No announcement yet.

Beam y u killing pub fool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem isnt the buy stuff, the problem is the ridiculous "multiplier" that lets people buy a grossly disproportionate amount of space bux. How many people that earned their space bux playing buy sphere - a lot, ONCE, to see what it does. No one who is earning it by playing could buy it often, but wouldn't want to waste it like that anyway. being able to buy more pub bucks then you could get playing for years was ridiculous. If a couple more do what beam is doing that will be the end of pub.

WIth most wins worth 180 - <1000, winning 50% of the time, plus the other ways to make money you'd still need to play 10+ rounds to buy sphere once.
    LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

What looks even worse is our call stats this month on staff. Beam actually takes a shitload of calls, but since he fucks around in pub, by using money he earned playing pub and then by way of spending it in ways that the system allows, is the bad staffer? That seems kind of backwards, don't you think "1 call all month" Jason? You're my boy, but if you're going to start calling out things that make staff look bad, I'll go ahead and open my list of shit that makes staff look even worse, and is much more important.

The system is flawed (although there has been steps to fix it: I've heard spheres are gone) so complain about that as opposed to complaining about someone playing within the rules, staff or not.
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Double post look at me go. For the record I don't like the pub bux system at all. It was interesting for awhile to see how much $ you could make, but in the end it ruins the game. No point basing for 30 minutes to try to hold flag, only to be thor'd from off radar with 15 seconds left. That shit is annoying and it takes no talent. If beam's festivities in pub mean some of these things will change faster, then beam I'll donate you the rest of my pub cash to help the process along.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

That is the point, he didn't "using money he earned playing pub". he bought it, instantly becoming the richest in the game. It would be impossible to earn that kind of money. If he did earn it by playing, he'd have probably spent it gradually along the way, and not want to waste it spending hours buying spheres as fast as possible etc.
          LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

actually i dont think beam spent a freaking buck buying tw money... most if it was earned the same way everyone else do earn it, and donated from other players.
            http://www.youtube.com/user/FieryFire3D

Comment

I donated $50 and gave away all the pub bux away. I think if you go do !money vaped <zh> right now i have maybe $200. lol. vaped name has 3k i think.

As a whole, the pubbux system is pretty silly -- we don't need it to make this game interesting.

There are parts of it that are good. But as players start to bankroll thousands and millions of pubbux, prices should have prices that reflect how much money a player has. Basically saying prices are cheap for noobs but if you have $10k the prices go up, then @ $30k, etc. in some sort of fashion. Whether this is even possible or not I don't know.... and it already sounds too complicated to me and i'm writing it.
              Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                What looks even worse is our call stats this month on staff. Beam actually takes a shitload of calls, but since he fucks around in pub, by using money he earned playing pub and then by way of spending it in ways that the system allows, is the bad staffer? That seems kind of backwards, don't you think "1 call all month" Jason? You're my boy, but if you're going to start calling out things that make staff look bad, I'll go ahead and open my list of shit that makes staff look even worse, and is much more important.

The system is flawed (although there has been steps to fix it: I've heard spheres are gone) so complain about that as opposed to complaining about someone playing within the rules, staff or not.
                do you define the system allowing it as being able to type !buy sphere ? Be realistic dude, read what bandcampgirl wrote. You get $200 a round maximum, thors are 2,500, and tack on another $120 you made killing people. Do the math. 8+ rounds, thats more than a few hours for a single thor.

And you're telling me the system is fucked up? I've played pub regularly for about 400 kills this reset and have made something like $3,000.

Is this clicking? I played 10+ hours of pub and earned 1 thor/sphere. Like I've said before, the entire idea of a money-based system is another argument. To try to say that beam is doing us all a favor and is somehow pointing out the flaws in the system is absolutely hilarious imo.

I don't mind this money based system at all. I like to see my pub bux rise. The argument that thors clear base is a great one. Yes, now the opposing team takes base and its a switch. No one can afford to keep doing it, period, but beam can afford it. Things like strikebase, thors, and the rest LEVEL base possession. No single team can now line and hold base for rounds on end anymore. When you pub, you are in fact more likely to see a strikebase than a thor or sphere. Pubbers recognize that wasteful pleasantries like thor and sphere are fucking wastes of money.

In summation, beam is NOT "..playing within the rules.." having 1000 times more money than the average pubber is not the systems fault.
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

a) who the fuk is beam

b) y u nuckas writing essays

c) am rich bitch

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                    it would be pretty easy to limit player X to one orb per Y seconds
                    ^ This is the answer. When people started complaining about thors, the price AND the timeout between buying thors was increased IMMEDIATELY. I don't necessarily think the price for spheres, epidemics and basestrikes should be raised, but the timeout between these purchases should be increased greatly.
                    Last edited by sc00p; 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

for the record, there was a near immediate reduction of rewards at release of the system, and if you note the dollar bar can only handle 7 digits
                      the system was never designed to have more than $9,999,999, and that was supposed to be after many years of play

but the hyperinflation of tw$ has kind of ruined things, esp with things like "come play my event $1m to every1 that participates -newb<ER>" or "come donate $.50 to tw! $20m if u do!"
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

the pub system was designed so this could never happen
                        it only happened when people added things to it
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I wasn't sure where to post this but this seems like the most relevant thread. Sphere of Seclusion already can only be bought once every 5 minutes but in an effort to reduce multiple players using Sphere on the same freq consecutively there is now a 2 minute immunity for Sphere of Seclusion for each of the affected freqs. I hope this helps somewhat.

Comment

lol @ 'hyperinflation of TW $'

not sure why i find it so funny ... i blame the painkillers.
                            Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                              To try to say that beam is doing us all a favor and is somehow pointing out the flaws in the system is absolutely hilarious imo.
                              I don't believe he is doing us a favor on purpose; just that the byproduct of what he is doing is showing us flaws in things that should be corrected as they come up with the testing of this new pub.
                              Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                                do you define the system allowing it as being able to type !buy sphere ? Be realistic dude, read what bandcampgirl wrote. You get $200 a round maximum, thors are 2,500, and tack on another $120 you made killing people. Do the math. 8+ rounds, thats more than a few hours for a single thor.

And you're telling me the system is fucked up? I've played pub regularly for about 400 kills this reset and have made something like $3,000.

Is this clicking? I played 10+ hours of pub and earned 1 thor/sphere. Like I've said before, the entire idea of a money-based system is another argument. To try to say that beam is doing us all a favor and is somehow pointing out the flaws in the system is absolutely hilarious imo.

I don't mind this money based system at all. I like to see my pub bux rise. The argument that thors clear base is a great one. Yes, now the opposing team takes base and its a switch. No one can afford to keep doing it, period, but beam can afford it. Things like strikebase, thors, and the rest LEVEL base possession. No single team can now line and hold base for rounds on end anymore. When you pub, you are in fact more likely to see a strikebase than a thor or sphere. Pubbers recognize that wasteful pleasantries like thor and sphere are fucking wastes of money.

In summation, beam is NOT "..playing within the rules.." having 1000 times more money than the average pubber is not the systems fault.
                                Really because I know for a fact Tabarnak has made well over $500k in the last week alone. When fucksticks like tabarnak are capable of figuring it out, I guarantee it wouldn't be long until someone worse than beam comes along, and someone who other staffers can't just flex at to get him to slow down. I don't know if I'm saying he did anyone a favor, but when it comes down to choosing between Beam doing it, or XsUpErPuBbEr69Xx doing it, he is absolutely the lesser of 2 evils.

Anyway wing handled the situation, so we should all we happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X