Pub Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Problems

For me, pubbing has gone back to the lack of fun experienced before GuanoBot. It is once again over half the people using fighter ships in spawn. On top of that, we have this new levi now that hasn't discouraged levterring at all, something we can all agree kills basing.

The last five or so times I've logged on, my team is even in numbers to the other pub freq but there is no way we can get the base because the vast majority are in the spawn and/or levterring. I realize not everyone plays pub to base but I think a lot do and are being alienated. Furthermore, at least wbs and javs can participate while a base game is happening. It's not so true the other way around.

One of the problems is the kill-a-thon. While this sounded fun to me at first, it's obvious now that this can only break down to fighter ships killing each other in spawn. Can't you go to elim if you want a good old fashioned race?

I'm not going to bash the money system since I think it has potential and needs some tweaking. That said I think there are some obvious places for improvement. For obvious reasons, money is awarded per kill. This is not a problem but it encourages playing as fighter ships since they get the most kills. Also, since streaks give bonuses, the obvious ship choice is a fighter since they are best for rec'ing. Can money be awarded to terrs for staying alive in the flagroom or for sharks getting TeKs? I think credit should be more heavily focused on flag points.

As for the levi, I think there needs to be something big to deter from all the levterring we're seeing now. Costing money, requiring a higher bounty to attach or reducing the blast radius of the bomb, I dunno. Whatever works.

/meow
    Less QQ More pew pew

Maybe for money issues, have kills in flagroom worth more money, and kills in spawn slightly less (if basing mode is activated, which i assume it always is now...)?
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
      Maybe for money issues, have kills in flagroom worth more money, and kills in spawn slightly less (if basing mode is activated, which i assume it always is now...)?
      This is the case already but maybe not contrasted enough, you get +$3 when you kill inside the flagroom, +$2 inside the mid + your normal $ per kill. You also earn money when you touch the flag when there is 4 seconds left, or 10 depending.. We are still trying to balance the money earns vs item prices.
      TW Bot Developer
      TW Web Developer
      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
      Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Soup du Jour View Post
        It is once again over half the people using fighter ships in spawn
        This has been always the case since forever. Of course, if you log on during a kill-o-thon, you may get more fighter in spawn.

One of the problems is the kill-a-thon. While this sounded fun to me at first, it's obvious now that this can only break down to fighter ships killing each other in spawn. Can't you go to elim if you want a good old fashioned race?
        With the Kill-o-thon, we were trying to get a mini-game running while you could base at the same time. It turned out to be a who kill the most in spawn which is, after thinking, quite obvious. The code is already there to limit the kill-o-thon inside base, so kills in spawn won't count anymore (won't be enabled for now). Also, because of this problem, the kill-o-thon only runs 15 minutes with a 1 hour pause between each.

As for the levi, I think there needs to be something big to deter from all the levterring we're seeing now. Costing money, requiring a higher bounty to attach or reducing the blast radius of the bomb, I dunno. Whatever works.
        I do agree, we will wait and see because there is the effect of "it's new, let's try it". Players should calm down in a few days and some will return to their casual ship. Then we will see if it's really a problem. I do like the required bounty to attach, maybe set it to 30 instead of 20.

Thx for your input, as I said, we are still tweaking the whole arena and we will take note of your recommendations.
        TW Bot Developer
        TW Web Developer
        Friends> All I saw was arobas+
        Friends> It's like death

Comment

I haven't logged on to see the new levi but I hope you gave it the emp prox bomb instead of a regular bomb like in the version me and flared had worked out.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
            everything ever
            :wub:
            Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Lose money for a spawn kill. The game is intended to be about capturing the flag/base, not about racking the most kills.

Let people put their money where their mouths are, lose money every time you type in pub. Kill macros should cost double.
              eph

Comment

Eph how many years have some faggots wanted spawn protection in TWL?

ITS A PART OF THE FUCKING GAME shut the fuck up with your liberal ass thinking for tw you stupid faggot.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Teach kids money management, let them loan out spacebucks with 10% daily interest. For as long as they're in debt, disallow whatever ship they use most regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
                    Teach kids money management, let them loan out spacebucks with 10% daily interest. For as long as they're in debt, disallow whatever ship they use most regularly.
                    yes and if they continue not to pay up smash one of their knees with a bat

as in take away their ability to turn left

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      Eph how many years have some faggots wanted spawn protection in TWL?

ITS A PART OF THE FUCKING GAME shut the fuck up with your liberal ass thinking for tw you stupid faggot.
                      Hence the "".
                      Your trolling skills are starting to slip Wark!
                      eph

Comment

I just don't have the time and im not willing to put in the effort I used to, it is slipping. Also it isn't as fun since idiots caused like over half the forum to quit from bad staffing.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          yes and if they continue not to pay up smash one of their knees with a bat

as in take away their ability to turn left
                          i call this position on staff

head loan shark

pun intended!
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            idiots caused like over half the forum to quit
                            this is true, you are correct
                            however, not in the way you wanted it to, sry bro
                            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

How would you know Join Date 2006 faggot?

Half the people who quit, you have never even heard of. You are like the AIDS of continuum, you try infesting every zone with your shitty distension-lite crap and its been rejected utterly and failed utterly. So shut the fuck up Aids.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X