Final Hit> you mean teenage mutant ninja turtles
                      FairLightS> yea thats the one
                      FairLightS> but they still my heros

Pearl Jam> oh whateva **snaps fingers**

Comment

I'm all for this, but you guys shouldn't really be interfering with the current dynamics of ?go base, it's a place that's currently working well for the basers who do play it and want to continue playing alongside higher-skilled players.

I'm no personal fan of ?go base, but why don't you make your little idea into a "?go newbase" or something? New players = New Base = Newb Base, whatever it is, I'm sure it could work just the same.

Otherwise, I say it's a nice way to make the transition between new and pro basers. Trial this out in a new arena is my main point.
                        (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                        5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                        1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                        1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Shouldn't have made pubs into BDers playgrounds honestly, you fucked yourself and now your crying because nobody wants to base anymore after you try to force them to base asap the second they walk into the zone. I say you made your bed now lie in it. You want to whine and fix up basing arenas then take out all the forced basing bullshit from publics.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The pubs don't enforce basing, they only encourage it. People are still in the spawn area doing their thing like they've always done.

Comment

yeah but it promotes people to base, which not everyone in the pub wants to do, you can tell because it literally warps you into the FR....

pretty obvious that since pure pub ?go base and twbd has gotten less popular.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X