Pub Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Poll

First off lets thank diakka for the pub map enjoyment this weekend. And I was hoping to get some of your thoughts on the map, so feel free to respond, so he can tweak it for the better.
    Enjoyed the pub so much you would rather leave it up.
    11.36%
    Enjoyed the pub, but rather see a better tileset an make decision then.
    22.73%
    Enjoyed the pub, without the levs & private freqs
    12.50%
    Enjoyed the pub, with the levs & private freqs enabled
    15.91%
    Enjoyed the pub, But lets see the new map edits to entrance.
    11.36%
    Hated it! and want the old pub back!
    2.27%
    Hated it! and want the old pub back with old tileset!
    6.82%
    Lets see what else is out there.
    17.05%

Graphics: Tiles hurt my eyes, can't play it for a long time, I have constantly semi low FPS, 60. Not that attractive looking tiles really, sorry! Current Pub map, Fatbase and Boki have the kind of tiles that Trench Wars should be using in its Pub.

Design: Interesting, maybe too may entries to the insides of the base. Especially to the FR, 3 is already hard to defend, but 5? But on the other hand this combined with the fact that the flagroom was made bigger created good flagroom fighting which can be amusing. Maybe take the idea of flagroom battles even further? What role is left to the outer corridors and spaces of the base? They could become secondary fighting grounds etc safety areas for regathering and so on.. There could be something to this. But I would still like to have that one last spot where the enemy has to come through a defendable barrier, something I cannot find in this map. Another note, corridors lose their meaning if they have huge holes in them and players can access corridors from several holes. Fighting in trenches is supposed to give you shelter.

This was just quick random thinking, I may change my opinions quickly.

EDIT: I'd like to see it with LevTerr action, 1 lev per team, no need for private frequencies though.
    Ara / AraGee / Death
    SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
    SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
    TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
    ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Kthx
      Change the arena to ?go fatbase
      Have a map maker fix the ears so that the FR Warp still works properly
      Reduce jav bomb radius
      Remove the levi and replace it with the nightwasp that the top 5 overall players with pub points can use
      Do a Pub scorereset at a given time every two weeks
      Remove the pub arena population limit
      Use a bot in the second pub to bounce people into the first pub automatically
      Have Mods host basing events in the public arena occasionally with prizes such as the MVP of the event getting to pick an event to be hosted.
      Pub fixed; afk.
      Last edited by Mobey; 09-13-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

if your going to steal my shit quote me homobey
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          if your going to steal my shit quote me homobey
          Done.

Comment

i picked option two

it really is a great map, but the tileset is damn near seizure inducing
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Kthx says

Change the arena to ?go fatbase
              Have a map maker fix the ears so that the FR Warp still works properly
              Reduce jav bomb radius
              Remove the levi and replace it with the nightwasp that the top 5 overall players with pub points can use
              Do a Pub scorereset at a given time every two weeks
              Remove the pub arena population limit
              Use a bot in the second pub to bounce people into the first pub automatically
              Have Mods host basing events in the public arena occasionally with prizes such as the MVP of the event getting to pick an event to be hosted.
              Agreed.

Comment

it's an okay map, just that..

the..

fucking..

TILES.

going to get my basing map uploaded to Trench Wars, could be interesting to have as pub map for a short while.

hope it'll be added to ?go turbase today :P

Comment

The colors are retarded but the layout of the base is good. Since pub is where newbs are mostly it makes sense to have a base with more than one entrance to flagroom. Easier for newbs to win.

Comment

I enjoyed it quite a bit!!!

Fun basing
                    Fun dueling
                    Fun LTing

I would like to see the priv freqs enabled all the time so as to have people on squad practice basing so I can show them they'd actually like it <_< -- but not necessarily having levs as well with this particular map.

The map still allows LTs to obliterate the flag room, and even though I Love to LT, it was ruining the basing game too much last nite and when there is noone basing, that sucks -- whether you like to base, duel, or LT.
                    Fuck it.

Comment

Either way I think a majority of players agree this is a step in the right direction for our public arena. It is a stepping stone that will take us to the next correct path.

Thanks Diakka and whomever helped getting this done.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

What was the player limit in that map?
                        Fuck it.

Comment

NONE!, just need to fix the second pub so it kicks you to the first.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I voted leave it up, i prefer this map, why? no more ship changing/ relying on team mates to get in fr you can go in with any ship and that is pretty awesome tbh.

More effective
                            Cloaker
                            Lanc
                            Wb
                            Terrier
                            Jav

Less effective
                            Lev
                            Shark

Seems great to me.

Comment

Agree with Kthx, is a step in the right direction.
                              Enjoyed having levs and priv freqs, nice to have all eight ships again.
                              The tileset is a little bright and plain, agree with Ara about tileset from Boki being ideal.
                              The side paths to the fr seem a little excessive, 3 entries might be better than 5.
                              Agree with Inaphyt about more effective x. It's been said a million times at least.
                              Please bring back 1/2 tile x.

And whatever happened to the tw $ ..?
                              Being able to buy cool stuff seems like a good use for points... idk.
                              sepetaiya> if your bored on continuum your very unsmart

(Ominous Blue Dot)> Toes are most precious, yes.

Violence> do u eefin no how 2 read?

Comment

Working...
                              X