No announcement yet.

What keeps squads alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the squads I was on always desolved when the cap stopped or didn't care anymore.

I think that's the main reason squads disolve.

So to awnser your Q, squads stay alive if the captain (ass caps) works hard.
    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
      It's actually Season 6 you newbie.

-Epi
      Actually, I think he's referring to the server move after season 4 (Into TW, off TWL server)

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX

So to awnser your Q, squads stay alive if the captain (ass caps) works hard.

you said "ass cap"

copy, you're so crazy. you should look at it as a priveledge to get a chance to play with the best squads. they've got nothing to prove to you. you're the one that wants to prove that you deserve a shot in twl.

if you were a boxer, could you just step into the ring with the champ becuase you think you can beat him? no way.. but in TW, you get that opportunity if you want it. so hold your squad together, and shoot for the top, instead of trying to bring the top down to your level.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

It really all goes back to the Captain. Captains, from the start, have an air of power to them, to the rest of the squad. If that captain resigns, even if the squad just changes hands, it isnt quite the same. Your now under someone who started on the same level as you, and it is much of the time a unconcious ...grudge, i guess, as much as you might believe that player deserved the position. I've seen it happen with my own squads, and those i've been in. When a captain leaves, he also leaves his squad in an uproar, if not outspoken than inside the players.

So in conclusion i agree, the captains keep a squad together.

-Marius
          Robo Ref> Hey de 1 lets get it on in the back of #sex, unf unf unf

MariusTheRed> im jealous :(

MariusTheRed> robo ref has always got me going...

Comment

Someone outside leagues wants to make a league of their own? OH NOES! Oh wait, my mistake, he wants someone else to do it. You want to set up an unofficial mini tourney? No one is stopping you.

a league needs:
            Squads. You claim there are plenty. Invite them.
            A website (Optional, but very helpful). Geocities still offers free sites, last I heard.
            Hosts. I heard TWDbots are on almost alllll day.
            Maybe some other stuff, but I'm sure you can find it.

Failing that, you just want to be able to schedule games? Talk to the other squad, set it up. TW has a messaging system. It's really cool. Most squads also have a website with SOME email address or a bulliten board. Floydians had one, you can too.

Comment

Yeah and floydians are like, retards.
              But seriously, you want your squad to stay together? its more a matter of recruiting people who are both good and get along with one another. A websites not even entirely necessary, though a forum is useful. everyones got to have a good time. For instance, arro, castro and i all hate each other, we won't last the season!

Comment

Forums can be hosted here.

If you want forums hosted on mine you can send me a ?message or a forum PM.
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

yeah, what the fuck? you want all this shit, but you want everyone to do it for you?

If you want people to do all of your difficult shit for you.. you have to recruit concreteschlerd.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                  X