New Pub map for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pub map for the weekend

Well, this thread is basically for anyone who has anything to say about the new map that is currently being used for the weekend. For what its worth, I actually dont like it. I feel it is to big. I do, however, like the player capacity that the arena can hold and the fact that almost everyone seems to be basing. Thats just my opinion....everyone has one....whats yours?:fear:
    INSERT COOL SAYING OR QUOTE HERE

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

I like it, tbh. But spawn area needs to be less big. Levis need to go away. I think this will be good 8v8 with the better teams.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Area for flag room is too small too many blocks need more empty space for fighting. Need to cut down the number of entrances and make the pathway to flag a more obvious one.

edit: when you spawn the base is quite far.

Overall: Lets stick with this map and make small changes. The current one everyone knows all the angles to camp at, the burst spots, and some even have the bounce pattern for the bursts memorized.

Need new basing map!!
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

yeah thx for the info, the spawns were obviously too big but i kept them to see if the public players said the same. obviously this is true.

hop on a map editor and do what you wish with it, i dont mind. Make small changes to make it better.

I provided an entirely new layout for yall to pick and play with.

the entire purpose of this was to see how trench warrians would react to a "completly" new layout.

ofcourse, as trench wars is with its public arena, this is not permenant. But if yall like it alot, maybe it might go somewhere.
        [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

I like the fact that we're trying something different, but I don't think this particular map concept is very good. Spawns are much too far from the action. It's easier than ever to be a cheap lev or LT and stray bomb the spiral. I strongly disapprove of firing gaps between the tiles in the safe zone, again due to lev cheapness. There should be a few more firing gaps and/or narrow entry points in the spiral itself. It lacks the intensity of FR battles and crams in the default map.

Think about what makes the regular map great: It has a combination of open areas and bottlenecks, and they are arranged in alternating sequence (spawn -> tube -> mid -> base). There are multiple ways to reach the same point, although alternate routes have different costs in terms of time and maneuverability. The map encourages a general stream of traffic in a single direction, toward the flag, which makes the bottlenecks more strategically critical. There are small gaps at particular places that allow limited attacks from outside. I think these are all qualities to emulate in any TW map design.

Jab's map has some of them, but not enough IMO. By all means, let's keep trying different things though.

Also, small weasel.
          Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
          2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

This look better?

btw, the ring around the asteroid is invisible on the actual radar, so it wont look like that in-game.
            [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

i actually like this map, but i think it needs to have more meaning. Perhaps adding in a little bit of ?go warzone, having to hold the base while you protect a few flags? or maybe even 2 bases, so that you can hold "your" base to protect your flags!!
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I like Dwopples idea actually. But I am going to add a little twist. Why dont you have X amount of bases ( X being the number of freqs.) Each base has a flag and the goal is to hold your flag, but also try to get other teams flags. This, will compliment the amount of players for sure. Not to mention people will stay and lilke it. haha. Then what you could do it simply give more points to the freq holding the most flags....yeah?:fear:

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

Comment

too many entrances to the flag. spawn is way too big. flag area isn't big enough. doesn't feel like a basing map at all, nor a pub map. seems random.

Comment

Originally posted by Indirect-1 View Post
                    I like Dwopples idea actually. But I am going to add a little twist. Why dont you have X amount of bases ( X being the number of freqs.) Each base has a flag and the goal is to hold your flag, but also try to get other teams flags. This, will compliment the amount of players for sure. Not to mention people will stay and lilke it. haha. Then what you could do it simply give more points to the freq holding the most flags....yeah?:fear:
                    yeahhhhhh
                    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I don't like this map too much, I do like how the base has two entrances. It's fun being terr with a port on one side and then you go at the other side. When you have all of them fighting you there you can just portal in the back door!

I'm also really happy to see that we are experimenting, keep trying new maps maybe every second weekend or so. After a month or two we can have a poll on which map was the most popular. Please don't get stuck on improving this one map when there are a ton of maps that needs to be tried too.
                      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

THere will be another pubmap contest. I have to talk to moot and jab about the plans for it. However, I have had mostly good feedback.

Comment

If you're going to keep having new pub map tests... can you at least keep one arena as the normal pub map?

Comment

We cannot have two or more Public maps up on the server at once. It just cannot be done. Having a different base map for a weekend once a month may make Public more interesting?
                            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                            • Shark
                            • Dicer
                            • Sager
                            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Agreed. I like the change personally.:fear:

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

Comment

Working...
                              X