Staff changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff changes

As of December 28th 2010, the Zone Helper (<ZH>) has been reinstated to fill the needs of the zone. The readdition of this level of staff is to ensure that we have proper training as well as a more interactive role from the staff-player standpoint.

The new system will look like this:

<ZH>'s are new to the staff. They will be trained on how to take help calls. And after they have been deemed ready by the Upper Staff, they will be trained on the basics of hosting. They will not be expected to handle cheater calls.

<ER>'s are more experienced staffers. They will be expected to host events and league matches. They will be the bridge between help and cheater calls, but are to be focused on hosting.

Mods are the most experienced staffers, and therefore will primarily handle cheater calls. They are still able to host.

If you have any questions about this change to the zone staff, please feel free to contact me here or in-game.

-H.M.S. Stargazer
    Public Relations/Quality Assurance
    Last edited by H.M.S. Stargazer; 12-30-2010, 02:24 AM.

sounds good.

Comment

Hopefully they'll spend a majority of their time in pub, thereby assuring a "safe environment" for new players and the inevitable recruiting pool for priv and league.

Last edited by Cojafoji; 12-30-2010, 05:54 AM.

Comment

where do i apply?

Comment

I think I'm having de ja vu
          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Can I be ZH ???????
            “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
            -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
            -Bots / Systems creator
            -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

+1

finally, its back
              no idea why they removed it in the 1st place
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

ya, which douchebag removed it? of course he wouldn't reply to this #pussy
                (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

can I be re-instated as a ZH? I was the last ZH left on staff until they removed them a few years ago, taking up the position again would be an honour
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

This is an excellent step in the right direction

Comment

If you want to apply : http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=staffapplication
                      TW Bot Developer
                      TW Web Developer
                      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                      Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                        ya, which douchebag removed it? of course he wouldn't reply to this #pussy
                        Well 'Officially' I did. Although it was a joint effort of Rudy/Weaver and myself.

The original idea was to change how <ER>'s and mods were handled. But the plan was modified into what we had with 4 deans.

Original idea: <ZH>'s were to be changed to Jr. mods. People wanting to take calls would be hired by the mod deans (Kolar and Dameon Angell) and placed without ban access to take help calls. They would be promoted to Sr. Mod after 3-6 months of training with very little hosting. These people would be allowed to move up into the hierarchy of TWD Ops/Smods.

<ER>'s were in essence to become the <RH>'s of TW. Hired by the <ER> deans (Myself and Spacehiker.) They would be hired specifically to host events as Jr <ER>. They would be trained on how to host manually, and basics of hosting. Sr. <ER>'s would be allowed to host league events and use the bots. They would not be involved in the day to day activities of Staff. They were not to be 'promoted' unless it was a transfer best suited for the staffer in question. <ER>'s could be hired from basically anyone wanting to host, as they would not be privy to much leakable information.

This was the original idea, that got changed out of ignorance of the original idea and had also changed made due to necessity. Many of the new hires were expecting the original way of ZH > ER > Mod. Tjis caused problems as they wanted advancement and went about trying to get 'transferred' or 'promoted'.

I personally hired dozens of people during this time for the reason of getting people hosting, as they were not 'staff material'. This unfortunately looked like I was hiring 'friends'. In a way I was, as I had helped made this plan and had been working on a base chat of people who would be good hosters.

So due to the changes from the original idea of a 4 dean system, it became redundant to have 4 deans. So we dropped to 2, but we kept the 4 tiered system for promotions. Then eventually dropped to 3. Jr. ER > Sr. ER > Mod. But they kept the Jr. <ER> system the same.

This had a negative effect however, as people were hired to host, but lost the proper training that a Jr Mod had. So we have moved back to the ZH > ER > Mod system.

Hopefully this explains to everyone what happened how we got there and why we went back.

Comment

Hire people who like hosting to be ER's and hire people who like taking calls to be Mods, make them the same level so good hosts don't get "promoted" to taking calls because they think it is the step up to becoming higher up on staff.

ER/Mod same level - just hired for different personality traits and qualities.

First step up could come equally from either of those not more likely from the mod position, and just make it so ER's who know about hosting move into higher staffing positions that would best suit their knowledge of hosting, and move mods to higher positions in staff that have more to do with procedures.

Thats how you do it, no need to bring back ZH's to be honest, you just need to fix the problem of staff thinking that banning cheaters is a promotion over hosting in the zone. How many good, active ER's do we have to lose to the doldrums of taking cheater calls. And on top of that just let it be known that anyone can take a fucking ?help call, ER, Mod, Smod, Dean, why ER's should be brow beaten into the ground because a mod needs a help call for his quota instead of someone taking the call that actually is interesting in helping is borderline retarded.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

remove zh's pls

they are useless
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                              Hire people who like hosting to be ER's and hire people who like taking calls to be Mods, make them the same level so good hosts don't get "promoted" to taking calls because they think it is the step up to becoming higher up on staff.

ER/Mod same level - just hired for different personality traits and qualities.

First step up could come equally from either of those not more likely from the mod position, and just make it so ER's who know about hosting move into higher staffing positions that would best suit their knowledge of hosting, and move mods to higher positions in staff that have more to do with procedures.

Thats how you do it, no need to bring back ZH's to be honest, you just need to fix the problem of staff thinking that banning cheaters is a promotion over hosting in the zone. How many good, active ER's do we have to lose to the doldrums of taking cheater calls. And on top of that just let it be known that anyone can take a fucking ?help call, ER, Mod, Smod, Dean, why ER's should be brow beaten into the ground because a mod needs a help call for his quota instead of someone taking the call that actually is interesting in helping is borderline retarded.
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X