Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Mega Levi Settings Thread (6 threads in one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F_You and You and You and You and You and You and especially you Dabram
    F_You

Comment

You tell him, Steve-Dave!
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Re: This thread is really going nowhere...

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
        I think the problem here is that some people seem to think that Trench Wars is only limited to the public arenas. There's a lot more to do... events, elim, baseelim, ?go base, etc. But then again, pubs are used to fill the time between those, correct? So if you happen across a pub with a leviterr, just leave. Hop to another one; I've rarely come across a day with leviterrs in all pubs. Don't feed them and complain about it, just don't give them anything to hit in the first place. Or, as Sleepy Weasel mentioned some time ago, hop in a WB and hunt the bastards down. My take...
        Yes, there are a lot of arenas outside pubs. For me, though, pub isn't a place to go between other games. It is, in and of itself, a game worth playing. ). A game in pub is for as long as I want it, and it's less about having flag than trying to get it. The problem with the arenas without LTs is they tend to be the arenas without basing, and it's very hard to start up basing on my own. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Regardless, there are a lot of people who just want to play pub or don't know about anything else. For those people, shouldn't we try to find a solution?

Also, think about the range of tactics and lineups in TWLB. Now imagine a ship is brought in that is inline with the rest of the ship balance, yet has it's own unique abilities. A whole new vein of basing opens up. Everyone smiles.

As for hunting LTs, it gets boring fast. I do it. A lot, actually. But since I'd much rather be basing, my interest wanes rapidly.

Comment

Re: Re: This thread is really going nowhere...

Originally posted by Verthanthi
          Regardless, there are a lot of people who just want to play pub or don't know about anything else. For those people, shouldn't we try to find a solution?
          I agree. The problem is what kind of a solution... you offer one below:

Originally posted by Verthanthi
          Now imagine a ship is brought in that is inline with the rest of the ship balance, yet has it's own unique abilities. A whole new vein of basing opens up. Everyone smiles.
          Therin the problem lies- no such ship has been created. Doing so will be exteremly difficult, a task for some very creative individual (TWDev? Where are you...)
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I think they should make levs unable to attach. I think they should create new arenas, named levterr, levterr2, etc that have original settings and original map, without those lame levshot preventing bricks. Then the levterrs would go there, play with levterrs. Then half of people could go inside the base, as close to walls as possible. And then all the levterrs outside the base would start bombing the base walls. Ooooh.... I think it would be SUPER POPULAR!

Comment

Seriously though, as bloodzombie said on the other thread, ("Settings change" I suggest all you levterrs read that too, before you start bitching) TW pub is a basing arena. The problem is that levs have nothing to do with basing. (Yes, i know that there is 0.027% minority that actually tries basing with it, but there is so few of them, it shouldn't even be mentioned.) All the lts start bitching, about those basers who bitch about lts. Ya, maybe we should resize weasel to 1 pixel, give it 24000 energy and unlimited amount of thors. Then we sould say: "Hey, stop saying it's lame. It's just part of the game."

Comment

If people truly want to have the experience of flying super-powered hyper-bombing ships, there are other zones out there besides TW which cater to that desire and need support in order to keep Subspace thriving and growing. The only difference is that TW provides basers for easy pickings. If you stay in TW just to take advantage of said pickings, then I hold no remorse for your complaints.

I'm pretty sure other zones would be glad to accept several new players who love the feel of large explosions.

And yes, I know that some people's initial reaction to this is to say "why don't those basers go to another zone instead?". To those people, I would like them to re-read the news.txt file for TW, specifically under the description part.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  I'm pretty sure other zones would be glad to accept several new players who love the feel of large explosions.
                  Problem is that they're not after the big explosions. They're after the 20:1 w/l ratio, which is not very likely in any other zone than trenchwars.

Imho, removing levterrs would cause less frustrated levterrs leaving than keeping levterrs would cause frustrated basers leaving. I might be wrong in that, but even if I am, the people that would leave are just the people we need to get rid of.

Comment

new lev sucks

new lev sucks

Comment

old lev sucked
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Maybe in the future it will be good....
                        sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                        I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                        tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                        im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                        i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Hard to make good settings for lev that all the basers and all the LTers likes.
                          Koska perustetaan hamppukaupunki?

Comment

Originally posted by Raver420
                            Maybe in the future it will be good....
                            probably not...

PS: are you mr. 420's lil brother?

Comment

PS: are you mr. 420's lil brother?[QUOTE]

Nope, Just friends
                              sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                              I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                              tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                              im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                              i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

$10 says this post will get moved soon.
                                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                                cool koen> :)
                                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                                cool koen> not because of a bug
                                EvoLd> Lol
                                Treachery> meh
                                EvoLd> why then?
                                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                                EvoLd> LOl
                                toaster oven reviews