I enjoyed Pure pub in the afternoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed Pure pub in the afternoons

Yeah, that's the only time I ever get to play. Now the only arena with more than 10 people is full of levis and LTs.

I enjoyed pure pub as being the main option. Personally speaking, anyhow.
    Ну вот...

agreed

less reasons to log in now, the only way you can get any basing is at peak time when the purepub is finally running but that won't last long at this rate.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Should have never happened in the first place, putting restrictions on what newbs decide to do in their newbie arena doesn't help anything, and basers are to blame because they saw their terrible league dying and wanted to create a bunch of little newbie basers, which backfired on them.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

kthx, you make a really good point. However, my situation is unique. I only play in the afternoons while at work (как раз). There is hardly any non-newb activity going on at this time of day (and by afternoons I mean 12-3 EST). So my only option is to condescend with the newbs and play with them in pub. I just wish it were more enjoyable.

Also, I don't see how placing restrictions and then removing them affects me wanting them to be placed again.
        Ну вот...

Comment

Since the thread will eventually be on the topic of "this zone is dieing because," I'll start early.
          This zone is dieing because people changed how shit was run. Just remember when this zone had 800 players on weekends. -What was so good then? Now change everything back to what it was at that point. voila?

Comment

Which pub is first on the arena list could always be alternated every week or every other week. With such a low player population that's almost what has to be done to make things balanced. What about every score reset they switch?
            (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I agree with Kontrolz. Switching every week or scorereset is a good idea. If that's more hassle than it's worth, then make purepub the default and the LT pub second. It has been the other way around for years, right? It's purepub's turn to be on top.
              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

levi in mainpub is one of the worst ideas ever. You will never promote any basic skills and understanding of the game to newbies if they just play in a levi and get xfers while not taking any steps ahead.
                2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                  Since the thread will eventually be on the topic of "this zone is dieing because," I'll start early.
                  This zone is dieing because people changed how shit was run. Just remember when this zone had 800 players on weekends. -What was so good then? Now change everything back to what it was at that point. voila?
                  Lol no, that's not going to magically bring people back. The people who left wouldn't even know that anything changed in TW and are probably liking other things now, like knitting. Knitting is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
                    Lol no, that's not going to magically bring people back. The people who left wouldn't even know that anything changed in TW and are probably liking other things now, like knitting. Knitting is fun!
                    AFK, going to sewing notions shop.

Comment

Pro tip: Make sure you have appropriate needles, they should be small enough to go through the fabric without stretching it.

I tend to make smaller non-clothing items, much more fun to do! Here are my last two creations:

Comment

Even when there are 40 players on pure pub, it won't last long these days. People are more prone to leave as they lose one round after a winning streak. I've seen player counts go as absurd as ~14 vs 0 in such a situation, which never happened some years ago. Remember, kids: Join the losing team and only leave if your team is winning. That'll keep thing balanced, and thus, fun. Don't be a lame quitter.

Comment

I have had a lot of great times in pure pub playing games almost similar to go base, but the rapid team switching is what kills it.
                          I'm probably not thinking this through since I just woke up, but if the teams were completely bot controlled, i.e. randomly choosing a spider and switching it to the team with less players, it would be more balanced.
                          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                          beam> stfu tsunami
                          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

This wasn't intended to be a threat exploring ideas about how to fix the pubs, but I do want to ask...must there be timed basing games in pure pub all day long?

Personally, I liked being able to vote for stuff, like vote for a timed game, vote for levis, etc...

Also, knitting's for girls.
                            Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA View Post
                              This wasn't intended to be a threat exploring ideas about how to fix the pubs, but I do want to ask...must there be timed basing games in pure pub all day long?

Personally, I liked being able to vote for stuff, like vote for a timed game, vote for levis, etc...

Also, knitting's for girls.
                              Voting didn't work out b/c the majority of players got to choose what they wanted. And what the majority of players wanted was no levis almost all the time.

I'm still not understanding the logic behind getting rid of voting but whatever. Getting rid of it has done wonders for the pubs...
                              (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Working...
                              X